SPH to Restructure Media Business into Not-for-Profit Entity

Carbon82

Internal Moderator
Just now, Jamesc said:

Decoy.

Draw attention to first question.

No need to answer second question.

:D

Not many people saw this except the General and me.

When you want to with draw always use smoke screen.

image.thumb.png.0fb4915f4cdbb5cda14743babef56c1f.png

war.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

He must have read this book over and over again!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic

When they covert generals to CEO

they need to send them for retraining.

This is the best management book I ever read

and I read so many books on management from Henri Fayol 14 management principles to Peter Drucker.

This book taught me so much more and its so much more useful too.

image.png.dae43e32c67340de8f6f9d61bbf5514d.png

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
(edited)

Military environment and business environment are totally different.

Business you have to tell people nicely, get their buy in and motivate people to excel.

Army just bark an order and people have to follow.

Need to train them on communication, motivation, cultural sensitivities etc.

Its a whole new ball game.

I am sure they can success but to neglect the retaining is just setting them up for failure. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

Not many people know

I don't just do sex training

I also do management training.

Good looking young ladies can come for my course training and intercourse training or both.

I mean social intercourse lah.

So many dirty minded people here, aiyoh.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Military environment and business environment are totally different.

Business you have to tell people nicely, get their buy in and motivate people to excel.

Army just bark an order and people have to follow.

Need to train them on communication, motivation, cultural sensitivities etc.

Its a whole new ball game.

I am sure they can success but to neglect the retaining is just setting them up for failure. 

I am not sure if military generals around the world are similar to ours. Also, their generals are a transit to become CEO or ministers. 

Hypersonic

If you own any shares you want dividends right.

If not for profit then where is the dividends going to come from?

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
On 5/7/2021 at 7:27 PM, Tianmo said:

I got curious and went to finish the video on the press conference. 

Towards the end,  there was this question on what if share holders disapprove,  what is the back up plan.  The stupid reply from the idiot was,  it's a hypothetical question and he doesn't answer hypothetical question.  What a funny joke, it's as good as saying we got no backup plan... 

LBY need to clean his backside for him after that by saying,  "CEO doesn't answer hypothetical question,  I will answer it.  We will carry on business as usual. "

No wonder is go where,  where toh.  No back up plan at all.... 

At least LBY is more steady and cool throughout the press conference . [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ya, I just watched finish the whole 40plus minutes of press conference. Sph CEO reply is darn epic. When he replied like that "he don't answer to hypothetical question if say shareholders disapprove and will come to the bridge when come to it". People will be thinking, he's a CEO leh, how can he not be forward thinking? Somemore this is such a simple question. Don't tell me that he will wait till when majority of shareholders disapproved then decide what to do next? It does not put confidence to shareholders. At least chairman reply is so much better. He should learn from chairman how to answer questions in press conference and in PR. He darn chui in that aspect. He need to remember, he's a CEO, not just any small level manager or what. He need to be forward thinking and not wait till things happened and then see how to go from there. Haiz..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Ya, I just watched finish the whole 40plus minutes of press conference. Sph CEO reply is darn epic. When he replied like that "don't answer to hypothetical question if say shareholders disapprove and will come to the bridge when come to it". People will be thinking, he's a CEO leh, how can he not be forward thinking? Somemore this is such a simple question. Don't tell me that he will wait till when majority of shareholders disapproved then decide what to do next? It does not put confidence to shareholders. At least chairman reply is so much better. He should learn from chairman how to answer questions in press conference and in PR. He darn chui in that aspect. He need to remember, he's a CEO, not just any small level manager or what. He need to be forward thinking and not wait till it happened and then see how to go from there. Haiz..

The simplest answer is that the shareholders will not disapprove. 

Have you checked who owns the management shares?

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I am not sure if military generals around the world are similar to ours. Also, their generals are a transit to become CEO or ministers. 

Most of ex-military personnel in other countries will end up in Security Industry.

In Most Countries, General will always work till they retired at 60+

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

The simplest answer is that the shareholders will not disapprove. 

Have you checked who owns the management shares?

But then still when answer questions in press conference. He still need to project the image of forward looking/thinking even if he knew that is no other way or what. 

He is darn lucky he is in sph CEO which is a very safe place to be in. The way he replied in press conference really cannot make it, plus he actually hardly answer to any of the questions, majority of the questions are all answered by chairman. It's like the position is swapped sph CEO as chairman and the chairman as sph CEO, wtf man. The chairman is can say 100 times better then him, just by the way chairman replied and his composure. Gg man sph CEO. 

Edited by Yewheng

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Most of ex-military personnel in other countries will end up in Security Industry.

In Most Countries, General will always work till they retired at 60+

Ours were general at a very young age and on an express promotion scheme. also retired way before 60. So, our generals were of a different class. Haha

Just now, Victor68 said:

Ours were general at a very young age and on an express promotion scheme. also retired way before 60. So, our generals were of a different class. Haha

Other than Navy & AF, the rest of the General could be technically incompetence.

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

But then still when answer questions in press conference. He still need to project the image of forward looking/thinking even if he knew that is no other way or what. 

He is darn lucky he is in sph CEO which is a very safe place to be in. The way he replied in press conference really cannot make it, plus he actually hardly answer to any of the questions, majority of the questions are all answered by chairman. It's like the position is swapped sph CEO as chairman and the chairman as sph CEO, wtf man. The chairman is can say 100 times better then him, just by the way chairman replied and his composure. Gg man sph CEO. 

It's being presented as a fair accompli. Give you secondary choices for what? Then you will start to question my decision and compare between the two.

There's only one right answer and that's my answer.

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
Just now, ToyotaShuttle said:

It's being presented as a fair accompli. Give you secondary choices for what? Then you will start to question my decision and compare between the two.

Ya. Military style.. 

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Other than Navy & AF, the rest of the General could be technically incompetence.

Alamak, how can you say that? All our generals are scholars leh. How can be technically incompetence? They are just not combat ready and lack EQ. So if remain in the military cannot contribute during war. To jump into corporate world, they get umbrage by public easily lah

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Think the word is at least pretend to have.

Confidence is the keyword. Without confidence in CEO. How can the company able to operate well?

Edited by Yewheng

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Alamak, how can you say that? All our generals are scholars leh. How can be technically incompetence? They are just not combat ready and lack EQ. So if remain in the military cannot contribute during war. To jump into corporate world, they get umbrage by public easily lah

Our general good at privatize everything so they gain more corporate experience and ease the jump over to GLC

Only slight problem is now so many things privatize prolly cannot function in actual wartime when all those SFI, ST staff that feed our troops and service the vehicles recall to unit to become infantryman... but small detail hor

• Haha! 1