COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

3 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Not mandatory, is just an advice. The TT app may also show that you have a possible exposure. But if you feel your time spent at the mall is minimal or your risk is low, entirely up to you to go for swab or not. They will not come and chase you to go for swab. Don't ask me how i know [laugh]

Nothing happened anyway after more than 2 weeks, the TT alert cleared by itself.

The exposure?

I got that as well. No mention of swap test what ever. After two weeks the alert message disappeared by itself.😄

↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, Jman888 said:

you like to poke yourself?

Better my family & I in SHN then rather affecting many others to SHN.

Only self test will know best when not feeling well... :sick:

Go to clinic for test will cost around $200/- unless gov ask whole HDB block to test for free... :secret-laugh:

(edited)

27 yr old Malaysian didn't survive 2nd covid infection 4mths after the 1st infection. Really cannot treat covid lightly.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

This is a mandatory swab test and not based on voluntary, so people have no choice but to go do it even they dont like.

I have a friend who will avoid the swab test at all costs, cause nose is sensitive, so from the start of covid last year until this year never did one swab test before. But recently went to swab test due to compulsory swab test from moh, cause appear in JEM. 😂

Actually I kind of like it, can clean the nose at the same time :grin:

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Jellandross said:

27 yr old Malaysian didn't survive 2nd covid infection 4mths after the 1st infection. Really cannot treat covid lightly.

I still see a lot of old folks not wearing mask sitting at void decks, some eating, some talking :XD:

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Better my family & I in SHN then rather affecting many others to SHN.

Only self test will know best when not feeling well... :sick:

Go to clinic for test will cost around $200/- unless gov ask whole HDB block to test for free... :secret-laugh:

You go clinic tell the doctor you have cough or throat discomfort, confirm they do swab test on you, only cost $10 for respiratory symptoms. 😅

• Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I still see a lot of old folks not wearing mask sitting at void decks, some eating, some talking :XD:

Bao toh every last freaking one of them. Don't give chance. Fine away enough of their CPF they'll get the damn message. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Bao toh every last freaking one of them. Don't give chance. Fine away enough of their CPF they'll get the damn message. 

Too many of them, think those ambassadors also give up?! 😅 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

And smoking....

• Praise 1

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Blueray said:

New Covid-19 cluster at Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre; visitors from May 25 to June 12 to get free swab tests

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/new-covid-19-cluster-at-bukit-merah-view-market-and-food-centre-visitors-from-may-25-to

There are many clusters formed, how come they can still relax some of the phase 2 heightened alert measures le? Or even plan to relax even more measures?!

Hypersonic
27 minutes ago, 13177 said:

There are many clusters formed, how come they can still relax some of the phase 2 heightened alert measures le? Or even plan to relax even more measures?!

New normal.

• Haha! 2

New cluster at Bukit Merah market, all workers quarantined

All workers and tenants who worked in the 115 Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre from May 25 have been quarantined and will be swabbed, after four more cases were linked to form a new Covid-19 cluster there.

In addition, all workers and tenants who had been working in 116 Bukit Merah View from May 25 will be tested for Covid-19 as well "to disrupt any wider, undetected community transmission", said the Ministry of Health (MOH).

All visitors who went to the market and food centre as well as to shops at 116 Bukit Merah View between May 25 and Saturday will also be offered free Covid-19 tests, said MOH yesterday.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/new-cluster-at-bukit-merah-market-all-workers-quarantined

this escalated quite quickly 

On 6/12/2021 at 1:32 PM, bsswan said:

Endemic will not be a phase, it will be permanent, so we should only consist of three points.....

1. Vaccinate annually or, as required.

2. Stay home when feeling unwell and see a doctor.

3. Wear a mask if feeling unwell and when in public.

All normal stuff when spoken about a flu. We shouldn't need any more, remembering Zero-Case is a myth and we should not target a New Normal (a phrase I detest with every cell of my being), but instead target Normal. That's it, just Normal.

No disagreements here.

This is the standard playbook of pandemics.

We're all utterly fed up with this soul crushing pandemic.

What have we been doing for the past 15 mths...

Compensating for the things we can't do & using various daily coping mechanisms to keep life rolling along.

But we're really just treading water until we can get back to real life again, as human beings.

Face masks, mass testing, personal surveillance, social distancing, closed borders etc isn't "normal" in any sense of the word.

My worry is how & when endimicity with COVID will actually manifest.

Unlike flu epidemics, COVID doesn't seem to be a strictly seasonal disease. Almost a year & a half in, unlike previous respiratory pandemics, like Spanish Flu, which ended up just slowly disappearing (even without vaccines back then), COVID just doesn't show any signs of slowly fizzling out by itself, anywhere.

Only real way to control COVID seems to be through constant isolation and social distancing. Not good.

In such a dynamic, vaccines are an absolutely indispensable tool. But those have patchy global coverage.

Even in US & Europe, with widespread vaccination & rapidly falling infection rates, are we really clear on COVID's future spread? WIll the non-vaccinated present too large a target to keep circulation of infection under full control? (although at far fewer fatalities)

I think we'll have to see how the post-vaccine scenario really plays out over a 12 mth period before we can call the game.

I found this article interesting:

https://www.statnews.com/2021/05/19/how-the-covid-pandemic-ends-scientists-look-to-the-past-to-see-the-future/

There are some experts who are more cautious about the timeline. Historian John Barry, who wrote the definitive account of the Spanish flu, “The Great Influenza,” noted there are significant differences between Covid infection and transmission and influenza infection and transmission. The incubation period — the time from exposure to illness — is longer with Covid. People are sick for longer; they’re infectious for longer, too.

This is like influenza moving in very slow motion,” Barry said. Influenza pandemics have abrupt endings to their waves, with transmission dying out in any given location in a matter of weeks.

That has not been the case with Covid. Instead, human behavior — societal shutdowns and reopenings — appear to be driving patterns.

Lipsitch worries that the recent explosive waves in Brazil and India are reason for us to be wary about forecasts that a transition might be near. Both had experienced substantial transmission early in the pandemic, yet have been walloped by second waves triggered by mutated viruses, so-called variants of concern.

“I think we do have to have some account of how it’s taking this whole year with multiple waves and still there’s no real evidence that it’s ending on its own in any country. And I think that a slower natural history is probably a piece of it,” he said. “It’s been niggling at me.”

Cécile Viboud, an infectious diseases modeler who has extensively studied flu pandemics, also believes the pandemic ends with SARS-2 being endemic. But she’s not sure when.

“I’m trying to be cautious, because I’ve always been an optimist and during Covid-19 I’ve been proven wrong,” said Viboud, who is based at the National Institutes of Health’s Fogarty International Center.

She suggested it’s possible that the four seasonal coronaviruses, the ones that cause colds, were always milder than Covid. Or that SARS-2 will continue hurling variants at us — especially once it comes under pressure to evolve when large swathes of people are vaccinated. “So I think we have to be cautious. We only have like 15 months of data or something, right?”

Mike Ryan, head of the WHO’s Health Emergencies Program, agreed.

We don’t know where we are, because this is the first pandemic of a SARS coronavirus,” he said. “From my perspective, crystal-balling it … we’re not even close to the end of it.”