Cars Used by Singapore Police (the Normal Police) Must Be Good Cars Right?

DOBIEMKZ

Turbocharged

Shopping for new car.

Trying to narrow my options.

So to play safe, those car makes and models that are used or currently being used by our police (the normal one, non-traffic police) must be good ones right? Otherwise they won't procure them right?

I supposed those cars used by our police must be reasonably comfortable enough for them to drive long hours during patrolling, fast enough to response to scenes of action, robust enough to withstand occasional shoot-outs if happen, and comfy enough to transport criminals behind.

So I think safe choices are Toyota Altis, Hyundai Avante/Elantra, Mazda 3 and Subaru Impreza. But will look into other models though.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Given your choices, i'll go for Mazda anytime..

Yeah plenty of parts from scrap yard for grab driver accident write offs

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Shopping for new car.

So to play safe, those car makes and models that are used or currently being used by our police (the normal one, non-traffic police) must be good ones right? Otherwise they won't procure them right?

I supposed those cars used by our police must be reasonably comfortable enough for them to drive long hours during patrolling, fast enough to response to scenes of action, robust enough to withstand occasional shoot-outs if happen, and comfy enough to transport criminals behind.

So I think safe choices are Toyota Altis, Hyundai Avante/Elantra, Mazda 3 and Subaru Impreza. But will look into other models though.

Then I will suggest you consider cars like Prius and Ioniq. They are procured by taxi company. beside the image of you driving a taxi, here are some of the perks that I can think of.

- Taxi company will go for car that is fuel-efficient as the primary criteria.

- Taxi company usually buy thousands if not more to replace their fleets, so meaning that the parts are readily available. Reliable anot is really heng suay one. But you kenna the suay suay one, at least the parts is cheap and readily available.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
25 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

I never see mata drive Mazda 3 b4...

Recently saw one police Mazda 3 the latest version one near Farrer Park area.

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Then I will suggest you consider cars like Prius and Ioniq. They are procured by taxi company. beside the image of you driving a taxi, here are some of the perks that I can think of.

- Taxi company will go for car that is fuel-efficient as the primary criteria.

- Taxi company usually buy thousands if not more to replace their fleets, so meaning that the parts are readily available. Reliable anot is really heng suay one. But you kenna the suay suay one, at least the parts is cheap and readily available.

Dey, who will want to buy the same car as taxi? You want or not?

Same as police car more satki mah.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Shopping for new car.

Toyota hilux

Infamous organisations use them in very challenging terrains and extremely stressful working environments 

:XD:

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Yes Gif 0001.gif

Turbocharged

Buy those models preferred by private Ah pek driving instructors.

Those should be robust, minimum down time and cheap to repair or maintain.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
38 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I just saw one yesterday.

New Mazda 3 mild hybrid. 

Yes I think that's the one I saw. Fantastic!

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

I will only buy those car that police will catch me. Like that then even more satki.

1200px-McLaren_P1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1