COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

(edited)
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

First time hear airport and jewel to close to public and now jem and westgate also same? 😓

last year declare CB ma ... whole city shutdown ... no need close building by building .... 

i recall during CB ... all "must" stay at home all the time ... go down ntuc buy grocery also cannot more than 2 pax ... 

all outdoor activity are banned ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

last year declare CB ma ... whole city shutdown ... no need close building by building .... 

i recall during CB ... all "must" stay at home all the time ... go down ntuc buy grocery also cannot more than 2 pax ... 

all outdoor activity are banned ... 

Maybe close building by building would not impact all businesses. Like last year CB business greatly got affected when all must closed?! 🙄

• Praise 4

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Yamapi said:

Jialat.... 3 shopping malls down + airport

Jewel and airport more jialat, closed for 1 month. Jem and westgate closed for 14 days.

Twincharged
40 minutes ago, Raubern said:

Jem and Westgate to close for 14 days from 23 May

MOH is investigating cases of COVID-19 infection amongst individuals who worked in or visited JEM and Westgate. We have conducted special testing operations for staff who worked in JEM and Westgate, and are extending free COVID-19 testing to all visitors to JEM and Westgate from 10 May to 14 May. There are 10 recent cases linked to the malls, of whom 4 were detected from the testing operations, which are still in progress.

Our epidemiological investigations have found that there is likely ongoing transmission among individuals who visited these malls. To break any potential chain of transmission and enable deep cleaning of the premises, JEM and Westgate shopping malls will be closed to all members of the public starting from 23 May 2021 and re-open 14 days later, on 6 June 2021. Members of the public will still be able to access Ng Teng Fong General Hospital through Westgate, and the office towers at these premises will remain open. All visitors to JEM and Westgate since 10 May are advised to monitor their health closely for 14 days from their date of visit. They are encouraged to visit a Regional Screening Centre or “Swab and Send Home” (SASH) Public Health Preparedness Clinic for a free COVID-19 test if they feel unwell.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/22-new-cases-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection_22MayUpdate

Even at very late at night on Saturday, government still make decision. 

It's good to do it as quickly as possible. Hopefully with these 2 malls closure for 2 weeks for deep cleaning will be able to break the transmission chain.

• Praise 4

(edited)
13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe close building by building would not impact all businesses. Like last year CB business greatly got affected when all must closed?! 🙄

Actually closing buildings is only shifting those asymptomatic or incubation period people to other malls or supermarkets to buy groceries and to other hwaker centres or coffeeshops to buy food. 

They must go for swabs asap. 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Even at very late at night on Saturday, government still make decision. 

It's good to do it as quickly as possible. Hopefully with these 2 malls closure for 2 weeks for deep cleaning will be able to break the transmission chain.

Measures can change very sudden and fast now, no see what time and which day. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Actually closing buildings is only shifting those asymptomatic or incubation period people to other malls or supermarkets to buy groceries and to other hwaker centres or coffeeshops to buy food. 

They should have already informed people to go for swabs. The closing of mall should be additional measure taken to play safe? 😂 Now must see if such measure help  or not?!

• Praise 1

Twincharged
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Measures can change very sudden and fast now, no see what time and which day. Lol.

Now there is a big problem. Those supermarket in Jem and Westgate gg. Imagine there will have many stock lay there for 2 weeks. Don't know whether meat, fruits and vegetables will go bad or not? Hopefully government to allow staff to load and transfer meat and vegetables and etc to other outlets. 

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Now there is a big problem. Those supermarket in Jem and Westgate gg. Imagine there will have many stock lay there for 2 weeks. Don't know whether meat, fruits and vegetables will go bad or not? Hopefully government to allow staff to load and transfer meat and vegetables and etc to other outlets. 

They likely will do transfer internally.....

But if the risk is high for perishable products. 

I believe they will write off those products. 

