COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Twincharged
27 minutes ago, Brass said:

Again, they give you a carrot, you will pay them a farm of carrots back.

If they were really compassionate about things they would give an hour or so grace period instead of a measly 20 minutes.

What if the person need to shit after he got his food then how? 🙄

Then this will forever be never ending, coz people will then start to demand more and more.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

6 hours ago, Ender said:

Jo Teo sibei heng ar, left MOM when finally got someone asked MOM to apologise. Her father was a lawyer, probably has his gene. Coz she kept all records of conversations and receipts and knows how to use it. Surprised ST didn't paywall this article, coz MOM looks bad. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mom-apologises-to-jade-rasif-for-facebook-post-that-said-her-account-of-maids-covid-19

MOM apologises to ex-DJ Jade Rasif for saying her account of maid's Covid-19 scare was 'inaccurate'

Natalie Tan

PUBLISHED

54 MIN AGO

FACEBOOKWHATSAPPTWITTER

SINGAPORE - The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has apologised to former DJ Jade Rasif for saying that her account of her domestic worker's Covid-19 scare was “inaccurate”.

In a Facebook post on Saturday night (May 22), MOM said it was retracting its point about Ms Rasif’s account and redacting the word “inaccurate” from its post last Monday. 

“We note that the use of the word ‘inaccurate’ and one of the points in our 17 May FB post could have portrayed Ms Rasif to be providing an inaccurate account on the Quarantine Order investigation,” the ministry said in its post.

“She shared with us that this had affected her negatively. We would like to extend our apologies to her for this.”

Ms Rasif’s posts on Instagram and Facebook last Sunday detailed how her domestic helper had been discharged on her third day of stay-home notice (SHN), only to test positive for Covid-19 two weeks later on April 30. 

She had raised concerns about whether it was safe for her domestic worker to be released early from SHN, and questioned why she herself had not been put under quarantine.

MOM had initially disputed Ms Rasif’s claim that police officers had called her saying she was under investigation for breaching a quarantine order. The ministry had also said she could not be under investigation as she was never issued a quarantine order.

Ms Rasif then posted Instagram stories last Thursday with screenshots and audio recordings of communications between her and MOM that appeared to contradict parts of MOM’s May 17 statement.

She included a recording of a phone call in which a man, whom Ms Rasif said was MOM “management”, can be heard laughing after Ms Rasif raises concerns about the ministry’s statement.

MOM’s post on Saturday said: “We understand that the police have since clarified with Ms Rasif on the purpose of their calls, and that she is not being investigated for any breach of quarantine orders.”

The ministry also retracted its claim that it had reached out to Ms Rasif’s family on a complaint made against an ambulance driver, whom Ms Rasif alleged had texted her an expletive.

It also said it had called Ms Rasif and discussed the way its officers had handled a call with her last Tuesday.

In its Facebook post last Monday, MOM explained that Ms Rasif’s domestic worker was assessed to be a recovered Covid-19 patient and no longer infectious. She was discharged from isolation on May 9.

Ms Rasif, who is a healthcare worker, told The Straits Times: “I feel vindicated... I’m very satisfied with the apology, and their statement. I’m very happy that MOM is actually looking into things and looking to tighten (its processes). 

"I can (now) move on with my life, hopefully in peace. I have never called out the Government, and I have no intention of doing so going forward."

She got ask apology? Why they apologize?

gping by J Teo, NOBODY ASK for apology one… chey

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

Twincharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

3BEB79C4-6F6F-4C05-A399-7B64DF9131C3.jpeg

2B386129-968E-43F4-8D68-56902B483CFA.jpeg

Actually from what I see is that if authorities realised that they are wrong or incorrect, they will admit and apologize. However if the other way round, if kanna accused for wrong doing or treat people badly and etc and after investigation found out it is not that case, then they will want the one who put up the comment or partial video showing one side of it to retract their statement. 

Hypersonic

All about economy isn’t it when PAP said MUST open the borders?

Now with more malls closing creating a lot of inconveniences for the retailers esp those with perishable stock like NTUC and Don Don Donki and affecting citizens’ lives and all the chain effect, the economy is heading nowhere too with the impending CB2.0.

Overestimate their capability and underestimate B1617...ccb pap.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

Twincharged
Just now, Fcw75 said:

Good news I guess.

Two COVID-19 shots effective against B16172 variant from India: English health body
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/two-covid-19-shots-effective-against-india-variant-14867452

If that's the case, hopefully in future it could be treated like normal flu as long as all population get vaccinated. But then there is a problem, what if there are people who are unable to take vaccination due to severe allergic reactions?

7 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

If that's the case, hopefully in future it could be treated like normal flu as long as all population get vaccinated. But then there is a problem, what if there are people who are unable to take vaccination due to severe allergic reactions?

They will get sick and some will die. No different from common flu which probably kills about 60k in USA each year. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Very obvious, if next 2-3 weeks numbers continued to be bad, CB 2.0. No need simi test balloons, saying it as it is. 

Thought oyk said something like the covid cases here quite stable? already? Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Thought oyk said something like the covid cases here quite stable? already? Lol.

Ah Ong better diam diam as Minister of Health seriously and don't be so cocksure. Every time he say travel bubble on the way, sure pop one. Now as Health Minister, don't suka suka say numbers stable, later numbers pop then he know...😅

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Haha! 11

Twincharged
6 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Ah Ong better diam diam as Minister of Health seriously and don't be so cocksure. Every time he say travel bubble on the way, sure pop one. Now as Health Minister, don't suka suka say numbers stable, later numbers pop then he know...😅

Then when reporter or people asked him what he think of the covid-19 situation now. What can he say? He still need to asker to people who ask him that question right?

