SPH to Restructure Media Business into Not-for-Profit Entity

Carbon82

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

HOW??

If I am not wrong,  COA and above are address as "Chief" instead of "Sir" most of the time.  So if you have 3 ex-CDF working together,  the culture will more likely be the same.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

But they didn’t say where mr umbrage will go? 

Nope.  Nobody asked,  and nobody say. 

Most questions were about B&B and ground issues,  nobody even interested in who will be leading the new entity... 

Twincharged
9 hours ago, Tianmo said:

The next company he is posted to become CEO can standby liao.... 

He screwed one in the sea,  screwing one on land,  time to screw one in the air,  then can complete his title of Ex-CDF.... 

SIA can standby... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Read on Facebook that someone would like for him to become CEO of Singapore Pools. 🤣

• Haha! 11

3 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Maybe can join Bey Soo Khiang and Perry Lim at RGE? 

Imagine have 3 ex CDF working in one company. 

All working for Indon cukung..... 😅

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
54 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Wait.... did Shan take umbrage with General Umbrage without showing umbrage???

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
53 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

When Shan said "Mr Ng's reply was unfortunate. "  I think he actually wanted to say " hey NG, KNN you f**k it up big time! " 

Towards the end he kept saying,  we want to be careful,  I want to be careful!!!  I think he trying to tell Mr Umbrage to be careful... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 5

Hypersonic
14 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Read on Facebook that someone would like for him to become CEO of Singapore Pools. 🤣

KNN, idea sia!!!!  [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

But they didn’t say where mr umbrage will go? 

Just remember,  where ever it is ... sell whatever shares you have there... then... short the fish out of it.

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

That's a very British,  understated way of saying someone fxxked up in how the question was answered... screwing him gently. 

But again,  avoided the golden question of who hold responsibility for the sorry state of SPH.

And the "advertiser" and journalistic independence.. surely he's not that dim to not notice it also means the govt. 

Twincharged
8 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Now not even enough to buy one plate chicken rice

TA-SPH-Historical-2020-04-06.jpg

This paper general never had any achievements on the battle fields..

But in terms of market value destroyed ... he surely committed financial war crimes already... 2 major companies KIA.

Hypersonic
(edited)

LHL to Umbrage:

Apologize you idiot!

https://mothership.sg/2021/05/sph-ceo-apologises/?fbclid=IwAR0ioi4GzkZB3s0n98pn1c8lpeXYJ5b91ryP7P-WDIirgDRocWlIlazOYGA

Speaking to the media on May 8, Shanmugam said that both the reporter and Mediacorp editor-in-chief Walter Fernandez knew that taking money from advertisers did not automatically compromise an outlet's independence.

"If that were so, most newspapers in the world would not be considered independent because most newspapers do, in fact, completely rely on advertisements," he continued.

However, he noted that the question was a fair one, since the journalists should naturally be concerned with editorial independence.

"Mr Ng's reaction, and the way he answered the question, I think was very unfortunate," the minister said.

"His outburst can be described in stronger terms, but I want to be careful and understated, because SPH is a listed company, with shareholders, management, and I need to be careful."

🤣🤣

Edited by Fcw75

(edited)
27 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

When Shan said "Mr Ng's reply was unfortunate. "  I think he actually wanted to say " hey NG, KNN you f**k it up big time! " 

Towards the end he kept saying,  we want to be careful,  I want to be careful!!!  I think he trying to tell Mr Umbrage to be careful... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Arrogance and Self-Delusion...a desire that something is true may lead one to decide that it is true, and to therefore pronounce it to be true....unfortunately.....Maybe arrogance and haughtiness are responses to protect one’s self-esteem, or maybe haughtiness is a way of dealing with inconvenient truths.. Maybe.

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

His outburst can be described in stronger terms, but I want to be careful and understated, because SPH is a listed company, with shareholders, management, and I need to be careful.

Sham sending signal 🤔🤔

Let's see if HC say any follow up.

Hypersonic

My humble suggestion to the Gov is to send this Bui Kia to INDIA & renegotiate the CECA treaty ..

This will be a heroic comeback for his unfortunate outburst..

And before he go, jab him with all the available vaccines and make sure no excuses or whatsoever UMBRAGES that may occur.....

• Haha! 9

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

If I am not wrong,  COA and above are address as "Chief" instead of "Sir" most of the time.  So if you have 3 ex-CDF working together,  the culture will more likely be the same.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yes sir yes sir, 3 bloody fools.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Whole day you hear,  "YES CHIEF"!!!

But don't know is which chief...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ng, Bey, Lim ah... 

2 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Responsible persons will know that what they say have repercussion and effects. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, yishunite said:

Wait.... did Shan take umbrage with General Umbrage without showing umbrage???

Maybe all these were staged? 

Then became salted fish.... 

Hung it and sun it.... 

Then all clap hand and say wow.....the fish lead the school to abyss......slaughtered that fish to make salted fish..... the system actually still works.... 🤔😅😅

Edited by Atonchia
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4