Experts predict that a Punggol resale flat could fetch S$1 million flat within the next year or so

noobcarbuyer

29 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

I went cycling around the punggol PCN loop recently. I have to say the developments flanking the "river" look very nice.

Man made stuff in sg always look very nice de. Lol.

• Haha! 1

22 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I am just guessing only but I think Punggol area appeals to a certain age group between 25 to 35. 

The average age in this forum should be at least 45 if not more. So maybe that is why most of us here cannot understand the appeal of Punggol. Maybe those few who live there can educate us on the charms of Punggol?

I am personally not a fan as it is far from city (if you drive and also far if you don't live near the NE line stations). And the flats there seem pretty packed near to each other. But I see the charms of the large expanse of empty land near Conney island, though I find the sea view there pretty unappetizing.

actually all the people complaining here probably never stepped into punggol. Honestly the air is the same as anywhere else in the north or rest of SG

There is some problems with the estate in terms of the connectivity to TPE (previously KPE).

But the number 1 problem with punggol is the RSAF fighter jets noise from paya lebar airbase. It is by far the worst thing about Punggol.

The estate otherwise is well planned out, punggol waterway and coney island etc all these places are great. Nothing else in sg comes close. 

The HDB density is bit high in punggol/SK cos they can build to 22 storeys and so each estate has more  units. Whereas sembawang, yishun are restricted to 13 floors due to seletar airport

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

21 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Mostly young family lah, attracted to the so-called waterway (minus the yatches)

plus all the insects that thrive in waterway environment.. lol

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

mai so gek sim. 😅 before bishan became a housing estate, it was also a cemetery. I remember paying my respects to my grandparents buried there when I was a kid. But look at it now. One of the more popular housing estates to stay in. I think Bishan also has a few million dollar HDB transactions. Who know but maybe Punggol might also have one soon.

When I drove into Punggol for the 1st time, I exclaimed to my wife "Wah, the flats are so close together." Roads mostly only 2 lanes - 1 going straight and the other straight/turn right. Must be tedious driving there on weekdays peak hours, waiting for the traffic light.

yes it is bit tedious cos of the density and the number of traffic lights. but lol every plot of land fully utilised.

eventually all of SG will become liddat lah.

16 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

plus all the insects that thrive in waterway environment.. lol

the waterway doesnt have a lot of mozzies. I seldom get bitten there. But near the coney island side yes.

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

Wa, bought at $468k but sold for $900k?! Really crazy siah!

4 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

yup...350k can sell for 600k or more..

then with the profit buy what ahhh...LPPL.....[laugh].

Unless downgrade and buy 3R flat..[laugh]

Ok la, that is not bad la. 

I bought at 384.9K and sold for 860K. 

Punggol loft. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Did a quick check and woah. 

How are HDB prices in the North East so high?

Even Sengkang has flats hoping to sell at $900K? Doesn't anyone read the news?
Are parents not worried about the air pollution from Pasir Gudung affecting their kids, like how the 70 students at the Sengkang school were affected by the air pollution just this year? 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/70-students-experienced-eye-irritation-springdale-primary-school-14045684

183869696_Sengkang216C.PNG.ba7af88fddf52dbc7f893fcdb94edeff.PNG

538424157_361Hougang.PNG.0e1f8b96b6df09f4f256112f059f6409.PNG

1801010088_962Hougang.PNG.dc24e1669fd0f59fbb7a64d20e8b1f2c.PNG

The air quality there not as bad as you mentioned lah. 

The school incident is likely within its surrounding compound.... 

If its due to chemical from Pasir Gudang, then hundred of thousands people from Punggol and Seng Kang would have complain.

29 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yes it is bit tedious cos of the density and the number of traffic lights. but lol every plot of land fully utilised.

eventually all of SG will become liddat lah.

It was just a year ago I went Punggol Settlement...... 

Then last month went.... 

The road change again😅😅

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Uluwatu06 said:

Punggol loft. 

wow that is a 100+% appreciation. Guess some pple really appreciate this. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

It was just a year ago I went Punggol Settlement...... 

Then last month went.... 

The road change again😅😅

ah yes. change since later part of 2020 liao. I go to coney island sometimes with my wife, haha i holland the 1st time also.

• Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Uluwatu06 said:

Punggol loft. 

does that floor area include the double height ceiling area like PC? Cos based on the photos i see online it doesnt seem like a 147sqm area.

EDIT: Nvm found the floor plan. So it's 120sqm + 2-3sqm for standard HDB ac ledge + 27sqm for the void area. 

Edited by Lala81

On 4/28/2021 at 1:23 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Why hdb getting more and more unaffordable 

it's not hdb not affordable

it's YOU cannot afford it 

AGENT says one :D 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 5

punggol last time = bird no lay eggs

punggol this time = goose lay golden eggs

next target is bidadari ... tengah ... etc

waiting for LCK turn ... lol

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

does that floor area include the double height ceiling area like PC? Cos based on the photos i see online it doesnt seem like a 147sqm area.

EDIT: Nvm found the floor plan. So it's 120sqm + 2-3sqm for standard HDB ac ledge + 27sqm for the void area. 

Yeah u r right. 

Actually the official interior square area is 111 sqm. 

It's nice, but maintaining high ceiling is really not an easy task. Plus the staircase...... a bit inconvenient.

Edited by Uluwatu06
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Looks like my BIL is right to go for penthouse loft unit in EC.

go BIG or go home … lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Uluwatu06 said:

Yeah u r right. 

Actually the official interior square area is 131 sqm. 

It's nice, but maintaining high ceiling is really not an easy task. Plus the staircase...... a bit inconvenient.

i don't really like high ceilings since I'm also bit scared of heights if on the ladder. 

I don't like it when the fluorescent lights at my workplace die and they need to be changed.

This double height one, mlmlwml [laugh]

↡ Advertisement