Experts predict that a Punggol resale flat could fetch S$1 million flat within the next year or so

noobcarbuyer

I also have some magic crystals that I am selling for $10,000.

I predict next year these will be selling for $20,000.

Better faster buy now.

:D

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

The bad air pollution in the North East Region of Singapore is VERY real!  

Apparently at the beginning of the year, close to a HUNDRED students in a primary school in SENGKANG experienced eye irritation!

And my friend staying in Serangoon Gardens confirmed that he gets the "Burning Plastic" chemical smell from Pasir Gudung during the north east monsoon season at the end / beginning of the year. And his kid gets more asthma attacks whenever the air quality drops. The whole family also gets eye irritation whenever the smell comes.

Wonder why this is not more widely known! 

So all the North East Towns like Sengkang, Serangoon, Seletar, Punggol and Hougang have been suffering from this air pollution from Pasir Gudung for years?
Why then are the property value of the North East region so high? And more importantly, why is the government not doing anything about it?

When I viewed the Luxus hills launch at Seletar Hills a couple of years back, the launch price was close to $2000 psf! 

I agree. My ex-colleagues worked on the Pengerang Rapid refinery and the surrounding tankfarms and gas terminals. Its like staying across jurong island but with a party of environmental enforcers open to.... ermm... negotiations.

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

actually all the people complaining here probably never stepped into punggol. Honestly the air is the same as anywhere else in the north or rest of SG

There is some problems with the estate in terms of the connectivity to TPE (previously KPE).

But the number 1 problem with punggol is the RSAF fighter jets noise from paya lebar airbase. It is by far the worst thing about Punggol.

The estate otherwise is well planned out, punggol waterway and coney island etc all these places are great. Nothing else in sg comes close. 

The HDB density is bit high in punggol/SK cos they can build to 22 storeys and so each estate has more  units. Whereas sembawang, yishun are restricted to 13 floors due to seletar airport

PLAB shifting out soon.....in not too far future. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I also have some magic crystals that I am selling for $10,000.

I predict next year these will be selling for $20,000.

Better faster buy now.

Got something harder or not? 

Like women's best friend.... 

Diamonds

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Err yeah. The planes still taking off almost everyday until then lol. 

4 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Well, I was in the dark about all this Pasir Gudung business until I read what the other forummers shared yesterday. 

I think I would believe empirical evidence and newspaper reports.

Hearing about the 70 over kids at the Sengkang school who had eye irritation for the whole day makes me concerned. 

Thank goodness I decided against staying in Seletar Hills. 

Better be safe than sorry and not stay in the entire North East region. 

Seems the pollution can be smelt at Serangoon gardens (as what my friend who stays there told me). So I would think the entire North East (Sengkang, Seletar, Serangoon, Punggol & Hougang) are quite polluted from all the industries in Pasir Gudung. 

Then again those staying in the North East needn't worry as property there seems to be doing very well! 👍

Good for those who bought their HDB and condos early on and are now making a killing! 

I stayed there for a while 

LL because if wanted BTO in early 2000 only Punggol or CCK....

Of course most people who stayed in the East will choose North East lah. 

That time MBT cut development after 97 influx failed to realise.... Hence many of our peers looking to get our BTO really pissed with MND/Gov.. inactions..... lack of choices until mid 2000s where development started again... 

I know about Pasir Gudang, I knew about subsequent development going to happened so I chose my unit far away from the next development 

The air quality wasn't that bad lah. If its due to haze.... Most areas of SG is the same.... 

I on a/c daily bcos evening time still warm.... 

I ran very regularly then.... when staying there due to the great accessibility to the PCN. 

No where as bad as like some capital cities in Asia....like what you sounded. 🤦‍♂

I sold mine.... Made some $$$ but not a killing. 

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Karoon said:

I agree. My ex-colleagues worked on the Pengerang Rapid refinery and the surrounding tankfarms and gas terminals. Its like staying across jurong island but with a party of environmental enforcers open to.... ermm... negotiations.

Some may think the air quality isn't that bad as it seems to be an occasional thing.

Repeated exposures over the long run though, can have detrimental health effects. That's especially true for people who are more sensitive. 

Talk about Punggol being engineered for green and sustainable living, but air pollution from industrial chemicals just over the Straits is not within our control. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Some may think the air quality isn't that bad as it seems to be an occasional thing.

Repeated exposures over the long run though, can have detrimental health effects. That's especially true for people who are more sensitive. 

Talk about Punggol being engineered for green and sustainable living, but air pollution from industrial chemicals just over the Straits is not within our control. 

