Jump to content
dudez7

MY/SG Boleh: 95% of cloned cars here are brought in from Singapore

Recommended Posts

3rd Gear (edited)

😁 https://paultan.org/2021/05/03/95-of-cloned-cars-in-malaysia-are-brought-in-from-singapore/

 

Quote

 

The Road Transport Department (JPJ) has revealed that 95% of cloned cars detected through operations in Malaysia were smuggled in from Singapore, with most of them being designated scrap cars having lapsed their certificate of entitlement (COE).

In Singapore, cars have a lifespan of 10 years, after which they are considered unsafe or unfit to be driven in the republic. While owners have the option to renew the COE, it can often be costly and most prefer to deregister their vehicles instead.

“When that period is reached, all vehicles have to be disposed of. What they [syndicate] do is either bring in the vehicles into the country [Malaysia] first before finding a buyer, or find a buyer beforehand,” said the director of JPJ Selangor, Nazli Md Taib, in a report by Sinar Harian.

“This syndicate certainly has a network there [Singapore]. They have people over there as well as here. If not, they are not able to bring in cars from Singapore or even Thailand. These syndicates will then take photos of the cloned cars for the purpose of finding buyers,” he added.

Cloned-cars-1-630x311.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by dudez7
↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear

Clone what? Pass off as a MY-registered car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

They better substantiate those statements with evidence.

Or else we Pofma them terok terok.

  • Haha! 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear
1 hour ago, Kklim said:

Clone what? Pass off as a MY-registered car?

I think its they bring in Sg car, find a correctly registered car of same make and colour, then simply stick on the My number plate so it is a "clone" of original My plate.

Basically cause trouble for original owner since all the speeding tickets and parking fine will kena to owner and only way to check its not true is the chassis number

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

Maybe bolehland should make use of BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY to track the authenticity of the cars.

But how to go about doing that???

I also don't know. I only know how to use BIG words 

  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

They better substantiate those statements with evidence.

Or else we Pofma them terok terok.

Um. Sometimes a weapon can be magical. 

When hammering someone local, it can be like this:

29.jpg.6e2cb1719609370b626d84477a0a7a40.jpg

But when hammering someone overseas, it can transform into this:

7cd187de2f50af56215314aa5edc7169.thumb.jpeg.c3030a3578faa1085104cb2b3829ddb2.jpeg

Truly magical. 😁

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear

how to work it?

deregister car in singapore need to show sent for scrap?

unless scrap yard play cheat and issue scrap certificate without the car being scrapped?

no scrap certificate then no parf rebate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
Just now, Mooose said:

how to work it?

deregister car in singapore need to show sent for scrap?

unless scrap yard play cheat and issue scrap certificate without the car being scrapped?

no scrap certificate then no parf rebate?

Export also can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Export also can.

then will need export certificate?

can get export certificate by just driving across causeway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
21 minutes ago, Mooose said:

then will need export certificate?

can get export certificate by just driving across causeway?

How do you know it was driven across the causeway?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear
42 minutes ago, Mooose said:

how to work it?

deregister car in singapore need to show sent for scrap?

unless scrap yard play cheat and issue scrap certificate without the car being scrapped?

no scrap certificate then no parf rebate?

What the official complain about in OP is that at some point cars disappear from the export process... thats why he is sure someone in Singapore also have to be assisting

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

How do you know it was driven across the causeway?

 

haha i mean if not then driven across tuas second link? 

the cars are supposedly in malaysia under cloned identities ..

unless they are exported by ship to malaysia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
1 minute ago, yishunite said:

What the official complain about in OP is that at some point cars disappear from the export process... thats why he is sure someone in Singapore also have to be assisting

thanks for clarifying .. ok so the cars were supposed to be exported but were actually disappearing to malaysia ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
31 minutes ago, Mooose said:

thanks for clarifying .. ok so the cars were supposed to be exported but were actually disappearing to malaysia ..

I doubt LTA physically check at the port if the cars are actually sent off. Probably scrap yard show 'paper' can liao. No $$ to be made there n not their problem where the scrap car goes as long as it leaves Sg. Focus on collecting COE $$ better

Meanwhile, these 'scrapped cars' just get driven across

  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Albeniz said:

They better substantiate those statements with evidence.

Or else we Pofma them terok terok.

Lets know where we stand. Else they park another cheap sampang boat at the coastway , we loose some more water way.

Time for us to play and live and talk things out and not profma here and there.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
47 minutes ago, Soya said:

I doubt LTA physically check at the port if the cars are actually sent off. Probably scrap yard show 'paper' can liao. No $$ to be made there n not their problem where the scrap car goes as long as it leaves Sg. Focus on collecting COE $$ better

Meanwhile, these 'scrapped cars' just get driven across

If write off accident cars are reincarnated and sold as accident free, i doubt LTA with little or no resources going to police this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
28 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

If write off accident cars are reincarnated and sold as accident free, i doubt LTA with little or no resources going to police this.

 

i'm sure many of the old civics are also not the original bodies, they were first registered as.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged

We know how lax the autority there can be, that allows the local to do a lot of creative deals.  Cars from singapore is facts, these are legitimate derogestered car and are being exported , but it is up the the local buyers to decide what to do with them. They can scrap them, reexport  them  or just hang a license plate to allow a car to go on the road again. 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×