SPH to Restructure Media Business into Not-for-Profit Entity

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

I read online news free also not enough time :grin:, pass me a paper newspaper also wouldn't read even if it's free.

Stock up as back up for the backside just in case of another CB period...never assume stores are always fully stock up with papers...😁

My dear fellow MCF brudders and sisters, 

It has been an honour and pleasure... 

Well...just in case...😁

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

Well...just in case...😁

Need my svc?

😂

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

hopefully SGCM/MCF still got money to maintain server and keep everyone employed.

Let's see.....

MCF mods work for free

MCF sifus give car advice for free

MCF clowns provide entertainment for free

So actually hor, MCF has been not-for-profit all these while....

• Haha! 8

4 minutes ago, Soya said:

Let's see.....

MCF mods work for free

MCF sifus give car advice for free

MCF clowns provide entertainment for free

So actually hor, MCF has been not-for-profit all these while....

textbook example

Hypersonic
(edited)

My question is.....................can they start to deliver zaobao for my parents to doorstep instead of putting inside mailbox after the restructuring? Very troublesome leh...na bei.

During CB, they said can't do it I understand. When phase 3 start, still continue to deliver to mailbox yet charge the same. 

Edited by Fcw75

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Ng-yat-chung.jpg

shp.jpg

The problem with paper generals and in general, the people that employed them.

Ask a few difficult questions cannot answer and lose cool liao.

Imagine the media ask tough questions for the COVID task force. All will eee eee orrr orrr.

Like in the USA, where they really shoot the one being questioned like Trump. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I will just keep the keyboard. hahhaa. the rest cannot lah. this downsize cannot upload image and video liao. waatching youtube is a chore also.

You sure the Keyboard can connect? 😅

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sph-restructure-media-business-not-profit-entity

The move will allow SPH’s media business to get funding from private and public sources, including the Government. Following several questions about maintaining editorial independence, SPH chief executive Ng Yat Chung appeared to lose his cool at the reporters present and said he took umbrage at such questions.

“(At) SPH, we always have advertising, but never pander to the needs of advertisers… The fact that you dare to question (the editorial independence) of SPH titles… I don't believe even where you come from, you concede in doing your job."

Woof woof

I also can be CEO

Woof woof

20 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

My question is.....................can they start to deliver zaobao for my parents to doorstep instead of putting inside mailbox after the restructuring? Very troublesome leh...na bei.

During CB, they said can't do it I understand. When phase 3 start, still continue to deliver to mailbox yet charge the same. 

My newspaper is delivered to doorstep during CB le

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Supersonic
(edited)
56 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Well...just in case...😁

Don't worry, those forums under MCF will all be around as long as pap is the govt. They need 100% control over "us". This forum will outlast us assuming pap outlast us.

There will be control over the CLG by their members. We shall see.

Edited by Weez911
  • Haha! 5

2 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Yes I do sometimes. 

Zaobao is like the red TransCab taxis, where all the rowdier drivers (reporters) are parked there. 

Straits Times is like blue/yellow Comfort Delgro taxis, have to be prim and proper and toe the line. One reported offence and you are out. 

😁

Your comparison is so simple and effective 😅👍

So Business Times reporters are like the Limo drivers in shirt and pants armed with Motorola walkie talkie.... 

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sph-restructure-media-business-not-profit-entity

The move will allow SPH’s media business to get funding from private and public sources, including the Government. Following several questions about maintaining editorial independence, SPH chief executive Ng Yat Chung appeared to lose his cool at the reporters present and said he took umbrage at such questions.

“(At) SPH, we always have advertising, but never pander to the needs of advertisers… The fact that you dare to question (the editorial independence) of SPH titles… I don't believe even where you come from, you concede in doing your job."

This meeting where he "appeared to lose his cool...and ...took umbrage at such questions".  

Got leaked video or not?  Just like the other previous one about mask.

2 hours ago, Mustank said:

Someone has to pay one lah

all the journalist don’t need eat one meh

Now they not profitable as property, dragging down group profitability, kena shift out lor

Who pay, they didn’t say

maybe get public funding?

Donors? 

Like many websites.... 

Please click and like the link below

As we are a non-profit entity, Please Donate for a good cause. 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)

quick question ... every household will get a free copy of newspaper in the future?

can use to tabao kacang putih? [sly]  [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Anyone who wants to watch Bui Bui Ng's epic retort to the reporter, should fast forward to the 24:37 mark onwards. 

I think I now have the insights on why NOL and SPH failed. A fair question was asked, but Bui Bui Ng blew his top. With the calibre of such management, it's no wonder at the state of things today. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 3