upgrading the DSP make any difference?

rickylah

anyone went from a cheaper DSP amp to a better DSP amp and felt the difference/improvement? 

music source will be play from HU (z9250bt), RCA out -> DSP amp -> speakers. 

(no intention to add seperate amp due to space constraint). 

why i asking is because even casting songs with spotify to my home system (pioneer sc-lx AVR), sound so much better than my car audio, with spotify music. Its just not as clear. 

i guess the HU and speakers is good enough. Using Zapco st4x DSP AMP, so wondering if this DSP amp is hindering any improvement. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, rickylah said:

anyone went from a cheaper DSP amp to a better DSP amp and felt the difference/improvement? 

why i asking is because even casting songs with spotify to my home system (pioneer sc-lx AVR), sound so much better than my car audio, with spotify music. Its just not as clear. 

i guess the HU and speakers is good enough. Using Zapco st4x DSP AMP, so wondering if this DSP amp is hindering any improvement. 

Look for Ken @8777 6444.

He’s da MAN for all these gadgets..

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
On 5/8/2021 at 1:00 PM, rickylah said:

I think it will still make a difference. @Meemee make a point. You should try tuning first. It will also make a difference.

The zapco st4x look pretty decent, if you ever wanna upgrade, you can sell that to me! 🤣

Lol yes definitely has the tuning done by shop. But finer tuning I'm still playing with it myself. 

Zapco cheap dsp do has its limitation. Phrase is only 2 setting, 0 or 180. And TA has to enter the number, can't press up or down click, so quite hard to do minor adjustment while u listen for changes. 

But gotta say for eq tuning definitely is quite good, can adjust specific frequency and the spread. 

But other than this, wonder if sound will improved with a higher end dsp amp. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, rickylah said:

Lol yes definitely has the tuning done by shop. But finer tuning I'm still playing with it myself. 

Zapco cheap dsp do has its limitation. Phrase is only 2 setting, 0 or 180. And TA has to enter the number, can't press up or down click, so quite hard to do minor adjustment while u listen for changes. 

But gotta say for eq tuning definitely is quite good, can adjust specific frequency and the spread. 

But other than this, wonder if sound will improved with a higher end dsp amp. 

Amp definetly help with the sound production. So yeah. I think it will helps.

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to hijack thread. 

Need help.

Recently installed DSP-Amp and 2-way component speakers up front. 

DSP-Amp has Bluetooth.

Found that sound is much better when I play via DSP-Amp than factory HU, both using phone and Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, this means factory headunit is not being used when I play my music collection from my phone. This means I can't control everything via the steering wheel since my phone is not connecting via the headunit.

Is there any way to integrate a 3rd party DSP-Amp into factory headunit at all?

It's really a hassle when I lose the ability to control my phone music tracks using my steering wheel. Have to constantly look at my phone to manoeuvre tracks on the phone :((

Internal Moderator
33 minutes ago, freshie888 said:

Sorry to hijack thread. 

Need help.

Recently installed DSP-Amp and 2-way component speakers up front. 

DSP-Amp has Bluetooth.

Found that sound is much better when I play via DSP-Amp than factory HU, both using phone and Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, this means factory headunit is not being used when I play my music collection from my phone. This means I can't control everything via the steering wheel since my phone is not connecting via the headunit.

Is there any way to integrate a 3rd party DSP-Amp into factory headunit at all?

It's really a hassle when I lose the ability to control my phone music tracks using my steering wheel. Have to constantly look at my phone to manoeuvre tracks on the phone :((

erm. I think is possible. but is not via Bluetooth but thur outputs. so when you are playing your FM radio via your factory headunit, the sound should come via ur DSP then speaker. Instead of speaker directly. then you should enjoy your new should with your factory headunit.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for this. Radio is ok actually. It is my MP3 collection on my phone that I'm having trouble. When I play my MP3 collection, I play it through the DSP via Bluetooth. The DSP doesn't integrate with headunit. Hence I lose the steering wheel control eg changing tracks, increasing volume. 

Wondering if there's a way around this?

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, freshie888 said:

Thanks for this. Radio is ok actually. It is my MP3 collection on my phone that I'm having trouble. When I play my MP3 collection, I play it through the DSP via Bluetooth. The DSP doesn't integrate with headunit. Hence I lose the steering wheel control eg changing tracks, increasing volume. 

Wondering if there's a way around this?

You headunit have bluetooth in the first place?

Neutral Newbie

Yes, HU has Bluetooth. Sound quality for beaming via Bluetooth to HU is much poorer than if I were to beam via Bluetooth to the DSP. So I beam directly to DSP. The downside is that since it's not integrated into the HU, all the steering wheel controls are gone... Hence looking for advise on whether the DSP can be successfully integrated into HU, such that when I beam to the DSP, I retain control of the steering wheel controls eg volume, change tracks.

Right now, because it's not integrated, I have to control via phone, which is a hassle when driving...

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
22 minutes ago, freshie888 said:

Yes, HU has Bluetooth. Sound quality for beaming via Bluetooth to HU is much poorer than if I were to beam via Bluetooth to the DSP. So I beam directly to DSP. The downside is that since it's not integrated into the HU, all the steering wheel controls are gone... Hence looking for advise on whether the DSP can be successfully integrated into HU, such that when I beam to the DSP, I retain control of the steering wheel controls eg volume, change tracks.

Right now, because it's not integrated, I have to control via phone, which is a hassle when driving...

I am not very sure, but I am thinking that the DSP is not connected to your headunit. Only when you toggle to Aux and you use ur DSP, it is being used as the source.

↡ Advertisement