COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

45 minutes ago, Tohto said:

LHL last week's speech already highlight.

Now the direction is test, test, test. Extensive testing.  This is good.

Unlike Taiwan which is heavily under Test. 

1. jab jab jab 

2. test test test

3. quarantine quarantine quarantine

new normal ... :D 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

1. jab jab jab 

2. test test test

Yah. TW no test, no jab and can walk freely.

Edited by Tohto

Turbocharged
(edited)

Come on...reopen the gyms...lai lai lai..

When is Fathers Day btw?

Edited by Kyrios

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Tohto said:

LHL last week's speech already highlight.

Now the direction is test, test, test. Extensive testing.  This is good.

Unlike Taiwan which is heavily under Test. 

Yeah, good move.

It was unfortunate that our administration didn't react fast enough on 2 critical occasions where they could have reduce risk from some countries. I can forgive them for the 1st time but 2nd round was unacceptable. We are in this state because of the 2nd round.

However, I see all the right things (mostly) being done so far and some decisions are indeed difficult. Hopefully we get unlink cases down to single digits or even 0 within the next 2 weeks.

As fellow countryman, we should really join our efforts to make it work for Singapore. Remember those days in army when you were outfield and you can only count on those folks around you? It wasn't the number of route marches I've completed in full battle order that I'm proud of, it's the feeling of helping each other over a tough mission that I'm proud of.

We may be tiny and little but a few united can make a significant difference and we should be proud of it :grin:.

• Praise 5

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Yamapi said:

Community cases including unlinked dropped drastically for the past few days and  we see news of  hdb block residents required to be swapped. There are still hidden cases lurking in the community?

Last week of phase 2, so community cases will have miracle to drop. 😅 If not next week how?

Thinking when will gahment announce what will happen from 14 Jun? 🤔 Thurs or Fri?

Supercharged
8 hours ago, 13177 said:

Last week of phase 2, so community cases will have miracle to drop. 😅 If not next week how?

Thinking when will gahment announce what will happen from 14 Jun? 🤔 Thurs or Fri?

My guess is Wed or Thurs.

They need to give FnB businesses time to react for resuming eat-in. Includes increasing staffing levels, re-configuring table arrangement and also ordering more supplies. So a few working days will be needed.

• Praise 5

2 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

They need to give FnB businesses time to react for resuming eat-in. Includes increasing staffing levels, re-configuring table arrangement and also ordering more supplies. So a few working days will be needed.

really hope it will ease up and we can have dine in by next week even in small numbers ..

also good for the smaller businesses ..

but the worry always is that we continue to still have all these illegal ktv gatherings and blatant disregard of distancing rules .. catch all of them and let them contribute to nation building! 

• Praise 4

Supersonic
1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

So when they announced no dine-in measure that time, how many days in advance before it kicks in ah?  So roughly we should know when they will announced the new measures from 14 Jun this time lo. Actually other than F&B business, companies also need to react and inform their staff on the wfh measure. My boss is waiting for the gahment announcement to decide on the wfh arrangement next week. [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Mooose said:

really hope it will ease up and we can have dine in by next week even in small numbers ..

also good for the smaller businesses ..

but the worry always is that we continue to still have all these illegal ktv gatherings and blatant disregard of distancing rules .. catch all of them and let them contribute to nation building! 

I would guess high chance they will allowed dine-in next week since they always say our community cases are very stable?! Lol.

10 hours ago, CremornePt said:

Coming right up:

watched it last year..Covid-23...ok movie to past time

11 minutes ago, Dankoo said:

watched it last year..Covid-23...ok movie to past time

Classic over the top Hollywood cheese, but rolling it out during the middle of the same actual pandemic is an interesting touch...

Some of the elements are a little too relatable.

Lockdown week number 213?

100% WFH in 2024?

TT app to have a temperature sensor in 2022?

Stay inside.

Stay safe, sane & sanitised.

Supercharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

So when they announced no dine-in measure that time, how many days in advance before it kicks in ah?  So roughly we should know when they will announced the new measures from 14 Jun this time lo. Actually other than F&B business, companies also need to react and inform their staff on the wfh measure. My boss is waiting for the gahment announcement to decide on the wfh arrangement next week. [rolleyes]

You think they will immediately allow Return-To-Office?

12 hours ago, Wt_know said:

1. jab jab jab 

2. test test test

Quarantine, declare victory and open gates

repeat :grin:

Turbocharged
23 hours ago, bsswan said:

The problem so far has been reliance on one technology. Whilst it was good we eventually got the Moderna option to Pfizer, it's almost identical and doesn't actually provide that "Plan B" required.

Since the beginning, work should have been to approve two different technologies.

Some mistakes keep repeating themselves isn't it? 

the-big-read--singapore-has-been-buttres

Like the above :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2