COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

1 minute ago, Macrosszero said:

I say this because someone wanted to buy my HWZ account some years back - and it’s one that was registered a long time back and was hardly active save for buying and selling IT-related goods. With my posting history here, I’m sure this account is heaps more valuable…… right?

U mean ur posting “notoriety “

😂😂

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

This thread is so active is a piece of good news.

*Good* news?!

I would sure rather this thread ended up being locked with...

"COVID crisis finally over. Yay! The End!"

(followed by: To continue complaining about gahmen, use separate thread...😀)

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

*Good* news?!

I would sure rather this thread ended up being locked with...

"COVID crisis finally over. Yay! The End!"

(followed by: To continue complaining about gahmen, use separate thread...😀)

That's the best NEWS.

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Step aside guys.

Mine Hypersonic, available for sale too.

:grin:

Come with Ignored users already, for your pleasant viewing. 

Tiu you don’t come spoil market

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, RadX said:

U mean ur posting “notoriety “

😂😂

Shhhhh. All the time spent on banal posts in EDMW must surely come back as investment 

(edited)

What kind of answer is this?

300 unvaccinated COVID-19 cases in current outbreak vs 78 vaccinated: Ong Ye Kung

Question: Whether the new B1617 coronavirus variant from India is "airborne and very contagious"?

Answer: Regarding the B1617 variant, Mr Ong said the strain's modes of transmission are not unlike COVID-19 in general, which has always been spread when a person "coughs, sneezes, talks or sings, through droplets and aerosols in the air".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-vaccination-effectiveness-moh-ong-ye-kung-14869342

minister-for-health-oyk-speaks-at-mtf-pr

Edited by Jellandross
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Jellandross said:

300 unvaccinated COVID-19 cases in current outbreak vs 78 vaccinated: Ong Ye Kung

Question: Whether the new B1617 coronavirus variant from India is "airborne and very contagious"?

Answer: Regarding the B1617 variant, Mr Ong said the strain's modes of transmission are not unlike COVID-19 in general, which has always been spread when a person "coughs, sneezes, talks or sings, through droplets and aerosols in the air".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-vaccination-effectiveness-moh-ong-ye-kung-14869342

Complete answer

"COVID-19 has always been spread when a person coughs, sneezes, talks or sings, through droplets and aerosols in the air. Same for the B.1.617 variant. Risk of transmission is multi-factorial. Limited airflow and poor ventilation worsens spread. Large majority of infections are in enclosed places with close interactions without masks. Hence we closed restaurants and big gatherings. Which is also why a big proportion of infections now actually come from home. To protect your family members, see a doctor immediately if unwell."

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Someone compiled a list of extended grace period for free parking in shopping malls during this heighten alert measures. So yeah.. 

Screenshot_2021-05-23-16-57-15-15.thumb.jpg.234214aafab7752457a0d9fea5210c09.jpgScreenshot_2021-05-23-16-57-22-79.thumb.jpg.b8655e46ed2c5cbed042e27a0dcaae98.jpg

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

When one is not train in such field but maybe just brief abt current situation what answer can we expect wor..

Such news conference how real or not i oso dunno.. just like my townhall everything is scripted and planted.. 🤣

• Haha! 3

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Complete answer

"COVID-19 has always been spread when a person coughs, sneezes, talks or sings, through droplets and aerosols in the air. Same for the B.1.617 variant. Risk of transmission is multi-factorial. Limited airflow and poor ventilation worsens spread. Large majority of infections are in enclosed places with close interactions without masks. Hence we closed restaurants and big gatherings. Which is also why a big proportion of infections now actually come from home. To protect your family members, see a doctor immediately if unwell."

Its like asking if an orange taste different from apple. And the answer given is orange and apple are both fruits so they both got fruit taste. 

I'm not sure if my expectation of a health minister is too high.

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

78:300 (roughly 1:4) sounds good until u realize our ratio of vaccinated to unvaccinated is a mere 25% aka 1:3. Like boh effect for stopping transmission or am I wrong

Any stats expert can tell us what would be a good ratio for a "95% effective" vaccine? 

Edited by yishunite
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

My account is for sale - PM me

Selling my Nick.

Any liverpool fans interested? 😄

• Haha! 1

56 minutes ago, Tohto said:

3 unlinked. 1 dorm.

Singapore reports 21 new COVID-19 cases in the community, 1 dormitory infection

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-cases-community-cluster-dormitory-moh-may-23-unlinked-14869210

I'm not too worried about another explosion within the dormitories this time, because of the fact that some had been vaccinated and RRT (Rostered Routine Testing) have been ongoing within the dormitories all this while. But, fingers crossed, I'm sincerely hoping things will turn out well. 

• Praise 6

26 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

When one is not train in such field but maybe just brief abt current situation what answer can we expect wor..

Such news conference how real or not i oso dunno.. just like my townhall everything is scripted and planted.. 🤣

This answer was posted on his FB

↡ Advertisement