SPH to Restructure Media Business into Not-for-Profit Entity

Carbon82

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

I tot "Um-gan: 暗干" is when you play mahjong and the moment you flip the tiles, you have 🀄🀄🀄🀄

hahahahhaha. and you forget Um-tui: 暗錘: Silently hammering urself in the chest. hahahah.

OK here it goes. Continuation of the Um-tionary

7. Um-dui: 暗锤 Silently hammering oneself in the chest. :a-bang:

Application:

Upon seeing the SPH share price dropped by 15% following the announcement, investors can only um-dui for placing their bet on the wrong horse. :D

I ish higher Hokkien and Teochew trained one OK... [scholar] 😜

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8
  • Haha! 7

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Our general good at privatize everything so they gain more corporate experience and ease the jump over to GLC

Only slight problem is now so many things privatize prolly cannot function in actual wartime when all those SFI, ST staff that feed our troops and service the vehicles recall to unit to become infantryman... but small detail hor

To me as a layman, I see these 'privatisation' as a quick way of 'farming out' responsibilities. So, now it is private, you just point fingers. Those taken over the privatised company suddenly become millionaire and high paying CEO. Then the privatised company try to 'farm out non essential services. Again no need to be responsible. Cannot make it, ask for funding. So, all these 'farming out' suddenly solve all the problems har? Who are paying for the services they they want leh? 

• Praise 3

(edited)
3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hahhaha. Let's hope NYC go to Mediacorpse.

Then the reporter will know the bwa wu liao. hahaha

Hahahaha...Seek vengeance?

Workplace harassment for like threatening, abusive, or insulting language, comments or other non-verbal gestures.......Take civil action against the harasser... https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/workplace-harassment/what-can-a-victim-of-workplace-harassment-do 

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

For me a CEO answer questions in a very clever way is not important lah.

All I want is a CEO make the share price go high high and I get good dividends.

:D

That's just me. Other people may disagree and I respect your views.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

If someone ever takes umbrage on your legitimate question and made you check dictionary for the meaning, that person must be quite a nincompoop.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

OK here it goes. Continuation of the Um-tionary

7. Um-dui: 暗锤 Silently hammering oneself in the chest. :a-bang:

Application:

Upon seeing the SPH share price dropped by 15% following the announcement, investors can only um-dui for placing their bet on the wrong horse. :D

I ish higher Hokkien and Teochew trained one OK... [scholar] 😜

On the contrary... the real sharks would've shorted the shares immediately 🤣🤣

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

When they covert generals to CEO

they need to send them for retraining.

This is the best management book I ever read

and I read so many books on management from Henri Fayol 14 management principles to Peter Drucker.

This book taught me so much more and its so much more useful too.

image.png.dae43e32c67340de8f6f9d61bbf5514d.png

Jamesc, while the above book is great for an easy read, the right book that address this "umbrage" case is the groundbreaking work (and book)  by Daniel Goleman on Emotional Intelligence and his 6 leadership-style framework.

Interestingly, in another Goleman book, "Primal Leadership" right at the start of its first chapter, there is a case study of BBC closing down its media division and how the executive who was sent to relay the bad news to its 200 journalist made a mess out of that communication. It ended up with more outrage and hostility because it was communicated with a lack of EQ.

What an uncanny similarity.

11 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Woah. Hui-ge really tanker. Anything not doing well, he go there and patch.

Waterleak-fixed-by-pretoria-plumber-1024

Sai kang fixer 

• Haha! 6

Hypersonic

Do they need a coach to retrain all their staff on how NOT to make a profit?

I am willing to take up the Certified Agile Coach certificate so that I can coach how not to make a profit even faster.

Speed and agility is everything these days.

I got many speeding tickets.

One day you are working hard to make a profit, next day you are working hard NOT to make a profit.

Can be a bit of a paradigm shift.

I can help change their minds faster. 

4 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Ya, I just watched finish the whole 40plus minutes of press conference. Sph CEO reply is darn epic. When he replied like that "he don't answer to hypothetical question if say shareholders disapprove and will come to the bridge when come to it". People will be thinking, he's a CEO leh, how can he not be forward thinking? Somemore this is such a simple question. Don't tell me that he will wait till when majority of shareholders disapproved then decide what to do next? It does not put confidence to shareholders. At least chairman reply is so much better. He should learn from chairman how to answer questions in press conference and in PR. He darn chui in that aspect. He need to remember, he's a CEO, not just any small level manager or what. He need to be forward thinking and not wait till things happened and then see how to go from there. Haiz..

Aiyah, if he is of Ministar calibre, the response would have been much better. Much much better. Like

"What do you think?" 

• Haha! 5

51 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Woah. Hui-ge really tanker. Anything not doing well, he go there and patch.

Waterleak-fixed-by-pretoria-plumber-1024

That's not for profit part. Controls the info hor, not to fix. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
4 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Ya, I just watched finish the whole 40plus . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . He need to be forward thinking and not wait till things happened and then see how to go from there. Haiz..

He needs to be proactive.

No one is as brief and to the point as me.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement