COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Scion said:

oh only 3 in ICU... so are we going to praise the govt for a job well done?

I think they have done “ok” but they could have done better , like taking an example from Hk on travel bubble restrictions and tweak it for inbound passengers to Singapore.. for every out of control situations, increasing the quarrtine period both side by one week.

it may be a bit more extreme but probably would have reduced the number of super spreader .. 

but what do I know.. making useless observations is like telling the person riding the donkey to get off on the donkey because being an animal right activists ,all animal should be treated with respect.,

I believe the authorities has done reasonably well , by not having COVID transmissions via the food chain or by grab delivery 

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
31 minutes ago, Ender said:

Koped from HWZ. 2 students from Kong Hwa kenna. Compared to the OG variant where very few children kenna, this new variants infected a number of students in such a short time.

Suddenly a bunch of students infected. Were they all infected from household members, or in the past day, as I recall, some are due to the private tutor positive case? (assuming the kids attend the same private class)

Think this is something that they should look at closely, and maybe put a pause to it : tuition and enrichment classes, bearing in mind that children are not vaccinated, and some of these classes are in small shop spaces, indoors and air-conditioned. It's not as regulated as, say, MOE schools.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Students at another 2 schools affected! Total 5 schools till date (for the current wave)...

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20210514-1146669

I am fully supportive of CB2.0 (for say 1 month), to prevent further spread in the community.

All the half past 6 WFH, headcount restriction, advices to minimise outing, etc. are useless. Feel free to quote my post as I know what I am talking about and will not mince my words.

What will happen to Shangri-La Dialogue? 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Are we closer to the point where there's a 4pm announcement, that begins with MY FELLOW SINGAPOREANS

Since last week Friday I was waiting for this [laugh] Then today, Friday, let's wait with bated breath again. My bet is, it will be a cautionary message, not yet about lockdown. So far everything still revolving mainly round the airport and they need to get this cluster to stabilize to solve main part of the problem.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

Some fools think that they are vaccinated, they won’t spread to others around him. 🤣🤣

You still does.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Students at another 2 schools affected! Total 5 schools till date (for the current wave)...

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20210514-1146669

I am fully supportive of CB2.0 (for say 1 month), to prevent further spread in the community.

All the half past 6 WFH, headcount restriction, advices to minimise outing, etc. are useless. Feel free to quote my post as I know what I am talking about and will not mince my words.

Yes ...my anger brewing when seeing young kids down with the viruses.

Called for CB. gdp whatever damn conference take the back stage.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

OK with the current development I finally made a decision..

I going to barber now! 

• Haha! 12

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

I understand this reserve thing perfectly. Thanks for reminding all. 

But now I am simply highlighting that the situation is not as dire as what some here painted, using the 3 ICU bed occupancy rate as an evidence 

Ever get that afternoon effect ?  You go out for lunch and its sunny with just that hint of cloud.  40 minutes later on your way back from lunch, you notice that the sky is now covered by dark clouds.  The dark clouds seem to appear everywhere in a short span of time .... 😥

• Praise 1

Apologies to disturb you this late.
We just receivedg calls from school teacher at this hour that our school will be closed tml.
Some Students from the below schools are tested positive. 
These schools are affected:
yck pri 
qi hua
st Stephen
st andrew
kong hwa
st Joseph

Please avoid Parkway center as enrichment teacher from Learning Point is tested positive too. 

Stay safe.

My friend's son school is also affected. He sent me this msg.

A lot of ppl will be affected if this is the case.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Rising local community cases but foreign worker dormitory no cases. looks like FDW is safer now. how ironic 🙄

many have stopped work, at least the construction site opposite my area has not been active for 2 weeks.

• Praise 1

(edited)

is CB2 going to cost us another $94Bn ?

can deduct from task force celery ? interest free IPP [thumbsup]

Changi Airport becomes largest Covid-19 cluster with 46 cases

The second largest Tan Tock Seng Hospital cluster has 44 linked cases.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/changi-airport-cluster-is-largest-active-covid-19-cluster-with-46-cases

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 2

1 minute ago, Blueray said:

is CB2 going to cost us another $94Bn ?

can deduct from task force celery ? interest free IPP [thumbsup]

if need to do then faster do and get it over and done with.

the more u drag the worst it become.

anw our small red dot got 1 of the highest reserve in the world.

hope our gov dun behave like 守财奴 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
33 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Some fools think that they are vaccinated, they won’t spread to others around him. 🤣🤣

You still does.

US just release new guideline that vaccinated ppl no need wear masks... gg secretly kill all their anti vaxxers

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Don’t worry la, mai kancheong.

Someone said ONLY 3 in ICU. Community spreading never mind.

88414F1B-40C0-4EE0-B14D-65EE36C20388.gif

That guy probably stock up on toilet paper, rice, etc in the meantime. Typical sinkie mentality.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7