China: Man left dangling from bridge after glass breaks

Ender

2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Its because they never secure the top hence when wind blows hard it will fly. Moreover its located at windy cross section

Ya i saw it mention the gale at 150km/h.

Those bridge build between 2 mountains. All the wind channel in between. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Beregond said:

And since zhangjiajie bridge alot other provinces in china racing to build glass bridge, walkway, etc 

of course u will expect some shoddy projects or cut corners  

• Praise 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

And since zhangjiajie bridge alot other provinces in china racing to build glass bridge, walkway, etc 

of course u will expect some shoddy projects or cut corners  

depend alot on natural element also.

like the case with 150km.h wind, how often these wind occur? if once in a blue moon like 20 years also never kenna before, then fair enough.

its like no city is build to withstand wind of that force also.

but if those wind of that force occur very often and the expert didnt take that into calculation before building the bridge, then its a dangerous oversight.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, yishunite said:

If not dangerous, where is the thrill? Must be dangerous then got thrill mah

Hmmmm... like trying to eat forbidden fruits.

Hypersonic
(edited)

I knew it!

Wifey kept arguing with me.

She says the glass so strong I keep jumping up and down won't crack it even with MIL weight on it.

I kept saying if I jump hard enough it will crack.

:D

Went this Covid over I will take her there.

image.png.bc37f919e73c5e1a6192d4bceb5234c7.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Ender said:

Think glass bridge is safe? The article below mentioned this is not the first case, there are other cases of glass bridges broken off. China is still not there in terms of safety, and quality.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/china-man-left-dangling-bridge-140629849.html

China: Man left dangling from bridge after glass breaks

9b4470c08074f183f09faeab9026c61f

A man in China was left dangling from a bridge after its glass panels were damaged in high wind.

The man was visiting the 100m-high bridge (330 ft) in the Piyan Mountain, in the north-east of the country, when the incident occurred on Friday.

Several pieces of the glass floor were blown away by winds that reached up to 150km/h (90mph).

It is thought that China has about 2,300 glass bridges and a number of glass walkways and slides.

They are designed to attract thrill-seeking tourists and capitalise on China's growing domestic tourism.

An image widely shared on social media shows the man dangling in the middle of the bridge, located in a scenic area near the city of Longjing.

Firefighters rushed to the scene to rescue the man. However he managed to get back to safety himself with the help of on-site staff, Xinhua news agency reports.

The tourist was taken to hospital for observation and counselling, and is now said to be in a "stable emotional and physical condition".

The area has been closed, according to Longjing City's Weibo page. An investigation into the incident has been launched.

'Scary' glass bridges shut in Chinese province

Do you dare cross China's glass bridges?

It is not the first accident of its kind in China. In 2018, Hebei province shut all of its 32 glass attractions - including bridges, walkways and viewing decks - while safety checks were carried out.

Elsewhere in the country, one person died and six others were injured in 2019 after they fell off a glass slide in Guangxi province.

In 2016, a tourist was injured by falling rocks while walking on a glass walkway in the city of Zhangjiajie.

The builder did not use Corning Gorilla Glass.

46 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I knew it!

Wifey kept arguing with me.

She says the glass so strong I keep jumping up and down won't crack it even with MIL weight on it.

I kept saying if I jump hard enough it will crack.

Went this Covid over I will take her there.

image.png.bc37f919e73c5e1a6192d4bceb5234c7.png

Your wife is right, is not possible to crack it...Only strong wind manage to blow it up and away...

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
18 minutes ago, David325 said:

Your wife is right, is not possible to crack it...Only strong wind manage to blow it up and away...

That's no good 

My MIL so heavy no wind strong enough to blow her and the glass away.

Turbocharged

I have been and walked on one of this before in China. Didn't seem possible to be blown away but having the walkway elevated and protruding out, actually don't really need a glass bottom. You stand by the railing and look down and out, it is the same. B

(edited)
7 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Hear say this one kena blown by 150kmh wind. The glass was not secured crazy

Wind at 150km/h, this man must be damn lucky never kena blown away like a lost kite, those thick glass panels easily weigh heavier than a human......

Edited by Ahwhye

so many nasty anti china comments from haters here. Shame on you..... first of all, there is climate change which causes temperature to change and impact the material irregardless of the quality. Of cos our China will use the best product for our people safety. Next, who can discount whether if there are any intentional sabotage from evil yankees or imperialists from the old world? 

And finally, this is probably fake news. You guys are better off following good quality, reliable news provider like global times or CCTV. 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

This Chinese needs to go back to the drawing board. If they have our type of minister, someone over there will be saying "sia suay!!"   😁

6 hours ago, Beregond said:

i like to ask: if the glass panels were blown away... where did they end up? 😰

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Estrangable said:

so many nasty anti china comments from haters here. Shame on you..... first of all, there is climate change which causes temperature to change and impact the material irregardless of the quality. Of cos our China will use the best product for our people safety. Next, who can discount whether if there are any intentional sabotage from evil yankees or imperialists from the old world? 

And finally, this is probably fake news. You guys are better off following good quality, reliable news provider like global times or CCTV. 

Didn’t know that you are from PRC.

晚安,同志!

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Estrangable said:

hahahah global times... not simple post..

Turbocharged

Cool down pals!😗😗😗

Mistake learnt, they will rebuild it to be much better and safer.

Rome was not built in one day, and The Great Wall had also collapsed once and rebuilt.

We learn and improve. Period.😗😗😗

↡ Advertisement