COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Hypersonic
Just now, 13177 said:

Still dont know if they open 1/2 plus 6 or not lo. But seems quite pessimistic that dine-in should be able to do liao. Guess they cannot go back to phase 3 in this month, should 1/2 plus 6 at least for the remaining of Jun first. Next month should resume more or less like phase 3?

Eh harlo, you are the one so optimistic about being able to dine in come June 14th leh...:yuush:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 6/8/2021 at 3:52 PM, JanM said:

I have seen photographs from RSN recruitment posters where the crews wear the anti flash mask.  That would have been harder to wear than the surgical mask ?

Not that hard to wear once you are used to it. We wear it during defence and action stations only. Defence station = some threat. Action station = imminent threat.

There are perforated holes in the nose and mouth area so much easier to breathe than surgical mask. Its main purpose is to protect against fire.

However if you are working in the engine room or on the deck under the sun, you will feel very suffocating due to sweat causing the whole anti flash gear to be soaked. In the aircon areas, no hindrances. Only thing is that you will have a messy hair after wearing it for hours.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, Ender said:

I wonder did they test every single cases for the variant?

Ya lor but 67.6% is high man.

Coincidentally I read that the B1617 is 60% more transmissible than the UK variant.  

• Praise 2

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Mooose said:

looking good for easing of restrictions next week 😁

can make plans for going for a drink next week to celebrate haha

Like i said before, miraculously this week local cases suddenly like went down sharply. [rolleyes] Hopefully this is the real covid situation in our community?! Not because it is the last week of phase 2 heightening alert.

Just now, 13177 said:

Still dont know if they open 1/2 plus 6 or not lo. But seems quite pessimistic that dine-in should be able to do liao. Guess they cannot go back to phase 3 in this month, should 1/2 plus 6 at least for the remaining of Jun first. Next month should resume more or less like phase 3?

actually now what phase is not accurate anymore. only a few key point to take note.

1 :must wfh  or company free to decide on their own?

2: social activity how many allow?

3: can dine in or not?

i only care this 3 things . 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Eh harlo, you are the one so optimistic about being able to dine in come June 14th leh...:yuush:

Paiseh, my mind thinking of optimistic but finger type pessimistic. Guess my brain and my hand spoilt liao, cannot synchronize! [sweatdrop] [dizzy]

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

actually now what phase is not accurate anymore. only a few key point to take note.

agree agree!

only thing to add .. when can travel without quarantine ..

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Think these are the 3 things keep changing and need to follow since the start of this covid from last year until now. So my guess is from 14 Jun, wfh should continue if possible but maybe not default liao? Social activity for those high risk that need to take off mask, maybe still not allowed for another 1 week or so? Can dine-in but capacity reduce?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

49 minutes ago, Mooose said:

looking good for easing of restrictions next week 😁

can make plans for going for a drink next week to celebrate haha

Drinks with a friend is number one.

My days are just, this week, beginning to merge together and i have no idea which is which. It's definitely time for getting back to some structure, which would mean going back to the office on days my wife is off since she started back at JEM at the weekend (though still very quiet).

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
4 hours ago, Blueray said:

550 out of about 62,000 Covid-19 cases in Singapore infected with Delta variant

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/550-out-of-about-62000-covid-19-cases-in-singapore-infected-with-delta-variant

spin doctors at work already ... [:p]

550/62000 = 0.9% [scholar] what me worry ? [grin]

Should not be comparing with the 62,000 cases that occurred since Jan 2020.

That time there was NO such south... oops! ... Delta, variant, which is noted to be more infectious, existing in this whole world.

If want to compare, when did this Delta variant appear on our shores? Give chance, roll back one more month, say, February or March 2021?

Then start counting the total cases from THAT date. What's the true percentage??

The spin doctors have overspun... please try harder and think harder.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 9

(edited)
1 hour ago, bsswan said:

My days are just, this week, beginning to merge together and i have no idea which is which.

