COE Bidding – May 2021

Carbon82

10 hours ago, Tianmo said:

IIRC, there is, or mayb some AD has such rules among the SEs. Within the period, the comm goes to the earlier SE or split comm, something like that.

How to have familiar SE unless you going back to the same brand. We also cant keep going back to the show room to be serve by different SE leh. 

I read some reviews, and there is one particular issue which different reviews gave different opinions. The only way for me to know if I can accept it is to do a test drive myself, otherwise i cannot even shortlist it...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yes. There is for some AD. If you anyhow change SE they might blacklist you for many months. They can also choose their customers. It is only fair. I think as long as your name is not tag to an SE in their system you may be able to do what you want. So dont give your full name first. Hahaha...

You can ask ppl here to "jie shao"  SE to you.

What I heard from my friend who used to be a car SE is that they have a queue system. Whoever walks in they have to take whether the customer is a potential one or a waste time one. So it is just as unpredictable for you and for them.

For me, communication goes both ways. If your attitude is friendly of course likely ppl will react the same for you but you kake one LJ been and act like a bigfxxk, then ppl will likely boh hiu you. Whatever you try to ask he/she will say dunno.

Of course if you want vip treatment all you have to do is walk into the showroom and say, "limpeh wants to buy that one in red, I PAY CASH!". LoL...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

11 hours ago, Tianmo said:

IIRC, there is, or mayb some AD has such rules among the SEs. Within the period, the comm goes to the earlier SE or split comm, something like that.

How to have familiar SE unless you going back to the same brand. We also cant keep going back to the show room to be serve by different SE leh. 

I read some reviews, and there is one particular issue which different reviews gave different opinions. The only way for me to know if I can accept it is to do a test drive myself, otherwise i cannot even shortlist it...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Queue system, ermm you going for the 3 point star?

The commission things is just a rumor, based on my understanding. If it is for real, that mean the SE who served you later is doing work for free, can't be lah. In the early days, I do came across SE asking me if I have been served by his colleague before proceeding with my S&P documentation but none in my last few purchases.

May be I am the odd ball here, but I would visit the showroom more than once before test driving and booking my car. 1st trip is normally just to check out the car and price, no test drive. I will just walk into the showroom and telling whoever SE that was assigned or came forward to me that I am just taking a look at the car (and that they can go ahead to serve other customer). And this is when I can have a quiet time to explore the car features, take different seats in the car, open the bonnet, boot, etc. etc.

And this is also the same time I keep a lookout for the SE attitude. If he/she is still around (and not disturbing me), I will then ask a few questions, e.g. engine spec, platform, country of origin, OMV, etc. to test his/her product knowledge, and if the SE is since enough (no pushy), I will then share more of what I am looking for (product requirement and budget), and this is the acid test. If the SE proceed to share more about the car with reference to the requirement I have listed, I know he/she is listening to me, and best he/she said we can talk about the price later (instead of telling me my budget is not realistic and start showing me black face).

In the event that there are no SEs around me, I will go round the showroom and observe how those SEs serving others behave. And again, if I am interested in the model I am viewing, that is when I will approach the SE who met my requirement (product knowledge and sincerity) to share more about the model with me... 2nd trip would be a test drive with family. 

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

why bother about who get the comms, just change SE and buy from another SE if the current one sucks, how they split is their problem. If you want to avoid that guy getting your comms, got buy another brand😀 . I mean, if not Mercedes, buy MMW, if not BMW, then buy Mercedes lah. 😀

I for one would not want an underperformed SE to share the commission with the other one who served me well. And I buy car which I like, not SE I like or dislike leh... :D:D

4 hours ago, Knighthunter said:

@Tianmo If not happy with the SE just go to counter and ask to change the SE. Sometime need to let them know if you can’t agree or not convince with SE. At the end usually dealer wants to sell the car not to protect SE rice bowl.

While I may not like a particular SE, I would try my best not to break their rice bowl unless he/she really did something offensive (e.g. making sarcastic remarks, exhibiting undue / rude behavior to me and my family, etc.)

4 hours ago, Kopites said:

Can choose.

Just politely wave the "undesirable" off telling them not going to do any test drive this trip. After coffee tiam session than I U turn back again.

The issue is you aren't using the correct head to think.

"Sir can I book you a test drive". 😄 You sure nod nod with saliva drooling. Hahaha

No lah, @Tianmo where got so tiko? It is the mask ok... :D:D

1_1024.jpg

584_2020060883159277.jpg

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Yes. There is for some AD. If you anyhow change SE they might blacklist you for many months. They can also choose their customers. It is only fair. I think as long as your name is not tag to an SE in their system you may be able to do what you want. So dont give your full name first. Hahaha...

What I heard from my friend who used to be a car SE is that they have a queue system. Whoever walks in they have to take whether the customer is a potential one or a waste time one. So it is just as unpredictable for you and for them.

For me, communication goes both ways. If your attitude is friendly of course likely ppl will react the same for you but you kake one LJ been and act like a bigfxxk, then ppl will likely boh hiu you. Whatever you try to ask he/she will say dunno.

Of course if you want vip treatment all you have to do is walk into the showroom and say, "limpeh wants to buy that one in red, I PAY CASH!". LoL...

Take loan customer more attractive for SE and car dealer because They earn more 🤣🤣 not pay cash customers leh!

if show off use physical cash! Then SE will report to MAS for money laundering 😂😂😂

Twincharged
11 hours ago, Tianmo said:

one question.

If I test drove with one SE and I dont want to buy from him, how long must I wait before I can buy from someone else from the same AD?

I remember it was like 3 months or is it 6 months? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Bad question to ask when my SE waited for over 2 years for a sale from me.

But why don't you want to buy from that SE?

Twincharged
42 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Not really.  Just politely insist on being left alone.  Should be ok.  But then I sometimes go to ADs when I am nearby for their biscuits and coffee so maybe they recognise me so it works for me :D

and if you want to be left alone, a trick is to get the  name of one SE.  Get one name of someone based in Ubi then go to Alexandra branch.  Then say you belong to that SE.  Should be safe.

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

You only hand over your id for test drive. Only at that point you are tag with that SE. 

• Praise 2

Twincharged
14 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Worst is some big conti Brand’s u buy Liao u tag to the SE for life. That’s even worst

and the funny thing is, the conti brand that has this rule is not vbobo 😂 

Hypersonic

Must go show room look look see see the most chio bu SE with the biggest accessories and then approach her to test drive and then stuck with her forever.

:D

• Haha! 5

This bidding round is fraught with uncertainty on extend of next Covid wave.  Likely to be slightly muted and cautious.  Slight dip can be expected.

12 hours ago, mikk123 said:

up up up and away....

U v long winded le

i normally call the boss or MD

end story😂😂

Twincharged
20 minutes ago, Bensky said:

This bidding round is fraught with uncertainty on extend of next Covid wave.  Likely to be slightly muted and cautious.  Slight dip can be expected.

Why so? 

Supercharged
15 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Why so? 

I believe he is talking about the recent cases in TTSH, ICA..... but i think calling it a "wave" is a bit rich. And in any case even during last year peak of COVID also didn't really stop people from buying. So why would the current cases make it any different.

Having said that i can't see another big jump happening. In fact a small correction might be in store. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1