COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

31 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Certainly there are many conflicting opinions out there. But also real-world experience and data since many have been vaccinated whether with mRNA vaccine or dead-virus type vaccine.

Whoever produces an opinion should be carefully scrutinized whether or not they have any hidden undeclared interests with the pharma that produces the particular vaccine [laugh] Basic due diligence.

But this highlights a problem with many of SG's "authorities" - simply no expertise to come up with own research, make conclusions and decisions. Always must base their decisions on some international ang-moh country's authority and ride on their approval. Why this dependence after so many years of having world-class education system, we cannot produce our own experts to make decisions on our own? LTA is one good example of being unable to certify mods using their own expertise and judgement.

What makes you think we depend 100% on FDA or other health authorities and don't have our own experts to verify and review those data? 

• Praise 1

On 6/4/2021 at 3:51 PM, Fitvip said:

If they really listen, 还有希望!😁

不要希望, 就不会失望..

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
41 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

What makes you think we depend 100% on FDA or other health authorities and don't have our own experts to verify and review those data? 

Healthy don’t wear mask sounds familiar? 😁

Actually who’s the assperts in the panel?

• Haha! 3

5 hours ago, Didu said:

Apparently full PPE not enough when driver is in the same vehicle as the patient. Govt need to think out of the box. Driver drive tow truck with patient sitting in the towed vehicle.  😁

Actually caravan would be a better choice instead of those big passenger bus.

Turbocharged
58 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Do we run our own tests and research to verify the data? It seems like we merely take other people's data and quote it to justify decision-making. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Thailand sticking with plan to welcome vaccinated tourists in July

So need no quarantine when entering for those already received the jab, 

What about coming back? 2 or 3 weeks self paid quarantine in designated hotel? 

If yes, no go. Haiz.... 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Hamburger said:

If yes, no go. Haiz.... 

Guess it is still a One Sided Love Affair.. 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

If yes, no go. Haiz.... 

plan is 1 july for phuket and 1 oct to include other "tourist" areas like chonburi and bangkok .. but yes return still gave quarantine because i think in general the number of cases in thailand make it a relatively high risk area ..

i agree so long as either go or return have quarantine not many will bite ..

Twincharged

Today I spend my entire morning trying to figure out is it safe or not safe.

Sinovac

- not approved by HSA because information required from manufacturer not received and so there is safety concern.

- but approved for through paying private healthcare 

Personally, I think the current policy is to give people choices because there is a pent-up demand for alternative. But that said, safety should have and always be the priority over anything else.

Expressing my thoughts show media independence but there is a slight worry of getting demoted to captain. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
7 hours ago, Wt_know said:

isn't most of F1 races in 2020 & 2021 got no live spectators?

Depends on the host nation..2 weekends back..monaco GP had spectators..of course reduced headcount and controlled attendance lah..

Im watching the Baku GP now live on TV..not a single soul in sight..😁

Edited by Kyrios

Hypersonic
53 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Guess it is still a One Sided Love Affair.. 

一厢情愿..

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Mooose said:

plan is 1 july for phuket and 1 oct to include other "tourist" areas like chonburi and bangkok .. but yes return still gave quarantine because i think in general the number of cases in thailand make it a relatively high risk area ..

i agree so long as either go or return have quarantine not many will bite ..

5D4N at Phuket or BKK with  Singapore 21D Hotel stay package 🤪😁

Edited by Tohto
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged
19 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Today I spend my entire morning trying to figure out is it safe or not safe.

Sinovac

- not approved by HSA because information required from manufacturer not received and so there is safety concern.

- but approved for through paying private healthcare 

Personally, I think the current policy is to give people choices because there is a pent-up demand for alternative. But that said, safety should have and always be the priority over anything else.

Expressing my thoughts show media independence but there is a slight worry of getting demoted to captain. 

Haven't heard a lot of bad press about Sinovac side effects even though it is widely used in poorer countries. Unlike AZ.

And during initial vaccine roll out in early 2021, I had some conversations with acquaintance who is doctor, he thinks conservatively the dead virus route is a very safe one in terms of harmful short and long term effects, compared to RNA.

If now there are strong proponents who say the mutation has rendered the RNA vaccines useless, and govt diam diam, then maybe it is indeed a good and safe route.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Healthy don’t wear mask sounds familiar? 😁

Actually who’s the assperts in the panel?

Even Dr Tambiyah said so.

Outside of China, only Prof Yuan and 1 TW CDC had been to Wuhan in Jan 2020.
Both concluded that there is high risk human to human transmission.

Does any country bother with conclusion?

Other than HK, SK & TW, a lot of countries don’t bother to wear mask.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Do we run our own tests and research to verify the data? It seems like we merely take other people's data and quote it to justify decision-making. 

I don’t think any country will run their own trial on pharma vaccine.

Most countries take pharma data to assess.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Certainly there are many conflicting opinions out there. But also real-world experience and data since many have been vaccinated whether with mRNA vaccine or dead-virus type vaccine.

Whoever produces an opinion should be carefully scrutinized whether or not they have any hidden undeclared interests with the pharma that produces the particular vaccine [laugh] Basic due diligence.

But this highlights a problem with many of SG's "authorities" - simply no expertise to come up with own research, make conclusions and decisions. Always must base their decisions on some international ang-moh country's authority and ride on their approval. Why this dependence after so many years of having world-class education system, we cannot produce our own experts to make decisions on our own? LTA is one good example of being unable to certify mods using their own expertise and judgement.

Even article in The Lancet is subject to peer review before publication.

Your example on LTA may not be accurate as LTA could be unwilling to certify.

• Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Tohto said:

5D4N at Phuket or BKK with  Singapore 21D Hotel stay package 🤪😁

Singapore 21 days will set you back in average 3000 plus inclusive of tests. 14 days cost you 2400 plus. Sing dollars. .

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1