SPH to Restructure Media Business into Not-for-Profit Entity

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

He said ST always provides fair, reliable and credible reporting 😂

And he said Lee Boon Yang chairman was a gentleman, I'm not. Is he implying he's an ah beng then? Not everyone can adopt the street bruiser style of LKY la, please lah. 

Such is the dismissive attitude common with the products of the SAF scholarship system. I thought I've seen such response somewhere before, oh yes...."I can get you the figures, but let me say this, what is the point behind your question?" 

I help jog your memory. 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.4f3a4c3aa0c18fab07cbc0d14487c2f0.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Soya said:

Let's see.....

MCF mods work for free

MCF sifus give car advice for free

MCF clowns provide entertainment for free

So actually hor, MCF has been not-for-profit all these while....

Free general Medical advices.

Free property market advices.

Free cpf / investment advices.

Free thai foods / holiday advices.

Free sharing of good online deals.

Free sharing of getting foreign wife.

Free advices on divorce procedure (morning cried divorce...night time said patch up)

Etc etc....

None or not such on motor industry though...hahaha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic

Some ppl is go where,  where toh,  still think so highly of himself... 

Cannot even carry himself in front of reporters,  how to face the world? 

Mr ex- CDF,  this is not the arm forces,  and you are no longer the CDF.  <_<

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
20 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

My newspaper has been delivered to my gate since phase 2. 

During CB it was mailbox,  phase 2 start they stopped and reverted to door step delivery but always late. 

Phase 3 start every thing back to before CB,  I get my papers at my gate before 6am.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

For HDB dwellers SPH have taken the opportunity to permanently move to putting their newspapers inside mailbox instead of door to door delivery. CB time say prevent contact, P2, P3 they diam diam.

Suspect SPH took the chance to lower the $$ paid to the delivery sub-con.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Supercharged
7 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

he don't need to face the world lah.... probably got Auntie Jinx to back him up when he sob and console him "don't cry I believe you are the best, let me send you next to XXX to prove yourself"

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

he don't need to face the world lah.... probably got Auntie Jinx to back him up when he sob and console him "don't cry I believe you are the best, let me send you next to XXX to prove yourself"

He related to Mdm ah?

Supersonic

I think he lost flavour with pap already because the great pap mouthpiece spoke up against him. 

And blue eye boy like him shouldn't behave that way at a press conference. I believe his days are numbered.

Bye fatso. You should have no complaints whatsoever as you have reaped a lot these years. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
26 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

For HDB dwellers SPH have taken the opportunity to permanently move to putting their newspapers inside mailbox instead of door to door delivery. CB time say prevent contact, P2, P3 they diam diam.

Suspect SPH took the chance to lower the $$ paid to the delivery sub-con.

I order direct from SPH, and my HDB estate has stopped having  papers delivered to mailboxes since phase 2. 

Hypersonic

After the press conference, sure kanna “armbreak” from his master..

Want to act like LKY but act like those Bolehland MPs ....

Really Xia sway ....

• Haha! 5

Supersonic

see ? taxpayers money again

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/government-funding-support-singapore-press-holdings-media-14756392

Government prepared to provide funding support to SPH's restructured media entity: MCI

SINGAPORE: The Government is supportive of Singapore Press Holdings’ (SPH) proposal to restructure itself and transfer its media business to a not-for-profit entity, and is prepared to provide funding support, said the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) on Thursday (May 6).

SPH on Thursday announced the company’s plan, pending shareholder approval, to transfer its entire media-related business to a newly incorporated wholly owned subsidiary, SPH Media Holdings.

SPH will provide the initial resources and funding to capitalise SPH Media with a cash injection of S$80 million, S$30 million of SPH shares and SPH REIT units, and SPH's stakes in four of its digital media investments.

SPH Media will eventually be transferred to a not-for-profit entity for a nominal sum. This entity will be a newly formed public company limited by guarantee (CLG).

"It is in the interest of Singapore and Singaporeans that our local media continues to thrive and deliver quality journalism," said MCI in a media release.

"After SPH Media is transferred to a CLG, MCI is prepared to provide it with funding support to help it build capabilities for the future," it added.

• Praise 2
  • Angry 2

Hypersonic

"never consider of the needs of the advertisers" ????

The CEO of a media company saying this in a press conference? 

Those who have worked with SPH on advertising would know how high handed they are as the main media in SG.   But to openly say they have never consider the needs of advertisers is plain arrogant,  or perhaps stupid... 

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Not Profitable -> Not For Profit :grin:

tenor.gif

• Haha! 5

17 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

see ? taxpayers money again

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/government-funding-support-singapore-press-holdings-media-14756392

Government prepared to provide funding support to SPH's restructured media entity: MCI

SINGAPORE: The Government is supportive of Singapore Press Holdings’ (SPH) proposal to restructure itself and transfer its media business to a not-for-profit entity, and is prepared to provide funding support, said the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) on Thursday (May 6).

SPH on Thursday announced the company’s plan, pending shareholder approval, to transfer its entire media-related business to a newly incorporated wholly owned subsidiary, SPH Media Holdings.

SPH will provide the initial resources and funding to capitalise SPH Media with a cash injection of S$80 million, S$30 million of SPH shares and SPH REIT units, and SPH's stakes in four of its digital media investments.

SPH Media will eventually be transferred to a not-for-profit entity for a nominal sum. This entity will be a newly formed public company limited by guarantee (CLG).

"It is in the interest of Singapore and Singaporeans that our local media continues to thrive and deliver quality journalism," said MCI in a media release.

"After SPH Media is transferred to a CLG, MCI is prepared to provide it with funding support to help it build capabilities for the future," it added.

Population is not buying our newspapers, never mind, now we will make all of the tax paying population pay for our newspapers, whether they like it or not. 

• Haha! 2

Chay! What a disappointment they did not try to sell the media biz to Tamashack and instead giving more money to give it away. Tomorrow going to sell my sph shares. Don't think will run up anymore.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Guess what, the garment is bailing out these shit co.! 

The Government is supportive of Singapore Press Holdings’ (SPH) proposal to restructure itself and transfer its media business to a not-for-profit entity, and is prepared to provide funding support, said the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) on Thursday

Edited by Beanoyip
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1