How To Make Old Car Looks Like New Car?

DOBIEMKZ

2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Thank you all for your valuable advice and suggestions.

Those engine mounts and front suspension I had changed after when I bought it because although their conditions were passable they were near wearing out so I changed them. 

I think I shall clean and tidy up the interior first and foremost and that's where driver and pax spend time in. 

Also as there's saying from some unknown guru: the exterior of a car doesn't really belong to you. Whatever that means.🙄

So I shall proceed to do a interior fumigation first to flush out whatever bugs, pests and rodents that may be hidding inside. LOL.

Good luck with the fumigation. I did that at like $180 per session until I got fed up and went to purchase my own fumigation bombs to do the fumigation myself... Cost less than $20 for the fumigation bombs... 

↡ Advertisement

I agree with many suggestions here on prioritizing interior refurbishing and checking engine/brakes as those are definitely more important

after that, if you're not keen on the exterior repainting, I would personally add a few simple but stylish bodykits if you really want to make the car look "different". I know side skirts and a small bumper lip have quite a huge visual impact to the car (no huge wings unless it's what your daughter wants lol)

it won't necessarily look new 1-2 yr old car, but at least it won't be the same car you and your daughter have seen for the past 5 years. the mindset change starts the moment you look at the car i feel, so exterior plays a part as well

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Ishiwgao said:

I agree with many suggestions here on prioritizing interior refurbishing and checking engine/brakes as those are definitely more important

after that, if you're not keen on the exterior repainting, I would personally add a few simple but stylish bodykits if you really want to make the car look "different". I know side skirts and a small bumper lip have quite a huge visual impact to the car (no huge wings unless it's what your daughter wants lol)

it won't necessarily look new 1-2 yr old car, but at least it won't be the same car you and your daughter have seen for the past 5 years. the mindset change starts the moment you look at the car i feel, so exterior plays a part as well

Yes.  Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Bodykits not too loud one will be fine, and googled that the costs are very very reasonable, whether new or dismantled from scrapped cars ones. 

Engine and brake parts or other mechanical/structural issues I think they are fine as every year have to go STA or Vicom for inspection.

I think I may change the tires and rims because the tyres have been running for several years already and the tyres look haggard.

Turbocharged
15 hours ago, Comage said:

Good luck with the fumigation. I did that at like $180 per session until I got fed up and went to purchase my own fumigation bombs to do the fumigation myself... Cost less than $20 for the fumigation bombs... 

https://ezbuy.sg/product/466746506.html?skuid=466746508&language=en

Won't such thing cause alarm and activate fire engine...??

• Haha! 1

@DOBIEMKZ I did it in my own car at a desolate spot. With doors all closed, obviously no smoke gets out. 

Then sit there wait for 2 hours for the smoke to dissipate... And to prevent any "concerned citizen" from calling police or SCDF... 

Supersonic
41 minutes ago, Comage said:

@DOBIEMKZ I did it in my own car at a desolate spot. With doors all closed, obviously no smoke gets out. 

Then sit there wait for 2 hours for the smoke to dissipate... And to prevent any "concerned citizen" from calling police or SCDF... 

How much work is the aftermath  cleaning? If nothing much to clean up, why not  just initialize  it and let the car dorr closed overnight? 

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

How much work is the aftermath  cleaning? If nothing much to clean up, why not  just initialize  it and let the car dorr closed overnight? 

Complete wipe down of all surfaces with a cleaning solution... Probably took me an hour afterwards. All surfaces will be coated with an oily residue from the pesticide. 

You don't want any loose items like child seats to be there when you set it off. 

Sure you can leave it overnight, but if some random person walks by and panics and calls the authorities thinking your car's on fire because it's filled with smoke.... Nah I don't need to deal with that. 

Edited by Comage
  • Praise 2

On 5/7/2021 at 10:14 AM, Ishiwgao said:

Please, no bodykits on a Nissan sedan... it will "uglify" the car :D

• Praise 1

My vehicle also about same age.

Couple of weeks back I am also thinking of refurbishing the car.

Gave a serious thought on it and forget it! Don't waste money on this kind of thing for an old and 'non' special car

Keep the money for future repairs and/or overhaul 

• Praise 1

I suggest to save the money for mechanical or repair costs.

In my opinion, unfortunately Nissan Latio does not have a timeless design and you will be unable to make it look like a 1-2 year old car.

If you really have to - Respray car, change headlamp covers, change rim & tires, change upholstery, change new carpets, and clean up the interior plastic & cloth components.

Best of luck!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1