Workshop owner charged with performing illegal vehicle modifications

Jorje

Turbocharged

Wah Fong Kim ah.. smelly smelly they doing modification 30 years liao wor..

I still remember Ah-Oh..

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Poor Fong Kim. 

A Man might wonder why, after so many years. 

It's enough for a workshop boss to drive fast fast away in a powerful Jeep... Chee b** lah! 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
39 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Maybe Sabotage by Customer.?Or 1 of the Car they modified is from LTA to Spy on them.

Or maybe LTA finally ask basic follow up question to "is your exhaust illegal?" ie. "where did you do it?"

• Haha! 2

@Jorje After years of years of modification, rules repeat again.

I have been a customer with them since20 plus years ago in my first car.

Mod, dekit, mod again after after cars.

there another famous Mxx exhaust excellent in welding till today.

Might be a downfall for this 2 long lasting shops.

Or might be just another wayang and start over again.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

They use to station at the exit of the workshop..

and owners pay the fine and demod on the same day 

but ironically if your main office is at The Central of all this activities, isn’t it a bit twisted 

we don’t want to come to a state where in some country, the difference between a robber and a police man at NSHw is one is in uniform, the other is not 

Finally. Let it be a lesson to them and the car owners. Should also fine the car owners who did the illegal mods. (Remember the chao ah k** CS3?) These would reduce such vroom vroom in the HDB car parks for illegal exhaust systems.

I did my HKS (legal with certificate hor) with Fong Kim on my previous cars. I think they would still survive, not as if their main income is by illegal modifications. In fact, much of the costs are due to the approval and the certificates. 

Want to mod, do it the right and legal way.

Cheers.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Maybe Sabotage by Customer.?Or 1 of the Car they modified is from LTA to Spy on them.

Sounds that the game Among Us in which there is an imposter!

• Haha! 1

Quite surprised FK was caught. all this while i thought is a grey area since they have been doing so openly.

I know some WS only do mods if they know the people very well. But then again, it's hard to control if someone wants to sabo. Last time kena caught just go back and change for inspection. Now probably they will ask the owner where they did those mods. 

I thot I heard not too long ago the Company gets into some siblings squabbles or something over business ownership

(edited)

actually its wrong to fine the ws.

the fault is with the driver , not the ws that do the job.

similarly u cannot catch shop that sell pmd, its legal to sell, but the user cannot use in the wrong place.

car modification should and must be allow, even if they cannot use on public road. owner can alway bring to track or private road to drive, its should be legal.

unless of course if the ws smoke and lie to the driver that the mod is legal when in fact it illegal, which i believe is not the case

i hope LTA can be more flexible and smarter in such cases.

Edited by Beregond

Supercharged

last time no ministar make noise so close both eyes... since someone has spoken who dares not to take action. Anyhow find some goats to operate on.. 2 cars only what a joke...

Turbocharged

I have 1 question.

In the event if a person decides to replace the engine of his 15 year old car, what is the correct procedure?  Assume changing to the same type of engine, with no modification.

How is the paper work?

Supersonic

More should be done, especially those modified pipes, including motor bikes. It is damn noisy that we cannot hear anything from the TV set.

↡ Advertisement