I honestly think this air pollution from Pasir Gudung issue affects the entire North and North Eastern part of Singapore. 

Transboundary air pollution does not magically stop only at Punggol and in fact will spread according to the prevailing wind patterns to encompass more than half of Singapore. 

In other nations, transboundary air pollution can travel hundreds of kilometers to affect other countries / cities. 

With Singapore only being 20 kilometers in width, I think most of us are already living under the plume of toxicity and suffering from the silent effects of air pollution. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Come and think about it, air pollution will usually stay airborne higher in the atmosphere before settling down some distance from the source. 

So ironically, Punggol (which is nearest to Malaysia) could be the safest place from the air pollution after all. 

And that could explain why the students from the Sengkang primary school were afflicted with eye irritation when the students in Punggol primary schools were fine. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/70-students-experienced-eye-irritation-springdale-primary-school-14045684

Screenshot_20210430-092517_Chrome.jpg.de421b0b83ccd733cb1135f4cc3c1169.jpg

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Come and think about it, air pollution will usually stay airborne higher in the atmosphere before settling down some distance from the source. 

So ironically, Punggol (which is nearest to Malaysia) could be the safest place from the air pollution after all. 

And that could explain why the students from the Sengkang primary school were afflicted with eye irritation when the students in Punggol primary schools were fine. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/70-students-experienced-eye-irritation-springdale-primary-school-14045684

Screenshot_20210430-092517_Chrome.jpg.de421b0b83ccd733cb1135f4cc3c1169.jpg

Wear masks not enough, next time students need to don goggles as well 😁

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/30/2021 at 9:49 PM, Dafansu said:

There's a air monitoring system in Punggol. Air quality so far no issue according to NEA 😄

20190315_082137.jpg

So if NEA is correct that there is no air pollution in Punggol.

Then I guess my theory is correct and that the Air Pollution from Pasir Gudung is drifting down from the atmosphere and landing further down in North East Singapore like Sengkang, Serangoon, Hougang, AMK etc. 

That explains why the close to hundred school kids from the Sengkang primary school were afflicted with eye irritation when the students in Punggol primary schools were fine.

And why my friend's family staying in Serangoon Gardens always has eye irritation during the north east monsoon months and his kid also suffers from more Asthma attacks when the pollution from Malaysia comes in at the end of the year and beginning of the year.

And that is most likely why the prices in Punggol are more expensive than the other North East region! Punggol is ironically the safest from air pollution!

Hypersonic

Jamesc predicts Pinnacle @ Duxton will be $2 million one day.

If anyone at Pinnacle want to sell contact jamesc good homes for sale at good prices 

Supercharged
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 7:32 PM, Atonchia said:

i think still 10-15 years ba….T5 also postpone...shift to where?

Supercharged
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2021 at 9:22 AM, noobcarbuyer said:

I honestly think this air pollution from Pasir Gudung issue affects the entire North and North Eastern part of Singapore. 

Transboundary air pollution does not magically stop only at Punggol and in fact will spread according to the prevailing wind patterns to encompass more than half of Singapore. 

In other nations, transboundary air pollution can travel hundreds of kilometers to affect other countries / cities. 

With Singapore only being 20 kilometers in width, I think most of us are already living under the plume of toxicity and suffering from the silent effects of air pollution. 

if that's the theory, then whatever our G do on the reducing carbon footprint front is practically no use at all....one gush of wind from PG will wipe out all the effort they put in...

wasted....

Punggol sure up up up.

why ? becos i live in a hDB there mah…. Sure to huat one lah.

Then i thinking of moving to woodlands in 2024.

Muayhahahaha

(edited)

million dollar hdb = sup sup water la

let's not just look at no of millionaire … look at density too … 

no need simi sexperts to predict that ... huat ah!

EC679F9E-F40F-47C6-BEEE-EC2D2AF86CF1.png

43C0BA45-3034-41A7-A0BC-3A42C22591F0.png

Edited by Wt_know

20 hours ago, Wt_know said:

million dollar hdb = sup sup water la

let's not just look at no of millionaire … look at density too … 

no need simi sexperts to predict that ... huat ah!

EC679F9E-F40F-47C6-BEEE-EC2D2AF86CF1.png

43C0BA45-3034-41A7-A0BC-3A42C22591F0.png

thats is ownself cheat ownself.  Hahaha.   Hdb millionaire indeed.

then after selling hdb must move out of your own country to retire .  

singapore lang, jin cham lah, muayhahaha

and we deserve it

hee hee

↡ Advertisement