SPH to Restructure Media Business into Not-for-Profit Entity

Carbon82

Supersonic

SPH needs another urgent restructuring to replace their CEO.

20210509_145325.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

If he had managed to make the share price of SPH spike like this instead of just the search interest in the word 'umbrage' and 'SPH', I would not be taking umbrage at his behavior!

IMG_20210509_150925.png

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Once you take money from advertisers, how could you maintain independence?

Haven't they heard of

拿人手短

One can't possibly bite the hands that feed him.

She is also old bird.. it's silly to think she scared take money from say.. cocacola,  means cannot report news about Pepsi. Serious journalist in Singapore aren't worried about that.

Advertiser is just broad term for the pap govt.

Already ranked 160(?)... going to compete with north Korea soon. 

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Civic101 said:

IMG_20210509_110814.png

It could be true that he and many like him aren't elite like those directly connected elites. However, it has proven the route cultivated through the army gave them the wrong mindset and training not suitable for public sectors. So, it is now that the government need to look into which other organisations are filled with generals and connels. I know it is not just sph. 😁

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Playtime said:

She is also old bird.. it's silly to think she scared take money from say.. cocacola,  means cannot report news about Pepsi. Serious journalist in Singapore aren't worried about that.

Advertiser is just broad term for the pap govt.

Already ranked 160(?)... going to compete with north Korea soon. 

This advertiser nonsense also a bit stupid... I mean we know most advertiser got no power over media... but there is one that does

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Victor68 said:

It is well known and a fact. So maybe they should have a section for all those paid and reporters being 'entertained' news.  But it is also readers fault lah. Reading also need to use brain lor. If you believe everything they report then who to blame? 

But there is a saying "A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth".... dun forget there were once someone said we should only listen to the good news.....

wait.... will they slam pofma on me??? 🤣

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

It could be true that he and many like him aren't elite like those directly connected elites. However, it has proven the route cultivated through the army gave them the wrong mindset and training not suitable for public sectors. So, it is now that the government need to look into which other organisations are filled with generals and connels. I know it is not just sph. 😁

Well despite the backlash from the public, these paper generals and the like are still being parachuted in. I would think the main reason is only they have absolute submission. 

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Well despite the backlash from the public, these paper generals and the like are still being parachuted in. I would think the main reason is only they have absolute submission. 

I think most of us heard the stories of the frog in the well and the emperor new clothes. 

On 5/7/2021 at 10:46 PM, Sosaria said:

Reminds me of this another example of over-reaction to reporter's question [laugh]

Who is this guy? He looks like a toad.

• Haha! 1

The Um-tionary [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

1. Umbrage - to be slightly offended, popularised by an ex-General during an unfortunate press conference event

2. Um-gan: 暗干 to curse at someone in silence 

3. Um-bai: 暗牌 colloquial for spy

4. Um-chio: 暗笑 to gloat over someone, usually at his misfortune

5. Um-gang: 暗杠 to score a lucky goal

6. Um-um lao bak sai: 暗暗流泪😭 to weep in silence

Now to string them all in a story:

The General took umbrage at a reporter’s question during a press conference, he um-gan the reporter when he thought she insinuated he will be a lackey for the establishment even after he restructure the company.  Not realising that the reporter was actually a um-bai planted by his rival, he went ballistic and incurred public wrath. The um-bai camp um-chio over their um-gang, while the General um-um lao bak sai after he was forced to apologise.

:D :D :D

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 19

Internal Moderator
On 5/7/2021 at 7:28 PM, Tianmo said:

That lady is from CNA,  technically is competitor.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hahhaha. Let's hope NYC go to Mediacorpse.

Then the reporter will know the bwa wu liao. hahaha

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
21 hours ago, Kb27 said:

i wonder why he needs to be careful ?

it's either

1. someone remove him.

2. he remove someone.

3. shutdown sph

there's nothing to be careful about.

his reaction, his action, his past actions, sph situation, all demands an action on the part of the shareholders.

Coz he is not in position to do all these 3 you mentioned, and he also do not want to be in situation that he also got dragged down into the umbrage topic. That's what I think..

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

The Um-tionary [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

1. Umbrage - to be slightly offended, popularised by an ex-General during an unfortunate press conference event

2. Um-gan: 暗干 to curse at someone in silence 

3. Um-bai: 暗牌 colloquial for spy

4. Um-chio: 暗笑 to gloat over someone, usually at his misfortune

5. Um-gang: 暗杠 to score a lucky goal

6. Um-um lao bak sai: 暗暗流泪😭 to weep in silence

Now to string them all in a story:

The General took umbrage at a reporter’s question during a press conference, he um-gan the reporter when he thought she insinuated he will be a lackey for the establishment even after he restructure the company.  Not realising that the reporter was actually a um-bai planted by his rival, he went ballistic and incurred public wrath. The um-bai camp um-chio over their um-gang, while the General um-um lao bak sai after he was forced to apologise.

:D :D :D

I tot "Um-gan: 暗干" is when you play mahjong and the moment you flip the tiles, you have 🀄🀄🀄🀄

hahahahhaha. and you forget Um-tui: 暗錘: Silently hammering urself in the chest. hahahah.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I tot "Um-gan: 暗干" is when you play mahjong and the moment you flip the tiles, you have 🀄🀄🀄🀄

hahahahhaha.

Didn't know you play mahjong also ....  :slow:

Thought you only take your Cannon around to snap at beautiful girls and their long slim legs.... :we-all-gonna-die:   

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Turbocharged
(edited)

It is quite strange that Umbrage was taken with the first question.

Umbrage should be taken on the second question instead.

An unfortunate case of mistaken umbrage?

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
12 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

It is quite strange that Umbrage was taken with the first question.

Umbrage should be taken on the second question instead.

An unfortunate case of mistaken umbrage?

Decoy.

Draw attention to first question.

No need to answer second question.

:D

Not many people saw this except the General and me.

When you want to with draw always use smoke screen.

image.thumb.png.0fb4915f4cdbb5cda14743babef56c1f.png

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
23 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Didn't know you play mahjong also ....  :slow:

Thought you only take your Cannon around to snap at beautiful girls and their long slim legs.... :we-all-gonna-die:   

Jack of all trades mah. I like to 摸...........牌. hahahahahha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1