COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

15 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

What is the biggest difference between now and a year ago with regard to this covid-19? Let me repeat the umpteen times even in this forum that as of now, the indian variant is not causing anyone vaccinated with major symptoms. Those vaccinated will get only common flu symptoms. And we are blessed to be living in this country where we have first class medical facilities that know how to handle the infected properly. So I am not sorry that I am not becoming afraid and paranoid like many of you here seems to be leaning towards.

But I have also been cautioning everyone to practice restraint and not papazao. At least me and my family have not been out for a long time except for occasional meals in kopitiam and that few occasions to eat in restaurants. This is in order not to be spreading the virus inadvertently. Ok please do not anyhow accuse me of being irresponsible. We can look at events and interpret differently but do live responsibly.

You've missed out the main point in which Voodooman had pointed out. There's still a big percentage of people below 45 who aren't vaccinated yet, and we have 15 unlinked cases in the community today. So these unvaccinated people are at risk. And it's not necessarily the Indian variant as well, it could be the UK variant (the next most probable looking at the infected numbers so far). 

And yes, agreed that social restrictions should be self imposed at this point already. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

15 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i find this part very funny lor.. we very notty wan.. 

stop someone on weekend and ask them why go out and you will hear maybe:

exercise. necessary

buy food. necessary

send food to parents. necessary

hair cut. necessary

hair wash. lol

bubble tea. can SD with friends shhhh..

wait Green Corridor packed again. :XD:

• Haha! 3

(edited)
3 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Don't gong LJ wei. How much tax do you pay (do you guys even pay tax?)? Are you going to support those jobless due to the CB and pandemic closures with your own money? Are you going to pay those business owners whose businesses have been affected? Are you going to chip in your time at our hospitals to help the doctors and nurses? Are you going to spend your time helping those doing contact tracing? 

the taxes he thinks he pays

14063215_images(4).jpeg.d767c3b2e5558e8be101e18392e2683a.jpeg

and the taxes , he actually paid

12STEWART-WEB-superJumbo-v3.thumb.jpg.f4ff590baec12a5c0d07465cab5a30cb.jpg

GIF-excited-Jim-Carey-tee-hee-GIF.gif.ac653fb5edd5ecac1b72af17aa1950d0.gif

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Boh bian, because of Covid, suddenly Sinkies discovered their new talents and they become,

1. Nature lovers

2. Expert bakers

3. Professional Tour de France cyclists 

4. Professional marathon runners, joggers and briskwalkers 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Haha! 11

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Yesterday i went out cycle at Pungol PCN in the morning abt 7am. the crowd almost like previous CB time..

rode less than 15km gave up..

• Haha! 7

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t worry la, mai kancheong.

Someone said ONLY 3 in ICU. Community spreading never mind.

88414F1B-40C0-4EE0-B14D-65EE36C20388.gif

That guy probably stock up on toilet paper, rice, etc in the meantime. Typical sinkie mentality.

Yessi, only need to start worry when it's 3 in each icu 😅

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Boh bian, because of Covid, suddenly Sinkies discovered their new talents and they become,

1. Nature lovers

2. Expert bakers

3. Professional Tour de France cyclists 

4. Professional marathon runners, joggers and briskwalkers 

Still got professional XMM watcher 🤣

• Haha! 3

44 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

What is the biggest difference between now and a year ago with regard to this covid-19? Let me repeat the umpteen times even in this forum that as of now, the indian variant is not causing anyone vaccinated with major symptoms. Those vaccinated will get only common flu symptoms. And we are blessed to be living in this country where we have first class medical facilities that know how to handle the infected properly. So I am not sorry that I am not becoming afraid and paranoid like many of you here seems to be leaning towards.

But I have also been cautioning everyone to practice restraint and not papazao. At least me and my family have not been out for a long time except for occasional meals in kopitiam and that few occasions to eat in restaurants. This is in order not to be spreading the virus inadvertently. Ok please do not anyhow accuse me of being irresponsible. We can look at events and interpret differently but do live responsibly.

I agree with you and i have been asking everyone to get vaccinated. 

So we are both vaccinated (not fully yet i believe) yet hiding at home. 

So bo tai ji one, right?

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Travel bubble with Singapore to launch as scheduled in May despite recent cases, Hong Kong minister says

https://www.asiaone.com/china/travel-bubble-singapore-launch-scheduled-may-despite-recent-cases-hong-kong-minister-says

LoL...

The minister here says to stay home wor.

The minister there yet to get the memo...😁

Launch all they like...no one at the airport...

• Haha! 1

Just now, mersaylee said:

HK got no ministar la.  Only Secretary.

I believe Transport Secretary reads SCMP.

SCMP always find chance to hammer us.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Blueray said:

after CB 1.0 I now have my hairdresser's hp.

standby for underground if tio CB again. [sly]

:D

My hair cut is cheap cheap HDB neighbourhood barber leh. Not sure do they provide underground hair cut.

3 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I agree with you and i have been asking everyone to get vaccinated. 

So we are both vaccinated (not fully yet i believe) yet hiding at home. 

So bo tai ji one, right?

Need to hide 14 days after 2nd jab before it is effective

😁

• Praise 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I dont think the HK minister knows that our Airport terminals 1, 2 & 3 have been closed.

At least I know it is closed to public. Open to airlines I am not sure.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
39 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

The government's message is as good as asking people to avoid all these crowded places already, disinfected or not. 

The underlying message is pretty clear, and they didn't explicitly state that there isn't a need to avoid these places this time. 

But never ask to avoid MRT and bus.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Boss....dun count your chickens before they are hatched is all I can say...still early in the game...for the virus to toy with us...

The optimism here reminds me of the 1999 Bayern Vs Man U - UCL game.....Bayern leading by 1 goal for much of the 90minutes....that is until...injury time....the rest is of course history..

Sometimes peepur can get overly conceited..as our leeders do...then concede late own goal...

Or Man City scoring 2 injury time goals in 2012 and stole the title from Man U !

True, don't count the chickens before they hatched

Edited by Icedbs
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Need to hide 14 days after 2nd jab before it is effective

😁

Now vaccination boh bao safe already, maybe just less serious..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
41 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

The government's message is as good as asking people to avoid all these crowded places already, disinfected or not. 

The underlying message is pretty clear, and they didn't explicitly state that there isn't a need to avoid these places this time. 

Obviously the message is not sinking it because there's no law directive for it.. everyone is still BAU.. they are just delaying the inevitable.. 

↡ Advertisement