Singapore passports to be valid for 10 years for applications from October

Blueray

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Which passport photo apps you using?

I used "Photo for Passport" in 2019 when I renewed. Not sure what my wife was using. Anyway, lots of such apps around. Just check reviews before downloading.

Main thing is take against a white background. And I heard cannot smile.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
23 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

those who take selfie or use software to mod your photo, please go down ica to ask if you need it urgent. If you dun ask, they won't tell or update the status online.

Those who apply before March not so strict and able to get it within a week or 2.

passport_photo5.jpg

PP photo cannot see teeth? Why ah?

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

2 things

1. SG passports should have remained valid for 10 yrs to begin with, why cut to 5 yrs , for fu(k?

2. SG passport number should just stay is our IC number for simplicity and easy tracking, why change to random numbers, for fu(k?

wake up lah ICA !  Dont reinvent the wheel for worse.

I think different number so that can be cancelled permanently in case the PP is lost.  I prefer this way. 

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

I think different number so that can be cancelled permanently in case the PP is lost.  I prefer this way. 

It is actually more difficult for forgery and more efficient to track if the number stays the same.  but maybe our guys are taking the easy way out.

moreover, how often do you lose your passport.  Once or twice if ever in a lifetime.  

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

It is actually more difficult for forgery and more efficient to track if the number stays the same.  but maybe our guys are taking the easy way out.

moreover, how often do you lose your passport.  Once or twice if ever in a lifetime.  

Once. Same for driving license.

6 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Once. Same for driving license.

Exactly, therefore to set up a system catering for the obscure event isnt too efficient.  

6 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Exactly, therefore to set up a system catering for the obscure event isnt too efficient.  

It is always security vs convenience.  I would rather have a new PP number every 5/10 year than to have my NRIC/PP number blacklisted by foreign countries due to someone trying to pass off a fake/lost PP with the same (NRIC) number.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Anyone here recently renewed Sg PP?? I applied renewal of expired PP for my Mom;   on 7 April.... Haiz I heard that it takes upto 6 weeks but always tot it should be faster than that knowing the efficiency of the Govt machinery and digital this and that .......... haiz       

Hi...

My wife renewed hers on 10 April. Till now still in progress.

Waiting for her passport to be ready to apply for Thailand Pass.

Luckily renewed mine in End Feb and collected within 2 weeks.

12 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

It is always security vs convenience.  I would rather have a new PP number every 5/10 year than to have my NRIC/PP number blacklisted by foreign countries due to someone trying to pass off a fake/lost PP with the same (NRIC) number.

yes security vs convenience.   
on the contrary, my twisted mind thinks it is actually more secure to have the same number.   just need to devise a method of alert which shouldnt be too difficult at all.
As for fake numbers, it isnt exactly difficult at all for someone to have a glimpse of a passport number and reuse it?

Hypersonic
(edited)

ha ha ha …… comprain to MCF here about PP delay …… just got email from them  to arrange / collect the PP …… me thinks MCF here got ICA oppicer on the prowl 🤣🤣 At large 🤣

Nice to hear all the issues / hiccups of others applying too ……

Now have to book date at PO to collect the PP 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
(edited)

Lol when I collected in February. Boh lang... 

Those apps not easy to get it right one lah. 

My wall is those slightly rose white type. Me and my son sat on stool. Used my wife's phone flashlight below to illuminate lower part of face so neck no shadows. 

Tried a few free android apps. One gave too low resolution, cannot be used. I think cannot be below 300kb or something. Background also cannot pass cos still got shadows. 

Maybe iphone has better apps? Dunno. 

So eventually I had to do quite a workaround. I took the original hp photo, used paint 3d in windows 10 to eliminate the background and paste on a white background (u have to manually edit the borders) save it and use the ICA website to select the face. Some of the clothes and neck area edges not perfect but can be accepted by ICA. 

My friend was taking recently, I think he used ring light to illuminate the face. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

ha ha ha …… comprain to MCF here about PP delay …… just got email from them  to arrange / collect the PP …… me thinks MCF here got ICA oppicer on the prowl 🤣🤣 At large 🤣

Wa, ICA also read MCF sia . 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, 13177 said:

Which passport photo apps you using?

I'm using passport photo editor, submitted 5 sets last month , still pending for approval. My background not totally white, the ICA portal got prompt, I still submit 😁

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
32 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

can check when's the date u applied

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

I'm using passport photo editor, submitted 5 sets last month , still pending for approval. My background not totally white, the ICA portal got prompt, I still submit 😁

Very likely to be rejected still. They are strict. 

↡ Advertisement