Hypersonic
7 hours ago, Ender said:

Jo Teo sibei heng ar, left MOM when finally got someone asked MOM to apologise. Her father was a lawyer, probably has his gene. Coz she kept all records of conversations and receipts and knows how to use it. Surprised ST didn't paywall this article, coz MOM looks bad. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mom-apologises-to-jade-rasif-for-facebook-post-that-said-her-account-of-maids-covid-19

MOM apologises to ex-DJ Jade Rasif for saying her account of maid's Covid-19 scare was 'inaccurate'

Natalie Tan

PUBLISHED

54 MIN AGO

FACEBOOKWHATSAPPTWITTER

SINGAPORE - The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has apologised to former DJ Jade Rasif for saying that her account of her domestic worker's Covid-19 scare was “inaccurate”.

In a Facebook post on Saturday night (May 22), MOM said it was retracting its point about Ms Rasif’s account and redacting the word “inaccurate” from its post last Monday. 

“We note that the use of the word ‘inaccurate’ and one of the points in our 17 May FB post could have portrayed Ms Rasif to be providing an inaccurate account on the Quarantine Order investigation,” the ministry said in its post.

“She shared with us that this had affected her negatively. We would like to extend our apologies to her for this.”

Ms Rasif’s posts on Instagram and Facebook last Sunday detailed how her domestic helper had been discharged on her third day of stay-home notice (SHN), only to test positive for Covid-19 two weeks later on April 30. 

She had raised concerns about whether it was safe for her domestic worker to be released early from SHN, and questioned why she herself had not been put under quarantine.

MOM had initially disputed Ms Rasif’s claim that police officers had called her saying she was under investigation for breaching a quarantine order. The ministry had also said she could not be under investigation as she was never issued a quarantine order.

Ms Rasif then posted Instagram stories last Thursday with screenshots and audio recordings of communications between her and MOM that appeared to contradict parts of MOM’s May 17 statement.

She included a recording of a phone call in which a man, whom Ms Rasif said was MOM “management”, can be heard laughing after Ms Rasif raises concerns about the ministry’s statement.

MOM’s post on Saturday said: “We understand that the police have since clarified with Ms Rasif on the purpose of their calls, and that she is not being investigated for any breach of quarantine orders.”

The ministry also retracted its claim that it had reached out to Ms Rasif’s family on a complaint made against an ambulance driver, whom Ms Rasif alleged had texted her an expletive.

It also said it had called Ms Rasif and discussed the way its officers had handled a call with her last Tuesday.

In its Facebook post last Monday, MOM explained that Ms Rasif’s domestic worker was assessed to be a recovered Covid-19 patient and no longer infectious. She was discharged from isolation on May 9.

Ms Rasif, who is a healthcare worker, told The Straits Times: “I feel vindicated... I’m very satisfied with the apology, and their statement. I’m very happy that MOM is actually looking into things and looking to tighten (its processes). 

"I can (now) move on with my life, hopefully in peace. I have never called out the Government, and I have no intention of doing so going forward."

MOM?  I clap my hands so hard and so fast until now I cannot move them... 

This MOM,  just because they hold most ppl by their balls because of manpower,  thinks they are all strong and mighty.  Want this want that but never totally clear, you ask them something not in their list of "everything there", which clearly is not,  they will just throw it back at you.  

KNN,  the part I hated most is,  they almost always will end with " if this and this is not fulfill by this and that date,  your workers permit will be cancel/revoke."

Instead of helping,  they threaten,  really CCB. 

Next election, I going to write to my MP,  and tell them to do this and do that by this date,  otherwise I will start a campaign to vote against him,  sign off by telling him MOM teach me one....  <_<[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 9

Quite a clear sign, the hardware breaking down liao… all these lapses and fallouts

• Praise 5

Twincharged
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

MOM?  I clap my hands so hard and so fast until now I cannot move them... 

This MOM,  just because they hold most ppl by their balls because of manpower,  thinks they are all strong and mighty.  Want this want that but never totally clear, you ask them something not in their list of "everything there", which clearly is not,  they will just throw it back at you.  

KNN,  the part I hated most is,  they almost always will end with " if this and this is not fulfill by this and that date,  your workers permit will be cancel/revoke."

Instead of helping,  they threaten,  really CCB. 

Next election, I going to write to my MP,  and tell them to do this and do that by this date,  otherwise I will start a campaign to vote against him,  sign off by telling him MOM teach me one....  <_<[laugh][laugh]

Ya lor. Actually with the restriction of Indian fw. Government should also help in terms of like if current fw is already here and they do not have covid-19. Make full use of it and if for whatever reasons unable to fulfill certain requirements by certain date, instead of cancel/revoke work permit, why not ask these companies how can we help them to be able to fulfill these requirements and how long more is needed.

It does not make sense that these current fw here who is able to do the hard labour jobs and being sent back home with government regulations. If government regulations involved safety concern, then okay reasonable. If the government regulations is just to cover backside or purely for paperwork, then the priority is wrong already Lao leh. Now is tackling shortage of fw manpower and covid-19 situation. If can temporarily put aside cover backside paperwork and free up companies doing things with the limited amount of manpower so be it as long as it does not involved safety concern can already ma.

Edited by Yewheng

14 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

https://mothership.sg/2021/05/pasir-ris-blk-559-swab-test/

Now pasir ris BLK 559 whole block of residents will need to do swap test..

IF you read between the lines, it would simply mean that the chains of transmission are getting ahead of the contact tracers. That is why blunt tools (localized lockdown) like closing Jem, Westgate, Jewel, Terminal 3 (landside) and now swabbing entire blocks of HDBs are required. 

Final card will be nationwide lockdown. Those in the know, will know.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9