SPH to Restructure Media Business into Not-for-Profit Entity

Carbon82

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

The next company he is posted to become CEO can standby liao.... 

He screwed one in the sea,  screwing one on land,  time to screw one in the air,  then can complete his title of Ex-CDF.... 

SIA can standby... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I know where he can go. PA 😄

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Would cotton chan say don't siah suay alma mater...arty...saf...then...?😁

The 2 already face off liao... :D

NYC.jpg

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 12

Twincharged
26 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I know where he can go. PA 😄

Yeah. Was thinking the same. I wait for 2yr7mths. Then Maybe PA, no more Liao. 😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

What has been done cannot be undone.  Taking this as a learning experience,  what is the best PR approach to recover from this aftermath?

Any expert care to share?

On 5/6/2021 at 11:48 AM, Carbon82 said:

I am a little confused, isn't the entire SPH a media company (minus its property and healthcare arm)? So how does this whole restructuring works? [confused]

And most importantly, in what way will sgcarmart and MCF be affected? :excl: @kobayashiGT

SPH to restructure media business into not-for-profit entity to support quality journalism

ycsph050521.jpg

SINGAPORE - Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) intends to transfer its media business to a not-for-profit company after concluding a strategic review of its various businesses.

The restructuring entails transferring all the media-related businesses including relevant subsidiaries, employees, News Centre and Print Centre along with their respective leaseholds, all related intellectual property and information technology assets to a newly incorporated wholly-owned subsidiary, SPH Media Holdings Pte Ltd ("SPH Media").

Under the restructuring proposal, SPH Media will eventually be transferred to a not-for-profit entity for a nominal sum. This will be a newly formed public company limited by guarantee, or CLG. More information on the CLG will be announced in due course, said SPH in a press statement on Thursday.

Without media business, what does SPH stands for? Selling Properties and Hospitality? 

Let say one day BMW decided to disposed off their automotive units (including motorcycle devision), can they still be called 'Bavarian Motor Works'?

And thanks to the news, I learnt a new word today. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

What has been done cannot be undone.  Taking this as a learning experience,  what is the best PR approach to recover from this aftermath?

Any expert care to share?

No expert but can offer simple solutions. 1st step down and apologise. Go for training in a private company serving public to cleanse his army virus. 😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Tianmo said:

The next company he is posted to become CEO can standby liao.... 

He screwed one in the sea,  screwing one on land,  time to screw one in the air,  then can complete his title of Ex-CDF.... 

SIA can standby... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Maybe can join Bey Soo Khiang and Perry Lim at RGE? 

Imagine have 3 ex CDF working in one company. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

Whole day you hear,  "YES CHIEF"!!!

But don't know is which chief...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, SGCM928 said:

Without media business, what does SPH stands for? Selling Properties and Hospitality? 

Let say one day BMW decided to disposed off their automotive units (including motorcycle devision), can they still be called 'Bavarian Motor Works'?

And thanks to the news, I learnt a new word today. 

I went through the video,  if I  not wrong,  from what LBY said,  they are cutting out the whole media part,  including the name "SPH". 

The new entity which will focus on media only will take the name SPH. The listed company,  less the media section will take on a new name,  which has not been decided yet.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

Seems like only the late Ng jui ping was most respected. Never live on the state after he retired. 
winston Choo was an ambassador, Neo now with SMRT. Bey was with SIA for some time, Lim Chuan Poh now an ambassador. Perry Lim at MOE for 2years. 
https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2020/01/14/late-lg-ng-rejected-pm-lees-offer-to-live-off-govt-unlike-lgs-desmond-kuek-and-ng-yat-chung/

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I went through the video,  if I  not wrong,  from what LBY said,  they are cutting out the whole media part,  including the name "SPH". 

The new entity which will focus on media only will take the name SPH. The listed company,  less the media section will take on a new name,  which has not been decided yet.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

But they didn’t say where mr umbrage will go? 

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Such level of reporting... 

CEO really felt umbrage. 😅😅

Screenshot_20210508_155711.jpg

Typo, let's move on.😊

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

But they didn’t say where mr umbrage will go? 

Mr Umbrage will likely stay in the listco.

Anthony Tan likely appointed as CEO of NewMediaCo

↡ Advertisement