COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Ender said:

Under the Special Access Route scheme, the criteria is the vaccine has to be on WHO EUL list. SO now it's up to the private medical centre to decide if they want to bring in, HSA just require you to sign consent form you discuss with the doctor and know the risk.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/moh-to-allow-other-covid-19-vaccines-through-private-sector-reviewing-mrna-jabs-for

Huh? already under WHO EUL list but still need to sign consent? Ask HSA if WHO EUL list is kelong one issit?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Didu said:

Go into the toilet cubicle when can no longer tahan. Then remove mask to revive yourself. Secure mask and return to seat when you feel human again.  [laugh]

I thought removing mask in toilet cubicle of airplane is high risk, no?

You might never know what the previous occupant of the cubicle was 'unloading'. That why China had anal swabs for covid tests, and there is sewage testing for covid detection. 

Supercharged
9 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Chinese-made vaccines are gold standard for them [laugh] After all, as far as can be seen, lots of their countrymen have been vaccinated with domestically-produced vaccines and the figures show it is effective. You can see now that PRC is in better shape than us now, ironically, since we are still having to wear masks everywhere - while over there they can crowd tourist attractions and go clubbing etc. - back to normal life.

I only want vaccine that jabbed once.  Any vaccine will do, as long jabbed once. Why want to jab so many times?

• Haha! 2

(edited)
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Nothing wrong what.

What's govt risk appetite?

like telling everyone fly to Dubai before fly to Singapore?

no need SHN some more … huat ah!

0DBA17A2-35CD-4B14-B7DF-A125FB24C8EE.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
11 minutes ago, Starry said:

I only want vaccine that jabbed once.  Any vaccine will do, as long jabbed once. Why want to jab so many times?

Only Johnson&Johnson.

Anyway, those people are shouting for Sinovac. Now that it's here, they will shout for Sinopharm...hahaha. 

• Haha! 3

14 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

like telling everyone fly to Dubai before fly to Singapore?

no need SHN some more … huat ah!

0DBA17A2-35CD-4B14-B7DF-A125FB24C8EE.jpeg

This just shows that govt has higher risk appetite than you and me.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Wondering if doctors will allow anyone who have had the Pfizer jabs Liao to again have the  Sinovac / Sinopharm vaccine or not lo ...

heard that with Sinovac , go China no need quarantine Liao ...

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

Wondering if doctors will allow anyone who have had the Pfizer jabs Liao to again have the  Sinovac / Sinopharm vaccine or not lo ...

Glad I am not the only one thinking about this 😀

• Haha! 3

10 hours ago, bsswan said:

Actually, I tend to disagree whereby the "new normal" that everybody calls it needs to be viewed as temporary, otherwise life, itself, will suck 5-10yrs from now.

Your #1 and #2 are temporary, even #3 to some extent if we see how many people don't take a flu shot.

The goal is to get back to normal, not rephrase what normal is. LHN's article with CNA yesterday was the same, trying to paint a picture that we all need to wear a mask and self test for years to come - I know Leong, I like him personally, but he's wrong. Such measures must be temporary, albeit 2, 3, 5, 7yrs whatever, but we don't accept this situation. We're better than that.

@Weez911 article from Israel goes most of the way to proving both the temporary nature of where we are, and that we're better than this.

Government and doctors in the region seem to only giving "worst case" here, completely opposite to EU and USA where they know, inherently, we are all better than this. Giving worst case all the time, really screws with people's mental wellbeing but, unfortunately, mental illnesses seems not so highly ranked regionally in comparison to, let's say, the economy.

I really hope I'm wrong and you are right eventually, that will be the best and we can finally lock and delete this thread for good.

Realistically, Singapore is really only as good as the situation in our neighboring countries and other countries globally. If we did get our shit together and get back to some form of normalcy, the truth is that this still isn't really a normal if the countries around us didn't control the situation. That's why I've feel 1 & 2 are almost going to be a regular occurrence.  

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Patriots rejoice!

Anyone of Singaporean birth patriotic to another country by virtue of skin colour is a traitor, not a patriot. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Hubwee said:

Ask the guys in HK.....many there, of the limited number jabbed, have taken both US and China types to allow worldwide travel.

Hypersonic
(edited)

820C2062-4897-4692-86E2-66B7FB08FAC6.jpeg

Sinovac take might as well don’t take...haha.

Sinopharm looks promising though.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

820C2062-4897-4692-86E2-66B7FB08FAC6.jpeg

Sinovac take might as well don’t take...haha.

Sinopharm looks promising though.

There are two type of sinopharm, one from wuhan lab the other from bejing lab. Wuhan lab's efficacy is around 72% and the Beijing one is around 78%.

I already received the SMS for my son, Polytechnic. But will put on hold  the decision for a while and see which private medical centre will bring in Sinopharm. I'm sure the demand is there for the other half the parents who have no give consent.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Ender said:

There's are two type of sinopharm, one from wuhan lab the other from bejing lab. Wuhan lab's efficacy is around 72% and the Beijing one is around 78%.

I already received the SMS for my son, Polytechnic. But will put on hold  the decision for a while and see which private medical centre will bring in Sinopharm. I'm sure the demand is there for the other half the parents who have no give consent.

Thanks for info, didn’t know about the 2 different type of Sinopharm.

↡ Advertisement