Truthfully, I've had this feeling, to some degree for the past 15 mths...

Pre-covid I travelled for business maybe 10-20 times/year.

Now, I'm not even sure I can remember most of the cabin announcements.

"And to all Singaporeans and residents of Singapore, a warm welcome home!" 😀

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, bsswan said:

Drinks with a friend is number one.

My days are just, this week, beginning to merge together and i have no idea which is which. It's definitely time for getting back to some structure, which would mean going back to the office on days my wife is off since she started back at JEM at the weekend (though still very quiet).

yes yes, wfh without getting out of the flat day in day out can drive me mad too 😄😄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
59 minutes ago, Mooose said:

yes yes, wfh without getting out of the flat day in day out can drive me mad too 😄😄

No la, even wfh you still can get out of the flat during lunch time lo.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

The key sentence is this:

On May 4, MOH said in a press release that there were 10 local cases infected with the Delta variant in Singapore.

May 4 - 10 cases

May 31 - 550 cases

So from May 4 to May 31, we have 540 cases of Delta variant right?

May 4 Covid cases - 61252

May 31 Covid cases - 62051

Covid cases from May 4 to May 31 - 799

Percentage of delta variant cases - 540/799 x 100 = 67.6%

Am I right?

You're right and thanks for the trouble. 

Delta variant contributed to 68% of the increment in new cases from 4th to 31st. 

Most people won't be bothered to analyse the figures for what they really are, and would think 550 Delta variant infections is a minor concern. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, CremornePt said:

Truthfully, I've had this feeling, to some degree for the past 15 mths...

Pre-covid I travelled for business maybe 10-20 times/year.

Now, I'm not even sure I can remember most of the cabin announcements.

"And to all Singaporeans and residents of Singapore, a warm welcome home!" 😀

Not quite been so bad. Been able to structure around boy's school schedule, wife working most weekends and a day or two to the office every week - I've always been allowed to operate full time from the office but good to split been water cooler and Netflix 😁

With school holidays now, kinda blown out the water.

I did enjoy the travel as well, every couple of weeks. My Krisflyer points now going to waste, good they keep extending validity but they'll be next to worthless when aviation restarts. The best part about my trips was always jumping in the cab at Changi and coming home on smooth streets, semi-sensible driving and relatively relaxed......but that might have been the gins.

Even when WfH stops, there's still nowhere to go. No ferry to Batam, bus to JB or drive up to KL, Malacca or Ipoh 🥺

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

The key sentence is this:

On May 4, MOH said in a press release that there were 10 local cases infected with the Delta variant in Singapore.

May 4 - 10 cases

May 31 - 550 cases

So from May 4 to May 31, we have 540 cases of Delta variant right?

May 4 Covid cases - 61252

May 31 Covid cases - 62051

Covid cases from May 4 to May 31 - 799

Percentage of delta variant cases - 540/799 x 100 = 67.6%

Am I right?

May 4 - 62,819

May 31 - 63,912

The difference is 1,093.

Take note that there are the case number could be lower.

For eg, go to May 5 announcement. There are no case 62,835 & 62,836.

Hypersonic
(edited)
18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

May 4 - 62,819

May 31 - 63,912

The difference is 1,093.

Take note that there are the case number could be lower.

For eg, go to May 5 announcement. There are no case 62,835 & 62,836.

Where do you get your May 4 and May 31 numbers?

I got it from here:

https://www-moh-gov-sg-admin.cwp.sg/docs/librariesprovider5/default-document-library/ceg_20210504_daily_report_on_covid-19.pdf

https://www.moh.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider5/local-situation-report/ceg_20210531_daily_report_on_covid-19.pdf

Edited by Fcw75

Hypersonic
44 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

You're right and thanks for the trouble. 

Delta variant contributed to 68% of the increment in new cases from 4th to 31st. 

Most people won't be bothered to analyse the figures for what they really are, and would think 550 Delta variant infections is a minor concern. 

My total number of cases might be wrong though.

↡ Advertisement