Hyundai Elantra MD

N2020

19 hours ago, Cybertech said:

Any 2011 MD owner renewing your COE? Mine coming July 2021 end of 10 years still considering whether to renew or not.

@N2020 

6 hours ago, N2020 said:

renew for another 5 year? (JUNE)PQP 22k for 5 year ?

Can wait for July PQP right? Since last COE drop 6K so the next July COE PQP should be cheaper.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

6 hours ago, RGG said:

yes depends on car condition/ PQP 🙂 

Recent few months have this problem, when driving on highway and release accelerator to slow down and then try to accelerate again, the car will like sudden lost of power and car acceleration like choking. Few occasion the engine light even blinking orange but will goes off and it only happen when driving fast. On normal city road driving this problem never occur. Have not gone to workshop to check on that yet hopefully could be just the spark plugs need replacement as I read somewhere. If major repair required I will not bother to renew the COE.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Cybertech said:

Recent few months have this problem, when driving on highway and release accelerator to slow down and then try to accelerate again, the car will like sudden lost of power and car acceleration like choking. Few occasion the engine light even blinking orange but will goes off and it only happen when driving fast. On normal city road driving this problem never occur. Have not gone to workshop to check on that yet hopefully could be just the spark plugs need replacement as I read somewhere. If major repair required I will not bother to renew the COE.

Sounds like a dirty throttle body that needs cleaning and all will be well... carbon deposits clogging up your throttle valve or your combustion valves... the carbon deposits might be due to malfunctioning spark plugs... don't think it's a major issue...

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Cybertech said:

@N2020 

Can wait for July PQP right? Since last COE drop 6K so the next July COE PQP should be cheaper.

Yes 🙂 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

15 hours ago, teomingern said:

Sounds like a dirty throttle body that needs cleaning and all will be well... carbon deposits clogging up your throttle valve or your combustion valves... the carbon deposits might be due to malfunctioning spark plugs... don't think it's a major issue...

also some time try with V Power.. may help 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2nd Gear
15 hours ago, Cybertech said:

Maybe no major.. check first 🙂 

• Praise 2

2nd Gear
5 minutes ago, N2020 said:

also some time try with V Power.. may help 

every month one time  or 2 months 1 time go for V POWER really good.. can helps clean & more power full

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2nd Gear
11 minutes ago, RGG said:

every month one time  or 2 months 1 time go for V POWER really good.. can helps clean & more power full

True

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2nd Gear
16 hours ago, teomingern said:

yes.. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, AKP said:

True

I have never done that leh... drive more than 20 years already... I think more helpful is to be willing to rev close to redline and that will help clear the deposits... when driving long distance in Malaysia, the car always feels freer to rev after the long road trip... cos usually need to rev hard to pass other cars on the highway mah... usually my RPM will 5500 to 6000 on fourth gear...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2nd Gear
12 hours ago, Cybertech said:

@N2020 Shell V-Power? I usually pump Esso 95 for my past and present car.

according to SHELL,  "Engine condition improved by helping to the remove performance robbing deposits from key fuel system components such as intake valves and/or fuel injectors"

price expensive.. 0.60cents++ /L more compare to 95 petrol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Cybertech said:

@N2020 Shell V-Power? I usually pump Esso 95 for my past and present car.

yes shell V-Power i mean.. maybe one month once:) 🙂 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

50 minutes ago, AKP said:

according to SHELL,  "Engine condition improved by helping to the remove performance robbing deposits from key fuel system components such as intake valves and/or fuel injectors"

price expensive.. 0.60cents++ /L more compare to 95 petrol

Just use Fuel Cleaner lo

I skip V-power ever since RON100 available in MY.

• Praise 3

22 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Just use Fuel Cleaner lo

I skip V-power ever since RON100 available in MY.

💪👍

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2nd Gear
On 6/3/2021 at 9:51 AM, inlinesix said:

Just use Fuel Cleaner lo

I skip V-power ever sin/ce RON100 available in MY.

caltex fuel cleaner or stp ?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2nd Gear
On 6/2/2021 at 3:43 PM, teomingern said:

I have never done that leh... drive more than 20 years already... I think more helpful is to be willing to rev close to redline and that will help clear the deposits... when driving long distance in Malaysia, the car always feels freer to rev after the long road trip... cos usually need to rev hard to pass other cars on the highway mah... usually my RPM will 5500 to 6000 on fourth gear...

😀🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2