COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Hypersonic
(edited)

I dream we will have another election this year 10 July.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Tohto said:

I hope we will have another election this year 10 July.

wait the pandemic become worse here how? danger danger

Supersonic
(edited)

Every single thing I read about this damn virus worries me more and more. 

https://www.jwatch.org/na53513/2021/05/10/second-presentations-covid-19-due-non-variant-concern

These are *not* variant strain reinfections. While reinfection after original infection has been described, this occurred with healthcare workers, not known to be immunocompromised and presumably careful about taking precautions. Unless they became extremely cavalier or reckless after their first infection, which just seems implausible to me. 

We still don't know exactly how immunity due to vaccination compares to natural acquired immunity. But with this virus all bets are off.

The VOCs (variants of concern) are even worse. Good luck to us all. 

EDIT: the one thing I found "sus" about that abstract was the mention that after recovery they didn't find antibodies. That could indicate a failure of the immune system in these workers, but without more details, it's difficult to be sure of anything. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 11
  • Shocked 4
  • Sad 1

Turbocharged

The simple fact is that we are in arms race with the virus. We started locking down everyone for 14 days so the mutation that can get out is one that lays low for 21 days. We also started vaccinating so guess which variant will be the one that can keep spreading? The one that is vaccine resistant. The main hope is that the virus that is the least deadly is the one that transmit the most, since those who all end up in ICU will quickly be quarantine 

In the long run we just have to wait for the virus to become nonlethal enough that we can live with it... meanwhile, we try to make sure as few people die as possible. Thats exactly what our current crop of vaccine helps to do

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)

From now on, when I see people in workshops etc. not wearing masks, I will just take a video and post on social media, accompanied by a police report. They need to start shutting these places down. 

No point giving them the courtesy of a friendly warning. They're just recalcitrant and will go back to chut their usual patterns once no eyes are on them. 

I urge everyone to start doing the same, no matter what your personal feelings about "bao toh" culture may be. This is too important. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 10
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
59 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

no. this has always been an explicit lky policy. get them young, groom them. saf is an instrument not for defence but for "talent" spotting. this always been the way they "grow" their own timber. renew the pap leadership. feed the admin service.

based on the years of service, and all the post-grad they do, by the time they reach the top and go to admin or glc, this is what you get.

Which is why we are in the shit now. 😂

too many saf bred ones spoils the “broth”

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

wait the pandemic become worse here how? danger danger

You don't get my sarcastic ...

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
27 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

for info ...

5f4cfb81029e8ac6160d0780b1763bfb.jpeg

Huh?? B1617 was first recorded in Oct 2020? 

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Huh?? B1617 was first recorded in Oct 2020? 

It's possible. They have lots of archived samples, nucleic acid extracts and sequence data, and should date the first record to when that sample was first collected.

The variants only become prominent when they are recognised to be of concern. They generally go through a VUI (variant under investigation) stage before they become a VOC (variant of concern) when there's evidence the shit is actually hitting the fan. So the VOC designation is really a somewhat retrospective one, obviously. 

That, coupled with the fact that any new variant with greater evolutionary fitness still needs time to replace the current circulating one, explains the apparent time lag. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Untiong preese. 😁

sex and public space ... no of pax limit is reduced from 5 to 2 ... 

no orgy for a month ... lol :secret-laugh:

2021-05-16_143747.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 6

22 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

From now on, when I see people in workshops etc. not wearing masks, I will just take a video and post on social media, accompanied by a police report. They need to start shutting these places down. 

No point giving them the courtesy of a friendly warning. They're just recalcitrant and will go back to chut their usual patterns once no eyes are on them. 

I urge everyone to start doing the same, no matter what your personal feelings about "bao toh" culture may be. This is too important. 

if chiobu  [gorgeous] will give chance one right ? [:p]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Untiong preese. 😁

It was meant to be "社交" which translates to "social activities". But who ever passed the script or printing screw up,  and printed it as "性交" which translates into "Sexual activities".  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 8