COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

By the way, ICA need written evidence to show previous citizenship has been returned. 

I think it kind of doesn't matter if there was paper work done if the nett effect is still the same.  That they can go back and live indefinitely when they desire. 

An example would be the President has to resign from the political party  before running for elections.  Paperwork done but does it really help?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

The dormitory spread seems to have under good control, is it due to just the control postures they have learned from the first wave or because of the magic of vaccination?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

The worksheet includes both citizens and PRs.

Whoever that do up the worksheet should split citizens and PRs

By the way, ICA need written evidence to show previous citizenship has been returned. 

Their covid cert got fake one. LOL

• Haha! 2

Just now, Ender said:

Their covid cert got fake one. LOL

Like saying the sun is hot 😂😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

I think it kind of doesn't matter if there was paper work done if the nett effect is still the same.  That they can go back and live indefinitely when they desire. 

An example would be the President has to resign from the political party  before running for elections.  Paperwork done but does it really help?

That applies to all countries as well.

When I was working in Beijing, the entire Cxx are not PRC National.

Other than 2 French, the rest are former PRC.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Now then we know we gave out how much Singapore citizenship to India, extremely glaring isn't it? 

Before any stupid IBs come and comment on me saying I'm just biased and India doesn't allow dual citizenship, let me point out a fact. 

The fact is, while India officially doesn't allow for any Indian citizen to have dual citizenship simultaneously, there is a workaround in the form of OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India). This OCI grants them the right to live and work in India indefinitely even if they gave up the rights to vote and retain a Singapore citizenship. I think most Indians don't give a damn about voting in India, and the fact remains that OCI was introduced into their constitution as a response to their citizens' demand for the rights for some form of dual citizenship. 

thanks for this info. open up my eyes.

• Praise 1

@Philipkee 

I think a few other countries also have a channel to allow people to claim citizenship based on ancestry. Germany for instance.  But not sure whether this channel remains open for those who have previously renounced their German citizenship.

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

For a long time we know where to get certified DUPLICATES😂

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

The worksheet includes both citizens and PRs.

Whoever that do up the worksheet should split citizens and PRs

funny that when SC get other citizenship, ICA dont know. require you to self report. 

like give you exclusive membership and cannot have other membership when you sign up. but after you sign up you free to sign other membership.

i know someone with aus, sg and my citizen. maciam bourne identity

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

this applies to national sports teams as well.. didnt sg used to have the prc b team sg best ping pong team?

• Haha! 2

无罩群聚 阿叔谬论:打了疫苗不怕染疫!

阿叔称已施打两剂疫苗,不怕染病,与10多人三五成群坐组屋楼下吃饭、喝酒,甚至脱下口罩聊天。热心读者卓先生(58岁,运输业)拨电《新明日报》24小时热线通报,指义顺81街第848座组屋四周,自从疫情收紧不可堂食后,楼下常出现多人聚集的情况。

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20210527-1149787

yishun wor ... [;)]

file7fxv8obf0i945k1kme.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha! 2

33 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

thanks for this info. open up my eyes.

Best part is, they will use Singapore passport and apply for US, UK, Australia, Canada citizenship. That's the ultimate game plan for some of the well to do Indian nationals.

So, does our gov knows they've been used as a stepping stone instead? Of course they do. But they are hoping that out of 1000 newly inducted citizens from India, maybe just 500 eventually settle down for good here will be good enough for them. The remaining 500 give up Singapore citizenship and go elsewhere is never mind. 

The big question is when the 1000 came here, we need to provide them with jobs. And the expense of who? Probably that's the average Joe on the streets. This is the elephant in the room which has been thoroughly obsfucated and not addressed whenever possible. 

OK, enough of ranting on immigration policies, back to Covid! 😂

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 3

26 minutes ago, Blueray said:

无罩群聚 阿叔谬论:打了疫苗不怕染疫!

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20210527-1149787

yishun wor ... [;)]

file7fxv8obf0i945k1kme.jpg

The SD Ambassadors also not  doing their jobs la....

Was at a certain hawker centre the other day during 15th and the vegetarian stall Q was very looooooog and no 1-m distancing.

Best thing is that there's a SDA nearby but he chooses not to see.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Best part is, they will use Singapore passport and apply for US, UK, Australia, Canada citizenship. That's the ultimate game plan for some of the well to do Indian nationals.

So, does our gov knows they've been used as a stepping stone instead? Of course they do. But they are hoping that out of 1000 newly inducted citizens from India, maybe just 500 eventually settle down for good here will be good enough for them. The remaining 500 give up Singapore citizenship and go elsewhere is never mind. 

The big question is when the 1000 came here, we need to provide them with jobs. And the expense of who? Probably that's the average Joe on the streets. This is the elephant in the room which has been thoroughly obsfucated and not addressed whenever possible. 

OK, enough of ranting on immigration policies, back to Covid! 😂

i tot philip yeo idea was to get them to lift the local ability to learn and take over from them. lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2