Advice on Michelin made in Thailand vs Dunlop made in japan

3 hours ago, Craz said:

@DOBIEMKZ

Falken ZIEX ZE310 is highly recommended here, any brothers got experience with this?

My last Fallens must be more than 20 years ago. I remember the grooves were simple V shapes throughout. Noisy, didn't like it, and never went back. 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

After buying this Tyre,you may need a pair of Ear Plugs,Falkens always very noisy.

Falken performance range of tyres can be noisy.

But the above mentioned Falken ZIEX ZE310 is an eco range tyre, so it should be more comfort-biased and lower noise generation.

Many internet consumer reviews have good feedback on its comfort and noise. I think it's on par with Bridgestone Ecopia Ep300 and Yokohama Bluearth AE51.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

My last Fallens must be more than 20 years ago. I remember the grooves were simple V shapes throughout. Noisy, didn't like it, and never went back. 

Oh yea! That famous V groves!

• Praise 1

On 5/30/2021 at 12:28 AM, DOBIEMKZ said:

Oh yea! That famous V groves!

Now the trend is Asymmetrical tires threads. It is like a multifunction threads on a tire.

The V grooves thread is many years ago. To me those have very specific function that is to perform well in the wet. I have never use it before. Cos those are like wet intermediates or full wet tires in F1. They use those specifically for wet conditions only. When the road is no longer wet the F1 car actually perform slower and the tires wear out faster in the dry. Our weather is mostly dry, having v groove tires are not really suitable.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

i used a falken FK452  many years back and it was the flagship model then.

For that price, i have little complain as both dry and wet grip were acceptable and not too noisy. 

Sat also in a lower range model before and it was unacceptable though.

• Praise 1

I have used potenza, dunlop sportmaxx, pzero and ps4. tbh the difference is marginal for normal driving. i will admit i have never met (touchwood) an incident when i need to e-brake, to really find out which tyre has best braking properties. i would say grip wise, these 4 are comparable. if it's raining, definitely will drive slower. dont really want to test their wet handling capabilities. in terms of noise, i feel road surface plays a bigger role than type of tyre

But if you are comparing a touring tyre vs a UHP, then yes the difference is more significant in my opinion, as i felt it when i changed from turanza to sportmaxx 050+. sportmaxx surely gave more confidence in cornering

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1