• Sad 1

Hypersonic

Jo Teo sibei heng ar, left MOM when finally got someone asked MOM to apologise. Her father was a lawyer, probably has his gene. Coz she kept all records of conversations and receipts and knows how to use it. Surprised ST didn't paywall this article, coz MOM looks bad. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mom-apologises-to-jade-rasif-for-facebook-post-that-said-her-account-of-maids-covid-19

MOM apologises to ex-DJ Jade Rasif for saying her account of maid's Covid-19 scare was 'inaccurate'

Natalie Tan

PUBLISHED

54 MIN AGO

FACEBOOKWHATSAPPTWITTER

SINGAPORE - The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has apologised to former DJ Jade Rasif for saying that her account of her domestic worker's Covid-19 scare was “inaccurate”.

In a Facebook post on Saturday night (May 22), MOM said it was retracting its point about Ms Rasif’s account and redacting the word “inaccurate” from its post last Monday. 

“We note that the use of the word ‘inaccurate’ and one of the points in our 17 May FB post could have portrayed Ms Rasif to be providing an inaccurate account on the Quarantine Order investigation,” the ministry said in its post.

“She shared with us that this had affected her negatively. We would like to extend our apologies to her for this.”

Ms Rasif’s posts on Instagram and Facebook last Sunday detailed how her domestic helper had been discharged on her third day of stay-home notice (SHN), only to test positive for Covid-19 two weeks later on April 30. 

She had raised concerns about whether it was safe for her domestic worker to be released early from SHN, and questioned why she herself had not been put under quarantine.

MOM had initially disputed Ms Rasif’s claim that police officers had called her saying she was under investigation for breaching a quarantine order. The ministry had also said she could not be under investigation as she was never issued a quarantine order.

Ms Rasif then posted Instagram stories last Thursday with screenshots and audio recordings of communications between her and MOM that appeared to contradict parts of MOM’s May 17 statement.

She included a recording of a phone call in which a man, whom Ms Rasif said was MOM “management”, can be heard laughing after Ms Rasif raises concerns about the ministry’s statement.

MOM’s post on Saturday said: “We understand that the police have since clarified with Ms Rasif on the purpose of their calls, and that she is not being investigated for any breach of quarantine orders.”

The ministry also retracted its claim that it had reached out to Ms Rasif’s family on a complaint made against an ambulance driver, whom Ms Rasif alleged had texted her an expletive.

It also said it had called Ms Rasif and discussed the way its officers had handled a call with her last Tuesday.

In its Facebook post last Monday, MOM explained that Ms Rasif’s domestic worker was assessed to be a recovered Covid-19 patient and no longer infectious. She was discharged from isolation on May 9.

Ms Rasif, who is a healthcare worker, told The Straits Times: “I feel vindicated... I’m very satisfied with the apology, and their statement. I’m very happy that MOM is actually looking into things and looking to tighten (its processes). 

"I can (now) move on with my life, hopefully in peace. I have never called out the Government, and I have no intention of doing so going forward."

• Praise 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

The malls are linked to the nearby hospital. Could be that this is the concern.

Can imagine hospital staff and visitors also cross over to the malls for meals. So is good to close the malls temporarily until things are settled

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, RadX said:

Lai liao

0F75B65E-9EEA-49BD-8BF4-6D847F49240F.jpeg

Very obvious, if next 2-3 weeks numbers continued to be bad, CB 2.0. No need simi test balloons, saying it as it is. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

6 hours ago, Sosaria said:

I took the pfizer vaccine myself but know of others had side-effects, some are minor stuff like headaches but for a person who hardly gets headaches??

Basically mRNA vaccine is still quite new and much of the longer term effects are not yet known. I know some people who are apprehensive and either chose not to get the vaccine or said they will forgo the booster shot if offered again next time. And there's even more apprehension now that there's a plan to vaccinate the children.

I just wish that we had a choice between mRNA and traditional dead-virus vaccine, then maybe that'd persuade more people to get vaccinated and feel more at ease with their choice.

