COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

I'm just wondering if this is the real reason for the recent resignation of the person who negotiated ceca 

If really want to blame the people who kick started the pivot to India, its Goh Chok Tong and George Yeo. LKY was still around then. 

Ah Heng was only in the picture at a later stage to negotiate revisions to CECA. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

52 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Unlinked mean not able to link which mean involved a lot of human hours in the tracing process.

Linked or unlinked merely terminology.

you said linked, he said linked, who to verify? :nosepick:

unfortunately, i really dun have much confidence in whatever they say.....or is it fortunately?

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

If really want to blame the people who kick started the pivot to India, its Goh Chok Tong and George Yeo. LKY was still around then. 

Ah Heng was only in the picture at a later stage to negotiate revisions to CECA. 

lao goh always wearing that indian suit.. must be dam proud wearing it

Edited by Nolicense
  • Haha! 7

(edited)
6 hours ago, Voodooman said:

IB said bo tai ji one. 

If you just pause to look at the statistic published on the MOH website, only 3 in ICU now despite all the doomsday scenario painted by a few here. Relax abit lah. I will panic only when those vaccinated start getting the severe symptoms and those warded in ICU faces sharp increase. The big difference from a year ago is we have the vaccines now which is still effective even for the mutated virus. Just be responsible and do your part can already.

You can choose to live your life base on facts or fear mongering. Is your life.

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

If you just pause to look at the statistic published on the MOH website, only 3 in ICU now despite all the doomsday scenario painted by a few here. Relax abit lah. I will panic only when those vaccinated start getting the severe symptoms and those warded in ICU faces sharp increase. The big difference from a year ago is we have the vaccines now which is still effective even for the mutated virus. Just be responsible and do your part can already.

Problem is that many are not responsible and not doing their part. Just look at the crowds out there today on a public holiday, in malls and parks. There's a video going around showing the situation at the shopping area around paya lebar mrt.

We can call it fear-mongering, but business owners live in real fear of being arbitrarily told to close even for something not of their doing. Good example is the gyms being told to stop operations till end of the month and now who knows when. Was there an outbreak or even a single positive case from any gym recently? Kind of a knee-jerk reaction. Airport being closed, I can perfectly understand why.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Somewhat1975 said:

E1QM1pMVEAA6QSn?format=png&name=900x900

This makes me nervous. Vaccine is the last hope and now this😭

Not forgetting that they are many times more exposed than General Public 

Turbocharged
On 5/12/2021 at 11:34 PM, Fcw75 said:

Bro, just remember this:

5E12DEC6-2D10-4222-B662-FEAF44DCD7E6.png

I like george carlin.

i was watching this and thought this may apply.

lets say the gahmen is not strictly self serving.. but think they are virtuous... 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Got 2 employees at ST Engineering kena. Others community cases are a student at Temasek Poly, employee at McDonald's at 744 Bedok Reservoir, tuition teacher at Learning Point,  a PHV driver who visited T3, Yio Chu Kang Pri Sch student, two maids, a homemaker, and more

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/24-new-cases-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection-13-may-2021-update

Edited by Raubern
  • Praise 4

58 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Not forgetting that they are many times more exposed than General Public 

Despite all these, only 3 ICU cases. 

Screenshot_20210514-000134_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7900d65dad7c971fae79eeb6a4318b7b.jpg

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Despite all these, only 3 ICU cases. 

Screenshot_20210514-000134_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7900d65dad7c971fae79eeb6a4318b7b.jpg

not sure if you follow india updates for indian variants

400k daily... it started with few k, then few 10s of k. 3 pax in icu can suddenly increase significantly

• Praise 2

Overall, the number of new cases in the community has increased from 48 cases in the week before to 71 cases in the past week. The number of unlinked cases in the community has increased from 7 cases in the week before to 15 cases in the past week. 

Unlinked case 7-day moving average 2.14 liao

Supercharged

Tot we have stopped those short term visit pass ? How come still have case 63123 who is here to visit his PR family member ....

He came in before we stop those passes or ??? 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Vegas said:

not sure if you follow india updates for indian variants

400k daily... it started with few k, then few 10s of k. 3 pax in icu can suddenly increase significantly

India is as good as not having  vaccine. We are seeing increase in cases, but not exponentially. And with no severe symptoms, would be like catching common flu. You scare of catching common flu? Do not be stubborn pls go jab if you are eligible do not be like some here. 

I  am not scare but still follow the instruction to be responsible citizen as i am mindful of those around me who have not been jabbed yet.

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Heartlander said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/stay-home-this-weekend-given-growing-covid-19-cases-in-the-community-masagos

copied from the news. "Singaporeans should remain in their homes over the weekend, going out only if necessary, because of the growing number of Covid-19 cases in the community, said Minister for Social and Family Development Masagos Zulkifli on Thursday (May 13)."

-------------------------------------------------------

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-visited-community-cases-ikea-malls-changi-airport-14803894

Copied from the news "There is no need to avoid places where confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been, added MOH."

Isn't these two contradicting reports spell of complacency all over on how the incumbent handle the situation.

If I read ST I should stay at home. If I read CNA (MOH) no need to avoid those places.

🤔

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Yamapi said:

T3 really super spreader location.... The list going on and on

The last time me and family visited T3 and jewel was during March School holiday. 

Twincharged
28 minutes ago, Kopites said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/stay-home-this-weekend-given-growing-covid-19-cases-in-the-community-masagos

copied from the news. "Singaporeans should remain in their homes over the weekend, going out only if necessary, because of the growing number of Covid-19 cases in the community, said Minister for Social and Family Development Masagos Zulkifli on Thursday (May 13)."

-------------------------------------------------------

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-visited-community-cases-ikea-malls-changi-airport-14803894

Copied from the news "There is no need to avoid places where confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been, added MOH."

Isn't these two contradicting reports spell of complacency all over on how the incumbent handle the situation.

If I read ST I should stay at home. If I read CNA (MOH) no need to avoid those places.

🤔

hahaha..... ST and CNA reallyyyyyy dont like each other....🤣

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
12 hours ago, Somewhat1975 said:

E1QM1pMVEAA6QSn?format=png&name=900x900

This makes me nervous. Vaccine is the last hope and now this😭

hmmm.... if only they also say what variant.... think thats quite important info.

↡ Advertisement