MY/SG Boleh: 95% of cloned cars here are brought in from Singapore

dudez7

(edited)

😁 https://paultan.org/2021/05/03/95-of-cloned-cars-in-malaysia-are-brought-in-from-singapore/

The Road Transport Department (JPJ) has revealed that 95% of cloned cars detected through operations in Malaysia were smuggled in from Singapore, with most of them being designated scrap cars having lapsed their certificate of entitlement (COE).

In Singapore, cars have a lifespan of 10 years, after which they are considered unsafe or unfit to be driven in the republic. While owners have the option to renew the COE, it can often be costly and most prefer to deregister their vehicles instead.

“When that period is reached, all vehicles have to be disposed of. What they [syndicate] do is either bring in the vehicles into the country [Malaysia] first before finding a buyer, or find a buyer beforehand,” said the director of JPJ Selangor, Nazli Md Taib, in a report by Sinar Harian.

“This syndicate certainly has a network there [Singapore]. They have people over there as well as here. If not, they are not able to bring in cars from Singapore or even Thailand. These syndicates will then take photos of the cloned cars for the purpose of finding buyers,” he added.

Cloned-cars-1-630x311.jpg

Edited by dudez7
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

They better substantiate those statements with evidence.

Or else we Pofma them terok terok.

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Kklim said:

Clone what? Pass off as a MY-registered car?

I think its they bring in Sg car, find a correctly registered car of same make and colour, then simply stick on the My number plate so it is a "clone" of original My plate.

Basically cause trouble for original owner since all the speeding tickets and parking fine will kena to owner and only way to check its not true is the chassis number

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Maybe bolehland should make use of BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY to track the authenticity of the cars.

But how to go about doing that???

I also don't know. I only know how to use BIG words 

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

Um. Sometimes a weapon can be magical. 

When hammering someone local, it can be like this:

29.jpg.6e2cb1719609370b626d84477a0a7a40.jpg

But when hammering someone overseas, it can transform into this:

7cd187de2f50af56215314aa5edc7169.thumb.jpeg.c3030a3578faa1085104cb2b3829ddb2.jpeg

Truly magical. 😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 10

how to work it?

deregister car in singapore need to show sent for scrap?

unless scrap yard play cheat and issue scrap certificate without the car being scrapped?

no scrap certificate then no parf rebate?

Just now, Mooose said:

how to work it?

unless scrap yard play cheat and issue scrap certificate without the car being scrapped?

Export also can.

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Export also can.

then will need export certificate?

can get export certificate by just driving across causeway?

21 minutes ago, Mooose said:

then will need export certificate?

can get export certificate by just driving across causeway?

How do you know it was driven across the causeway?

Turbocharged
42 minutes ago, Mooose said:

how to work it?

What the official complain about in OP is that at some point cars disappear from the export process... thats why he is sure someone in Singapore also have to be assisting

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

How do you know it was driven across the causeway?

haha i mean if not then driven across tuas second link? 

the cars are supposedly in malaysia under cloned identities ..

unless they are exported by ship to malaysia?

1 minute ago, yishunite said:

What the official complain about in OP is that at some point cars disappear from the export process... thats why he is sure someone in Singapore also have to be assisting

thanks for clarifying .. ok so the cars were supposed to be exported but were actually disappearing to malaysia ..

Supersonic
31 minutes ago, Mooose said:

thanks for clarifying .. ok so the cars were supposed to be exported but were actually disappearing to malaysia ..

I doubt LTA physically check at the port if the cars are actually sent off. Probably scrap yard show 'paper' can liao. No $$ to be made there n not their problem where the scrap car goes as long as it leaves Sg. Focus on collecting COE $$ better

Meanwhile, these 'scrapped cars' just get driven across

• Praise 4

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Lets know where we stand. Else they park another cheap sampang boat at the coastway , we loose some more water way.

Time for us to play and live and talk things out and not profma here and there.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
47 minutes ago, Soya said:

I doubt LTA physically check at the port if the cars are actually sent off. Probably scrap yard show 'paper' can liao. No $$ to be made there n not their problem where the scrap car goes as long as it leaves Sg. Focus on collecting COE $$ better

Meanwhile, these 'scrapped cars' just get driven across

If write off accident cars are reincarnated and sold as accident free, i doubt LTA with little or no resources going to police this.

Twincharged
28 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

If write off accident cars are reincarnated and sold as accident free, i doubt LTA with little or no resources going to police this.

i'm sure many of the old civics are also not the original bodies, they were first registered as.

Supersonic

We know how lax the autority there can be, that allows the local to do a lot of creative deals.  Cars from singapore is facts, these are legitimate derogestered car and are being exported , but it is up the the local buyers to decide what to do with them. They can scrap them, reexport  them  or just hang a license plate to allow a car to go on the road again. 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1