Front Line Medical Staff

Krieger

19 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

If any nurses need massage I got special price for them.

:D

image.png.1a552660a5eba93b2a8fb2f07ce224e2.png

james james james .. for goodness sake .. please do more for our awesome hcws please .. 

gosh, what special price .. you should be rushing to do them for free 😁😁

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 5/6/2021 at 9:59 AM, Krieger said:

Today I encountered a very disgusting incident which left me fuming till now. 

I was on my way to buy a cup of soil bean drink when I met a well groomed lady with her daughter.

As her daughter walked towards a nurse her mum shouted at her to move away. Once the nurse walked past them, I heard the mum told her not to walk so close to nurses as they might be covid infected. 

I was so angry that I actually told her straight in the face that such perception is wrong and when sick people need the nurses they are heroes/heroines. But when they are reported as the source of this round of covid infection. they became the villains'??

I expected better common sense with people like her, who is well groomed and speak good English. I am wrong.

I sincerely hope people can have better understanding of what the guys in the front line is facing, not just nurses but border securities etc. 

A sad day indeed. 

Best Regards

Thanks for highlighting this. I saw a news also mentioning about your experience above :

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/theyre-not-fault-netizens-defend-healthcare-workers-after-some-blame-them-covid-19

This is really sad. This is the time for solidarity, compassion and empathy to everyone who were impacted at TTSH and blaming should never be part of this. 

I get even more annoyed (umbrage?) at Landlords who refused front line tenants. My very own new tenants are medical front-liners and I actually lowered my asking rent as a way to show my appreciation for their sacrifices. I also paid extras to do up my unit nicely so that they get a nice looking home when they move- in.

Let's be more considerate over their feelings.  They are also human beings who are just trying to make a living.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 6

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Why need to ask BB?

Ah Kee himself can tell us if anyone siam him

in his nurse outfit.

Why need to ask other people?

image.png.ffeb877eb77c428604aa418333602c34.png

Ppl avoid me is ok.  Ppl avoid @BabyBlade is really wlwlsmdwl

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 5/6/2021 at 9:59 AM, Krieger said:

Today I encountered a very disgusting incident which left me fuming till now. 

I was on my way to buy a cup of soil bean drink when I met a well groomed lady with her daughter.

As her daughter walked towards a nurse her mum shouted at her to move away. Once the nurse walked past them, I heard the mum told her not to walk so close to nurses as they might be covid infected. 

I was so angry that I actually told her straight in the face that such perception is wrong and when sick people need the nurses they are heroes/heroines. But when they are reported as the source of this round of covid infection. they became the villains'??

I expected better common sense with people like her, who is well groomed and speak good English. I am wrong.

I sincerely hope people can have better understanding of what the guys in the front line is facing, not just nurses but border securities etc. 

A sad day indeed. 

Best Regards

@Krieger 

You are right to be upset.

Sometimes I asked if we are over reacting.

Most medical staff do not changed their working uniform when they leave their station to buy something or have a meal except for those working in OT.

In ICU, they probably gown up over their uniform.

For the rest (eg working in wards) often, the uniform they have on is the same uniform that they many have direct contact with patients whether infected or not infected.

Sometimes the action is not directed to the person but something they have on or doing.

Eg Wouldn't you walked farther away from someone using a knife when the person may be chopping raw pork for many decades.

But on the other hand, when public abuse and shout at medical staff to keep away eg in public transport, that is absolutely not right.

Turbocharged
(edited)

The reason for uniforms, the why is to standardized the clothes of the help. There is the master and mistress of the boarding house and there is the help. Uniforms remind the help that they are help. And help as they should to their abilities.

please note that the in charge people wear normal clothes.  The head disappears from outstanding to nondescript in a uniform.

the hygiene of the uniform is for the pork as you kindly described. It also ascribes the work function and abilities of the staff at a glance ( headress as well, Koff koff ) Med students are easily distinguishable up till senior resident/registrar by the clothes they wear. As well as the blur sotong look.
unless there is a regimental discipline ascribed to uniforms, I would it difficult to police the hygiene and potential reactions.

the Tool used to distinguish use is a potential liability to be exploited by ignorance or wilful political use....

the next thang would be the shoes...

why Is it that people always forget about the shoes?

Those touching the floor would be the dirtiest of all would you not think it?

Edited by Datsun366

Once i saw a female medical staff leave the taxi with her medical uniform on, something like an attire worn by an aesthetic or someone working in an emergency front line, sorry Im not familiar with hospital staff uniform,, like without collar type.'

Imagine she bring home her germs/ disease from the hospital or her place of work, rather unhygienic isn't she . . . correct me if I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

Once i saw a female medical staff leave the taxi with her medical uniform on, something like an attire worn by an aesthetic or someone working in an emergency front line, sorry Im not familiar with hospital staff uniform,, like without collar type.'

Imagine she bring home her germs/ disease from the hospital or her place of work, rather unhygienic isn't she . . . correct me if I'm wrong.

maybe she was just someone doing facial in beauty centre [laugh]

↡ Advertisement