SPH to Restructure Media Business into Not-for-Profit Entity

Carbon82

Turbocharged

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/sph-media-restructuring-keeping-the-faith-keeping-the-trust-0

Mr Iswaran observed that the local media help interpret global events through a distinctively Singaporean lens, and act as a glue that binds rather than divides society.

"Domestically, the local media not only report on events and developments, but also publish a balanced range of views, to inform the national debate and help foster a national consensus, not allowing disagreements to deepen into divisions in our society," he said.

I like how this 160 rank reporter use gahmen minister's quote to prove that her newspaper is balanced

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

16 minutes ago, yishunite said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/sph-media-restructuring-keeping-the-faith-keeping-the-trust-0

I like how this 160 rank reporter use gahmen minister's quote to prove that her newspaper is balanced

Aiyoh, its behind their paywall. 

This kind of self justifying article and content also need to pay? I thought all propaganda should be free, no? 

• Haha! 7

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

This kind of self justifying article and content also need to pay? I thought all propaganda should be free, no? 

lol... self masturbatory praise behind pay wall.. like doing it under the sheets and you see only the blanket move.

pay too see..

either way i still lose my lunch.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

labelling it as a "premium article" adds a veneer of credibility [:)]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged
On 5/11/2021 at 9:42 AM, Lethalstrike said:

We're 160th now right? Just 18 more places to move downwards to the last place of 178th. 

With SPH media now fully funded by the gov, of course they will have to listen to the grand paymaster and shed all remaining ounces of credibility, especially when politics or touchy subjects of national interests (aka CECA etc., Covid oversights) are concerned. This is the inevitable. 

Well, nothing much change other than government pumping in more money for it's survival. 'Credibility depends on what 'news' you are reading. Accident in Jurong, ponding due to rain or which minister going where are definitely accurate. However, they cannot tell the difference between riot and demonstration. 

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Well, nothing much change other than government pumping in more money for it's survival. 'Credibility depends on what 'news' you are reading. Accident in Jurong, ponding due to rain or which minister going where are definitely accurate. However, they cannot tell the difference between riot and demonstration. 

You've hit the nail on the head. Selective credibility will continue as the order of the day. If it's a riot against opposition parties, it will be downplayed as a peaceful demonstration. Nothing wrong, let's move on. 

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, RadX said:

Agree 

FA83E764-EFF4-4430-A179-7FA001EF7A35.jpeg

I like how hui-ge speak, he very chill and very down to earth. Speaking like a real Singaporean.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I like how hui-ge speak, he very chill and very down to earth. Speaking like a real Singaporean.

some one got a man crush... for his boss..

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

You dunno I followed you for very long for a reason meh.... :secret-laugh:

0C7C6748-53F0-4043-8921-A00BD12F805F.gif

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Orrr horrr... You call your big boss HUI GE!

khaw-boon-wan-is-hui-ge-original-02-e156

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

although they look very alike.. you can tell which one is more handsome.. and which one the doctor accidentally dropped...lol

Internal Moderator
24 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

I think he will see that as a compliments lah! There nothing bad being a doppelganger of a famous person what. Both are famous anyway. hahaha.

↡ Advertisement