MY/SG Boleh: 95% of cloned cars here are brought in from Singapore

dudez7

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

If write off accident cars are reincarnated and sold as accident free, i doubt LTA with little or no resources going to police this.

Dun say accident write offs......even tampered odo sibei rampant in sg they also can act blur

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Automotive industry in Singapore are filled with shady characters for as long as I can remember. Nothing new. 

• Praise 4

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Soya said:

Dun say accident write offs......even tampered odo sibei rampant in sg they also can act blur

I believe those that were sued in court, they won the case.

just that it’s a daunting task. For accident write off it’s a risk to life as the repair may be nothing more than a idiot putting cable tie to the train track to save cost situations if you know what mean 😢 

9 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

SG stolen cars in MY just say is SG stolen cars in MY lah....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

SG stolen cars usually end up in PSA port.  After that, don't know where liao

😂

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

SG stolen cars usually end up in PSA port.  After that, don't know where liao

😂

I think he meant SG cars that were stolen while in Msia not in SG

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, dudez7 said:

I thought this was an open secret?

SG dereg cars brought to Msia to be sold/used as clone cars

cars that were stolen in Msia (local or fm SG) are sent to Thai to be sold or stripped locally n sold for parts. Some may become cloned cars.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

I think he meant SG cars that were stolen while in Msia not in SG

I know.  Usually, these cars will be driven straight to PSA port and never see it again.

It is easier to drive Sg car into Sg.

Dunno why the article is written until it seems like it is Singapore's fault that they have cloned cars in Malaysia. 

But it is not as though there is no number plate cloning in Singapore, I remember two cases:

On both sides of the border, the solution should be something like what other first world countries like the US, EU, UK, Japan, Australia and New Zealand do - all number plates are issued by the vehicle registration authorities, and not up to some two-bit company in one of the back lanes of Taman Sentosa or Sin Ming to do as they like.

Can you imagine the trouble you would have, if your number plate was duplicated by someone else driving the same car as you and committing offences for which you now have the burden to prove your innocence for simply existing? 

LTA should spend more time on this than their next-generation ERP bovine excrement. 

• Praise 3

18 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Dunno why the article is written until it seems like it is Singapore's fault that they have cloned cars in Malaysia. 

But it is not as though there is no number plate cloning in Singapore, I remember two cases:

On both sides of the border, the solution should be something like what other first world countries like the US, EU, UK, Japan, Australia and New Zealand do - all number plates are issued by the vehicle registration authorities, and not up to some two-bit company in one of the back lanes of Taman Sentosa or Sin Ming to do as they like.

Can you imagine the trouble you would have, if your number plate was duplicated by someone else driving the same car as you and committing offences for which you now have the burden to prove your innocence for simply existing? 

LTA should spend more time on this than their next-generation ERP bovine excrement. 

F4B7B97C-BC6A-4DC4-A801-BA0F74106B68.jpeg

Twincharged

To know if is it a S'pore Car.?Very Easy,The IU even you peel off,sure will have the Double Sided Tape Marking...

Turbocharged
17 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

To know if is it a S'pore Car.?Very Easy,The IU even you peel off,sure will have the Double Sided Tape Marking...

to do a proper job change wind screen! 🤣

• Haha! 1