How to Deter Cockroaches from Entering Car?

DOBIEMKZ

Turbocharged

Many years ago I put pandan leaves in the car and boot. And only a few years ago that I came to know that's a bad move because friends said that although fresh pandan leaves deter cockroaches but once they dried up they attract cockroaches as they become food for the cockroaches.

Then I used those cockroach poison food baits but after some time I stopped because I didn't know whether the cockroaches went to die inside my car.

And then I used those cockroach sticky trap boxes in which when cockroaches went in for the bait in the centre of the box they got kena glued and immobilised and so left to die.

But is there something that can deter or disuade cockroaches from entering car in the first place?

Something with such power such that cockroaches will always avode the car?

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Many years ago I put pandan leaves in the car and boot. And only a few years ago that I came to know that's a bad move because friends said that although fresh pandan leaves deter cockroaches but once they dried up they attract cockroaches as they become food for the cockroaches.

Then I used those cockroach poison food baits but after some time I stopped because I didn't know whether the cockroaches went to die inside my car.

And then I used those cockroach sticky trap boxes in which when cockroaches went in for the bait in the centre of the box they got kena glued and immobilised and so left to die.

But is there something that can deter or disuade cockroaches from entering car in the first place?

I think not eating in the car and not buying cooked food goes a long way.

If really need to buy cooked food, get a good cooler box to place the cooked food inside. Not just any cooler box, but those leak proof ones. FYI, Coleman is not leak proof. 

And when parking at HDB open car park, don't park at the back of the blocks where the rubbish chutes are.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Have any folks here sent your car to specialized shops to do deep car internal cleaning and fumigation (don't know if this is the right word for insect removal in cars).

How much and how was your experience?

Put some fresh pandan leaves should get rid of existing cockroaches, but if they already made a nest with eggs inside your car, then be prepared for a few rounds. Also, you can do misting of the whole car that will get rid of them.

Internal Moderator

I think you can only minimise the chance of have cockroach inside your car, but you cannot eliminate them. They have been staying in mother earth longer than we are. So It is hard to avoid them one. Here are some of my prevention tips.

- No eating at all.

-Vacuum your interior weekly

- If possible, park at multistory car park (the higher the better0

- Put dehumidifier inisde your car.

- Throw away all your rubbish inside your car.

- Add a additional layer of rubber seal on your car door. (It improves sound dampening also)

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Icetee168 said:

i use moth balls

but as calvin8808 said: "no eating in car is a must"

Fumes from moth ball is very toxic. I suggest you stop using.

Supersonic
15 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think you can only minimise the chance of have cockroach inside your car, but you cannot eliminate them. They have been staying in mother earth longer than we are. So It is hard to avoid them one. Here are some of my prevention tips.

- No eating at all.

-Vacuum your interior weekly

- If possible, park at multistory car park (the higher the better0

- Put dehumidifier inisde your car.

- Throw away all your rubbish inside your car.

- Add a additional layer of rubber seal on your car door. (It improves sound dampening also)

Even you have done all these prevention tips but still might find one or two roaches inside your car de, i also dont know why. Lol.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Cummon guys, get these stickers on every openings into your car. Guarantee to work.  😁

no-cockroaches-sign-vector-3313842.jpg

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Even you have done all these prevention tips but still might find one or two roaches inside your car de, i also dont know why. Lol.

Yah. You can prevent but you cannot avoid one. hahhaa.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

That's odd, I never had a problem with dried pandan leaves, it's still the most effective against roaches.

I personally love the smell too :grin:

Hypersonic
11 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

To get rid of pests, Yiu need to go hardcore mode

Choose one super hot day. Early in the morning drive to top floor of carpark

take out all the carpet and barang baring

Get those pump and spray flower one. Inside put 50% Dettol 50% water 

spray on the floor carpet

if your car seat like mine is clothe one also spray

Wind up all the window for max effect

one day cannot use car. Next morning wind down the window then can use liao

no hardcore cannot get rid of these jokers one 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Silverkris said:

Put some fresh pandan leaves should get rid of existing cockroaches, but if they already made a nest with eggs inside your car, then be prepared for a few rounds. Also, you can do misting of the whole car that will get rid of them.

Misting as in putting the fumigation smoke grenade as suggested by Beanoyip?

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

And those cockroaches that I found inside cars are small ones and and not the size like those in kitchens or rubbish dump areas etc.

I think it is because of their small sizes that such cockroaches managed to enter the car somehow, somewhere, sometime.

Unless there is a queen cockroach inside the car and those small ones are the offsprings.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
7 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

That fumigation tub advertised to treat 440 Sqm space wor.....That's like combined interior space of 9 tour buses.

12 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

There are car polishing shops that provide this service as well. Yah it is about fumigation.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1