Singapore passports to be valid for 10 years for applications from October

Blueray

Hypersonic

I got rejected once before I got accepted. That was the time they quite eng so they can reject u within like 24 hrs lol. 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Very likely to be rejected still. They are strict. 

no urgency for me, already got the white set on standby after figuring out how to change to white background with a simpler web-based link. I used the same background for all my family members, only mine got the prompt for background 😁

Edited by Dafansu
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Why do we even need passports?

Now got face recognition, finger print.

I suggest get rid of passports and use face recognition, thumb print and make people take off their shoes and foot prints!

Passport can counterfeit. Face finger and foot sure safe one.

:D

When borders were closed, they sit down and shake leg?

They should have asked those pp expired to renew 1st and maybe extend the expiry date so won't lose out.

Now borders open they cannot handle.

Turbocharged
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Raychay said:

They should have asked those pp expired to renew 1st and maybe extend the expiry date so won't lose out.

No used de lah.. and cannot blame them for shaking leg.. it is the people who like to adopt wait and see attitude.. just like my son.. expired last year received reminder Don't wanna renew.. now submitted on 8 May i just said "Good luck!" 😁

And they oredi extended to 10 years renewal before that was 5 years leh.. 

Edited by Ody_2004
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
21 hours ago, Raychay said:

It is not fair to blame ICA.

Many people will only have the mind set of why renewed when I can't even travel. Waste of money only.

Don't forget ICA will send reminder when passport is less than 6 month to expire.

Base on the news, pre-Covid average rènewel per day is 2000. Now is 15000. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

I think they are giving out the passports too fast.

So many people go emergency passports

and now go JB pump petrol causeway queue longer and longer

and go Bangkok plane ticket so ex.

:D

Please don't rush to give out passports lah.

They are only human and rush rush them

no good for their health.

Edited by Jamesc

Supercharged

Govt is trying to resuscitate SIA back from covid induced cardiac arrest. I think ICA churning out passports is part of this strategy.

Singapore Airlines narrows annual loss amid returning demand for air travel

Singapore Airlines (SIA) on Wednesday (May 18) posted a narrower annual loss of S$962 million, saying it was ready to ramp up operations further amid returning demand for international air travel as borders reopen in almost all key markets.

SIA's third consecutive net loss in the 12 months ending on Mar 31 was an improvement from the S$4.3 billion loss a year earlier that included impairment charges on 45 older aircraft.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business/singapore-airlines-narrows-annual-loss-amid-returning-demand-air-travel-2690771

8 hours ago, Tohto said:

It is not fair to blame ICA.

Many people will only have the mind set of why renewed when I can't even travel. Waste of money only.

Don't forget ICA will send reminder when passport is less than 6 month to expire.

Base on the news, pre-Covid average rènewel per day is 2000. Now is 15000. 

Just calculate.  5 million passports in Singapore with 5 year validity pre COVID.  On any given year, 1 million passports will expire.  On any given month, about 80,000 plus passports will expire.  So on any given day, about 3000 plus applications if you take away weekends and public holidays.

Now, if everyone never renewed passports during covid, this is about 2 million expired passports plus 80000 more expiring each month.  And everyone is screaming urgent.

Even if want to scale up also hard. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Just calculate.  5 million passports in Singapore with 5 year validity pre COVID.  On any given year, 1 million passports will expire.  On any given month, about 80,000 plus passports will expire.  So on any given day, about 3000 plus applications if you take away weekends and public holidays.

Now, if everyone never renewed passports during covid, this is about 2 million expired passports plus 80000 more expiring each month.  And everyone is screaming urgent.

Even if want to scale up also hard. 

Spiked to more than 7k per day as reported recently. highest at 14k per day. Expired or expiring 1 million as reported in April

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/passport-processing-time-six-weeks-ica-overwhelming-demand-2678256

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

Spiked to more than 7k per day as reported recently. highest at 14k per day. Expired or expiring 1 million as reported in April

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/passport-processing-time-six-weeks-ica-overwhelming-demand-2678256

Yup.  Back of envelope calculations. So maybe instead of 5 million passports, it's 2.5 million passports or about half of the eligible people did renew passports during COVID time.

On 5/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, Raychay said:

I dun think, it is ICA duty to hold anyone hand... Personally, looking at countries opening up, I renewed my whole family passport in Oct and did my 1st traveling in Dec.

Good luck to those still waiting for your passport :D    

• Praise 3

heng i renewed my passport in Feb this year as passport expiring in Aug this year.

The upload photo part is the tricky portion, had to take and upload selfie many  many many times as they keep saying background is not bright enough.

After many tries then go and download those passport apps to go and whiten the entire background to entirely white as if you are in photo studio.

If you want to save the trouble then go and go to those phtoto booths specially for passport photos to save you all the trouble.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

after 6 weeks, then received msg that brightness on face not even. need to resubmit again.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

My family all the passports still ok except for one... one child... been waiting 5 weeks no sound. So all of us cannot travel unless me or wife go for work by ourselves... sian

Turbocharged
(edited)
5 hours ago, Etnt said:

after 6 weeks, then received msg that brightness on face not even. need to resubmit again.

when did u apply, will need another week or so after resubmission of photo

Edited by Dafansu
↡ Advertisement