Ash Scattering Garden in CCK?

StreetFight3r

yq-sgash-11052021.jpg.64773d9daedc6501d67cc1005ecac543.jpg

SINGAPORE - Singapore's first inland ash-scattering garden, Garden of Peace, will be operational from May 17.

Developed by the National Environment Agency (NEA), the 9,500 sq m garden will provide Singaporeans with another option for the management of cremated human remains.

Garden of Peace was developed in response to interest expressed by the public for such practices to be made available in Singapore.

The ash-scattering garden in the Choa Chu Kang Cemetery Complex is a secular facility open to all religious faiths and adopts an open garden concept with designated lanes for walkways and ash scattering.

NEA had conducted extensive consultations and engagements with the religious groups and funerary industry during the development of the garden.

Mr Chew Ming Fai, NEA deputy chief executive officer and director-general of public health, said: "There was an emphasis that the facility should adopt a serene garden feel, where family and friends would be accorded privacy during the act of ash scattering."

Boundary shrubs and vegetation have been planted to clearly demarcate the garden's boundary and provide sufficient privacy to visitors.

There are four ash scattering lanes in the garden, designed intentionally to accord families with privacy. The lanes are designed to allow ashes to naturally percolate into the soil underneath.

Religious ceremonies or rites will not be permitted in the garden, but visitors may use the prayer facility near the north gate of the Garden of Peace to conduct simple rites.

Those who wish to scatter ashes at the garden will have to pay a $230 fee, which includes the pulverisation of cremated human remains into fine ashes, a canister to store the ashes and a two-hour session at the Garden of Peace.

Under current Covid-19 restrictions, no more than five people are allowed per session, excluding funeral directors.

A second inland ash-scattering garden, Garden of Serenity, at the Mandai Crematorium Complex, is in development and expected to be operational in 2022.

Those who wish to apply for inland ash scattering may do so via NEA's online ePortal.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Just now, StreetFight3r said:

i prefer out to sea lei

ya,

sea. or garden,

in fact dig a hole under a tree near my block will do for me, lol

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic

I have already decided on the sea ash scattering for myself, so now have this garden option, would go for this one since more easy than sea. Cause sea ash scattering still have to hire a boat out.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

not a legal option in SG but I would prefer to let my body turn into compost so that I can fertilise a plant. but this comes as a close 2nd choice.

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
18 minutes ago, Beregond said:

make sense.

i prefer this when its my turn,

死了就一了百了

I'll contribute my ash for scientific research.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I'll contribute my ash for scientific research.

Is there such an option now? Why not for medical research?😐

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Is there such an option now? Why not for medical research?😐

Medical research also . :)

Whatever they want to search. 

Supersonic
Just now, DOBIEMKZ said:

Medical research also . 🙂

Whatever they want to search. 

I think the option for medical research is available currently. I remember reading about a doctor donated his body when he passed on not long ago.

54 minutes ago, Beregond said:

ya,

sea. or garden,

in fact dig a hole under a tree near my block will do for me, lol

wait a dog go dig up a piece of bone then jialat liao.....🤦‍♂️

• Haha! 6

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

wait a dog go dig up a piece of bone then jialat liao.....🤦‍♂️

no la, the ash ma,😅

actually that is legal already, saw that on news sometime ago

Edited by Beregond

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, StreetFight3r said:

yq-sgash-11052021.jpg.64773d9daedc6501d67cc1005ecac543.jpg

SINGAPORE - Singapore's first inland ash-scattering garden, Garden of Peace, will be operational from May 17.

Developed by the National Environment Agency (NEA), the 9,500 sq m garden will provide Singaporeans with another option for the management of cremated human remains.

Garden of Peace was developed in response to interest expressed by the public for such practices to be made available in Singapore.

The ash-scattering garden in the Choa Chu Kang Cemetery Complex is a secular facility open to all religious faiths and adopts an open garden concept with designated lanes for walkways and ash scattering.

NEA had conducted extensive consultations and engagements with the religious groups and funerary industry during the development of the garden.

Mr Chew Ming Fai, NEA deputy chief executive officer and director-general of public health, said: "There was an emphasis that the facility should adopt a serene garden feel, where family and friends would be accorded privacy during the act of ash scattering."

Boundary shrubs and vegetation have been planted to clearly demarcate the garden's boundary and provide sufficient privacy to visitors.

There are four ash scattering lanes in the garden, designed intentionally to accord families with privacy. The lanes are designed to allow ashes to naturally percolate into the soil underneath.

Religious ceremonies or rites will not be permitted in the garden, but visitors may use the prayer facility near the north gate of the Garden of Peace to conduct simple rites.

Those who wish to scatter ashes at the garden will have to pay a $230 fee, which includes the pulverisation of cremated human remains into fine ashes, a canister to store the ashes and a two-hour session at the Garden of Peace.

Under current Covid-19 restrictions, no more than five people are allowed per session, excluding funeral directors.

A second inland ash-scattering garden, Garden of Serenity, at the Mandai Crematorium Complex, is in development and expected to be operational in 2022.

Those who wish to apply for inland ash scattering may do so via NEA's online ePortal.

Woah. still need to pay ah.

45 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

not a legal option in SG but I would prefer to let my body turn into compost so that I can fertilise a plant. but this comes as a close 2nd choice.

land burial still available but now seems to be inside a concrete cement block only and for a limited period only, so no do fertilising afterlife....

↡ Advertisement