How To Make Old Car Looks Like New Car?

DOBIEMKZ

Turbocharged

Seeking suggestions on how to make a 12-year car looks like maybe a 1 or 2-year car. 

Not too expensive please.

↡ Advertisement

Other than repainting, polish/replace the headlights and other lights.  Clean/polish the rims as well and use copper metal brush to clean the brake calipers. Can also spray the brake calipers with a high temperature spray paint. I used normal acrylic spray paint, and it works as well.

Interior replace the upholstery and roof lining. The rest like dash will be too expensive to replace, so just clean and protect with appropriate products. 

And after all that, avoid parking under the sun. 

• Praise 7

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Other than repainting, polish/replace the headlights and other lights.  Clean/polish the rims as well and use copper metal brush to clean the brake calipers. Can also spray the brake calipers with a high temperature spray paint. I used normal acrylic spray paint, and it works as well.

Interior replace the upholstery and roof lining. The rest like dash will be too expensive to replace, so just clean and protect with appropriate products. 

And after all that, avoid parking under the sun. 

I read in somewhere that changing to a fresh new set of rims and tyres can uplift the old car appearance.

So is it better to change to new rims and tyres than to polish or respray old ones?

Supersonic

Respray, new rims, new set of lights will make the car looks newer. What car is TS driving ? 

Turbocharged
(edited)

A new coat of paint, 1 full set of seat cover from Lazada and 5 pieces of new carpet from Shopee.

Should have a new car feeling as all exposed old parts have been well- hidden.

Should be able to get them done below $2k.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Seeking suggestions on how to make a 12-year car looks like maybe a 1 or 2-year car. 

Not too expensive please.

What specific car is that?
From there, we can counsel you more professionally..

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Freeder said:

What specific car is that?
From there, we can counsel you more professionally..

vintage countach can have aventador looks ?[drivingcar]

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Respray, new rims, new set of lights will make the car looks newer. What car is TS driving ? 

Nissan Latio.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)
5 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Nissan Latio.

My take is,   it is a practical family car  , just leave it as it is , enjoy the ride and the convenience of owning the car, dont waste your money unnecessarily. 😀

My car 12 year old, it still looks new in my heart. 😅

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 13
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
20 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

My take is,   it is a practical family car  , just leave it as it is , enjoy the ride and the convenience of owning the car, dont waste your money unnecessarily. 😀

The wise gentleman has spoken.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

For cars of this age, it is important to check the whole brake system and make sure the brakes are in perfect condition (e.g. without leakages, especially near the disc or drum contact area) and is able to pass the VICOM brake test without any issues.

Once that has been established, then I would proceed with the cosmetic upgrades.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Buy a new car afix with old number plate .... [sly]

Best those E series or SBA series registration number.  [thumbsup]

See old number but car very new ... [drivingcar]

:XD::XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Nissan Latio.

Hmmmm..

Can use as over-trade for new car after 1-2 yrs of driving...

So dun waste your money on those Wu ah bo things..

Maintain the engine and aircon in tip top condition will be your main priority..

Pls send your car for a full aircon service inclusive of Blower hor..

My humble cost saving Suggestion...

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Agreed - it's a rabbit hole if you keep chasing for that "new look"...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Actually why I thought of spicing up the car a bit is because I am thinking of passing it to my daughter to drive maybe say a year later after she can get her driving license so that it won't look too shabby. And a coe car with something like couple of years of remainder life should be okay as a probationary car i think.🙄

Meanwhile also looking for a new family car. New in the sense that it may not be brand new but still has several years remainder of first coe...

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Actually why I thought of spicing up the car a bit is because I am thinking of passing it to my daughter to drive maybe say a year later after she can get her driving license so that it won't look too shabby. And a coe car with something like couple of years of remainder life should be okay as a probationary car i think.🙄

Meanwhile also looking for a new family car. New in the sense that it may not be brand new but still has several years remainder of first coe...

What’s your budget like?

Pls emphasize on the 重点 so that sexperts here can give you quick one two free advice..

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1