US & Canada Hyundai recalls over 390K vehicles for possible engine fires

DOBIEMKZ

You can always check it yourself whether the brake fluid container is positioned over the ABS system and module. And check the container frequently for leaks....if any. I think it is pretty straight forward and easy.

As for the KIA piston rings...that is something you can only find out when there is an engine failure? Wow, can lead to engine fire?

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

In US and Canada la dont anyhow scare ppl in SG leh all the new Avante owners may pee in pants when read your topic title.

Opp.. I thought it's a worldwide recall program so CNA reports it.

Planning to buy a Kona by the way. Nice car. :)

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Cars are manufactured in many different production plants in many different countries. Hyundai vehicles in USA/Canada are manufactured domestically. Hyundai cars in Singapore are mostly from Korea (unless it’s the i30 or N series made in Czech Republic).

So this major US/Canada recall doesn’t really affect owners here. 

Hyundai in SG also kanna this. Some cars have started to have the parts replaced already. Komoco was slow in informing owners. Motorist app has it already, but komoco hasn't contacted owners yet...

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Opp.. I thought it's a worldwide recall program so CNA reports it.

Planning to buy a Kona by the way. Nice car. 🙂

Worldwide yes, but the condition is the car to be recalled should house their 2.0L engines.

The Hyundai plant in the US, I think Alabama, is quite famous for getting recalls due to stupid things... the most famous one being having metal shavings in the engine combustion chamber leading to potential engine fires... most of the recalls seem to centre around the US population of Hyundai vehicles... I seldom see massive recalls like that for the Korean domestic market... nor in UK or Australia it seems... neither for Singapore... it's perhaps symptomatic of the malaise in the US we see now...

↡ Advertisement