9748B665-9D54-4396-95F0-09FF48E507CF.png

5 hours ago, Ender said:

Jo Teo sibei heng ar, left MOM when finally got someone asked MOM to apologise. Her father was a lawyer, probably has his gene. Coz she kept all records of conversations and receipts and knows how to use it. Surprised ST didn't paywall this article, coz MOM looks bad. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mom-apologises-to-jade-rasif-for-facebook-post-that-said-her-account-of-maids-covid-19

MOM apologises to ex-DJ Jade Rasif for saying her account of maid's Covid-19 scare was 'inaccurate'

Natalie Tan

PUBLISHED

54 MIN AGO

FACEBOOKWHATSAPPTWITTER

SINGAPORE - The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has apologised to former DJ Jade Rasif for saying that her account of her domestic worker's Covid-19 scare was “inaccurate”.

In a Facebook post on Saturday night (May 22), MOM said it was retracting its point about Ms Rasif’s account and redacting the word “inaccurate” from its post last Monday. 

“We note that the use of the word ‘inaccurate’ and one of the points in our 17 May FB post could have portrayed Ms Rasif to be providing an inaccurate account on the Quarantine Order investigation,” the ministry said in its post.

“She shared with us that this had affected her negatively. We would like to extend our apologies to her for this.”

Ms Rasif’s posts on Instagram and Facebook last Sunday detailed how her domestic helper had been discharged on her third day of stay-home notice (SHN), only to test positive for Covid-19 two weeks later on April 30. 

She had raised concerns about whether it was safe for her domestic worker to be released early from SHN, and questioned why she herself had not been put under quarantine.

MOM had initially disputed Ms Rasif’s claim that police officers had called her saying she was under investigation for breaching a quarantine order. The ministry had also said she could not be under investigation as she was never issued a quarantine order.

Ms Rasif then posted Instagram stories last Thursday with screenshots and audio recordings of communications between her and MOM that appeared to contradict parts of MOM’s May 17 statement.

She included a recording of a phone call in which a man, whom Ms Rasif said was MOM “management”, can be heard laughing after Ms Rasif raises concerns about the ministry’s statement.

MOM’s post on Saturday said: “We understand that the police have since clarified with Ms Rasif on the purpose of their calls, and that she is not being investigated for any breach of quarantine orders.”

The ministry also retracted its claim that it had reached out to Ms Rasif’s family on a complaint made against an ambulance driver, whom Ms Rasif alleged had texted her an expletive.

It also said it had called Ms Rasif and discussed the way its officers had handled a call with her last Tuesday.

In its Facebook post last Monday, MOM explained that Ms Rasif’s domestic worker was assessed to be a recovered Covid-19 patient and no longer infectious. She was discharged from isolation on May 9.

Ms Rasif, who is a healthcare worker, told The Straits Times: “I feel vindicated... I’m very satisfied with the apology, and their statement. I’m very happy that MOM is actually looking into things and looking to tighten (its processes). 

"I can (now) move on with my life, hopefully in peace. I have never called out the Government, and I have no intention of doing so going forward."

3BEB79C4-6F6F-4C05-A399-7B64DF9131C3.jpeg

2B386129-968E-43F4-8D68-56902B483CFA.jpeg

• Haha! 2

goes to show standards of 4G been dropping.

some might say,  who dont make mistakes. that's  true

but, when you collect the highest salary in the world as a politician. you aint allowed to make mistakes,  you need to be on point, every time.

Screenshot_20210523-071359_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dd7a8615c5fae80f7f7e4567d23159a2.jpg

• Praise 4

On 5/21/2021 at 5:31 PM, Tkseah said:

Again, they give you a carrot, you will pay them a farm of carrots back.

If they were really compassionate about things they would give an hour or so grace period instead of a measly 20 minutes.

What if the person need to shit after he got his food then how? 🙄

↡ Advertisement