COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

NTUC Foodfare at Anchorvale to close amid 'likely ongoing transmission'; free COVID-19 tests for those who visited

SINGAPORE: Members of the public who visited NTUC Foodfare at 308 Anchorvale Road from May 13 to May 30 are encouraged to take a COVID-19 swab test after a cluster of cases were detected at the coffee shop.

"Our epidemiological investigations have found that there is likely ongoing transmission at the coffee shop," said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Sunday (May 30).

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ntuc-foodfare-at-anchorvale-to-close-amid-likely-ongoing-14915918

↡ Advertisement

12 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Ok how about this chap here?

No idea.

From daily imported cases, i only see SC & PR.

Not even those build BTO

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Blueray said:

NTUC Foodfare at Anchorvale to close amid 'likely ongoing transmission'; free COVID-19 tests for those who visited

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ntuc-foodfare-at-anchorvale-to-close-amid-likely-ongoing-14915918

all these kitchen assistants all have the same pattern one. always come out the coffee shop smoke together. 

food transmission since already ruled out as a vector, hope that remains the case.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
26 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Notice there are quite a few covid clusters formed and even new cluster. Also unlinked cases still have everyday. How come gahment still think our covid situation is stable? 🤔

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
On 5/29/2021 at 11:05 PM, Kyrios said:

I tot STVP and other dependant pass have been stopped entry olredi? Why kunallan can cum in? Anybody can confirm if the gahmen is telling lies? Can pofma them?

I mean i can reluctantly accept the case for FWs but visitor passes??

I bet u all my bottom dollar the first thing this twerp does when he lands is to send in his beautifully crafted resume to some naive employer out there.

I more concern on the term aerosols fir the mutated variants n are our SHN facilities equipped to handle the transmission from a centralised aircon system 

in fact, the cleaners should learn from our home team CSI folks so that they clean the place more rigorous 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Notice there are quite a few covid clusters formed and even new cluster. Also unlinked cases still have everyday. How come gahment still think our covid situation is stable? 🤔

they have to say that what ...

if say its out of control and we are in second wave means task force / 4G leaders have epic failed.

anyways, its all relative. compared to south asia, we are stable. [laugh]

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Blueray said:

they have to say that what ...

if say its out of control and we are in second wave means task force / 4G leaders have epic failed.

anyways, its all relative. compared to south asia, we are stable. [laugh]

yes i agree. admitting mistake will be political suicide.

Just now, Nolicense said:

yes i agree. admitting mistake will be political suicide.

if they could pin covid on AHTC, they would. :XD:

• Haha! 7

WTF, why are we having SOUTH ASIA people coming in just to visit his son? I thought only allow SOUTH ASIA in to build BTO flats? 

Really WTF!!!

IMG-20210531-WA0021.jpg

(edited)

2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Our biggest issue is now with the incubation period. If science is able to provide an answer to a reliable test outcome for people during their incubation period, that will be the panacea to border reopening in the covid world. The rest of the measures are frankly, fairly blunt or unreliable.

Too many possibilities for a positive case to show up as negative (lapses in tests, incubation period etc). Case in point, Changi prison inmate was swabbed a total of 7 times (all negative) and was then concluded to be positive on the 8th swab.

For this 59 year old Indian, he has just been tested a grand total of 3 times, if we include his first test done in India before departure to SG to be real. So, this virus is a son of a bitch and extremely tricky. 

And our risk based approach which continues to let in people from high risk regions still carries a degree of risk, despite the current tightened measures at the immigrations after the Changi Airport cluster. 

https://mothership.sg/2021/05/prison-inmate-tested-negative-7-times/

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Kyrios said:

I tot inlinesix said no more such short term visitors? How come still have these type of trash coming in..sianz..really thumbs down to this gahmen

This 59 year old came here in January bro. And when he is trying to go back to India this month, kanna tested as positive. 

So taken as local infection loh. Sinkies infected him! 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

13 minutes ago, Ttl1976 said:

WTF, why are we having SOUTH ASIA people coming in just to visit his son? I thought only allow SOUTH ASIA in to build BTO flats? 

Really WTF!!!

IMG-20210531-WA0021.jpg

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

This 59 year old came here in January bro. And when he is trying to go back to India this month, kanna tested as positive. 

So taken as local infection loh. Sinkies infected him! 😂

Can sue singapore govt? 😁

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Can sue singapore govt? 😁

If it's really proven true that he got infected here, its the ultimate irony.

At the first place, might as well hide in India safer. Come here to send his "best regards" to his dear son, ended up with Sinkie variant.  

• Haha! 3

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Too many possibilities for a positive case to show up as negative (lapses in tests, incubation period etc). Case in point, Changi prison inmate was swabbed a total of 7 times (all negative) and was then concluded to be positive on the 8th swab.

Yep I concur on the various possibilities. Generally, these wrong outcomes could be due to:

1) Incubation period

2) Test kit issues

3) User issues

Other than #1 above, #2 and #3 could be minimised by re-performing the same test a few times. #1 is the one which I think presents the biggest problem because it ranges from 2-3 days to 20+ days. We can potentially perform 100 tests on the same person but it will always show up a negative because he/she is still under the incubation period. That's a big if, if Science is able to provide us with a reliable test kit for individuals who are under the incubation period. If that is not possible, then the 20+ days quarantine plus testing will still be the default measure, which will hurt opening on the other hand. 

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
40 minutes ago, Ttl1976 said:

Really WTF!!!

IMG-20210531-WA0021.jpg

I think this the same case mentioned before, he came in Jan this year. But when departing Singapore (apparently from some FB comments, Singapore is more dangerous than India now) recently,  tested positive.  So should be classify as community rather than import case.

30 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

👍

Now, everyone is scrutinising the incoming. See if they still open the door big big or as they said, tightened liao

↡ Advertisement