Singapore passports to be valid for 10 years for applications from October

Blueray

Supersonic
Just now, Loki said:

Lucky I renewed last year when mine expired and did not wait

Last year when many countries still have not open border yet lo, sure no people renew PP. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

19 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

you can go down to ICA and ask, i have friend also waited 6 weeks and went down to ICA, end up they told her photo failed [laugh]

mine was more than 8 weeks liao, but i am not in hurry to travel.

i do my renewal online around 1 mth ago, just receive email last week, photo fail due to '

Has reflection / glare on the spectacles

lucky i not in a hurry 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
21 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

you can go down to ICA and ask, i have friend also waited 6 weeks and went down to ICA, end up they told her photo failed [laugh]

mine was more than 8 weeks liao, but i am not in hurry to travel.

Photo was tried to upload on line more than about 3 times failed becos of some silly reasons , finally the robot accepted it and asked me for payment ........ so should be good to go ..... went on line to check .... shows status as Processing , also my Mom in no rush to travel but must always keep for emergency since she got relatives all over........

• Praise 1

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i do my renewal online around 1 mth ago, just receive email last week, photo fail due to '

lucky i not in a hurry 😅

Thought when taking such photo, cannot wear spec one?

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

lucky i not in a hurry 😅

Thats not nice of them to say so...... why did their so called smarty computers accept the application in the first place and charge $70/-??  

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
1 minute ago, BanCoe said:

Photo was tried to upload on line more than about 3 times failed becos of some silly reasons , finally the robot accepted it and asked me for payment ........ so should be good to go ..... went on line to check .... shows status as Processing , also my Mom in no rush to travel but must always keep for emergency since she got relatives all over........

So now renew PP cannot fill up form, paste the photo on the form and drop it at ICA liao ah? Must submit thru online? Then those taking photo kiosk and shop can closed down liao, since no need to take anymore hard copy photo?

Supersonic
(edited)
12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So now renew PP cannot fill up form, paste the photo on the form and drop it at ICA liao ah? Must submit thru online? Then those taking photo kiosk and shop can closed down liao, since no need to take anymore hard copy photo?

I took my passport photo from a photo shop in TPY central and got soft copy only, no hard copy.

Also passport renewal was damn fast and I collected from post office

Edited by Loki
  • Praise 2

25 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

went through doesn't mean pass, online shows in process also doesn't mean photo pass, it could be they dun have time to go through those applications yet.

If in hurry best to go down ICA to ask and they will reply you via email of the status (photo pass or fail or in process).

Unless like me no hurry so just keep waiting......... 

• Praise 2

58 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Thought when taking such photo, cannot wear spec one?

can. no reflection. this time i take off my spec😅

• Haha! 1

Mine expired swee swee in late 2019...no need to renew just yet...current car no need to clear carbon one...boh luc one anyway 

• Haha! 1

2 things

1. SG passports should have remained valid for 10 yrs to begin with, why cut to 5 yrs , for fu(k?

2. SG passport number should just stay is our IC number for simplicity and easy tracking, why change to random numbers, for fu(k?

wake up lah ICA !  Dont reinvent the wheel for worse.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Anyone here recently renewed Sg PP?? I applied renewal of expired PP for my Mom;   on 7 April.... Haiz I heard that it takes upto 6 weeks but always tot it should be faster than that knowing the efficiency of the Govt machinery and digital this and that .......... haiz       

I saw on CNA sometime last week, pre-Covid ICA received about 2000 renewal per day.

Currently is about 15,000 per day.

So is about 7X, from previous 1 week and now about 6 to 7 weeks.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
57 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

2 things

1. SG passports should have remained valid for 10 yrs to begin with, why cut to 5 yrs , for fu(k?

2. SG passport number should just stay is our IC number for simplicity and easy tracking, why change to random numbers, for fu(k?

wake up lah ICA !  Dont reinvent the wheel for worse.

It was tagged to the IC number in the good o'l days ( so one number for both docs) ...was hence very easy too ...  (like 40 years or so back) could be now because of biometric passports  OR what tech I also dont know why too; also they done away with stamping our Sg passports too (ok the new gantry system works fine and is fast)   

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Loki said:

I took my passport photo from a photo shop in TPY central and got soft copy only, no hard copy.

Now photo shop got give soft copy, i really donkey years never take such photo liao. Lol.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Loki said:

many of those passport photo apps. self take and it even has the country's individual dimension to crop it. Easy to use and fast. No need to pay the shop to do it for you.

I just took my wife's photo using these apps for her pp submission.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

many of those passport photo apps. self take and it even has the country's individual dimension to crop it. Easy to use and fast. No need to pay the shop to do it for you.

I just took my wife's photo using these apps for her pp submission.

Which passport photo apps you using?

those who take selfie or use software to mod your photo, please go down ica to ask if you need it urgent. If you dun ask, they won't tell or update the status online.

Those who apply before March not so strict and able to get it within a week or 2.

passport_photo5.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5