COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

23 minutes ago, yishunite said:

78:300 (roughly 1:4) sounds good until u realize our ratio of vaccinated to unvaccinated is a mere 25% aka 1:3. Like boh effect for stopping transmission or am I wrong

Any stats expert can tell us what would be a good ratio for a "95% effective" vaccine? 

Statistics Guru! Wait they pofma u and claim vaccinated is 25.1% and not 25%.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
19 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Selling my Nick.

Any liverpool fans interested? 😄

Get inline bro...<_<

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Only a few groupthink members talking shiok is good news? If only more members to join in the discussion. Always same few members with same opinions.

Don't shoot me hor. Just pointing out the obvious.

I support!!!  [thumbsup]

After all I am the grand IB,  great mouth piece of my master!!!  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

mmmmm ya all the possibilities..

Another possibility is uncle go downstair steal eat! like my colleague used to say i go 9th storey drink soup! whahahahahaha..

隔壁老王??? [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

What kind of answer is this?

300 unvaccinated COVID-19 cases in current outbreak vs 78 vaccinated: Ong Ye Kung

Question: Whether the new B1617 coronavirus variant from India is "airborne and very contagious"?

Answer: Regarding the B1617 variant, Mr Ong said the strain's modes of transmission are not unlike COVID-19 in general, which has always been spread when a person "coughs, sneezes, talks or sings, through droplets and aerosols in the air".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-vaccination-effectiveness-moh-ong-ye-kung-14869342

minister-for-health-oyk-speaks-at-mtf-pr

If COVID-19 in general, which has always been spread when a person "coughs, sneezes, talks or sings, through droplets and aerosols in the air".

Then isn't wearing mask the best protection against the spread from beginning? If so, why they keep saying (in the beginning) that we do not need to wear a mask unless we are sick? 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Sorry hor, according to this gentleman, the nasi padang madam business can collapse for all he care..definitely no warmth here

IMG-20210523-WA0001.jpg

Sigh ...different perspective. Can't be bother with him.

I am sure many here won't be concern with 10 cents /50 cents. Just let the hawker keep the change.

Up until 13 June?

• Praise 1

Just ignore that silly POS. SME is our biggest employers, hiring 65% of workforce and contributed 49% of total GDP. Keeping SIA alive and keeping border open are 2 different things. This guy is a derp. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Sigh ...different perspective. Can't be bother with him.

I am sure many here won't be concern with 10 cents /50 cents. Just let the hawker keep the change.

Up until 13 June?

Hopefully this no dine-in measure only until 13 Jun. If not some eatery really gone case.

• Sad 1

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Up until 13 June?

For now yes... still early to say..

u see Malaysia cases keep going up n up.. today almost 7000 cases..

Supercharged
4 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Errr.. All i know Singapore Sewer/drainage pipe need to have a S trap to trap the smell.. trap virus i not sure it works..

Long long time ago in China is straight pipe even in some high end hotel.. the smell really cannot tahan.. HK system i not sure..

Hopefully with such trap it keeps the virus where it shld be.. if not I need to be like my dog liao.. pee and shit on Newspaper! whahahahaha..

S trap is mandatory in most countries like West to ensure no leakage of dangerous sewage gases (methane) back to household.

Even toliet bowls have their own built-in S trap.

6 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

For now yes... still early to say..

u see Malaysia cases keep going up n up.. today almost 7000 cases..

Msia different.

There is no political capital to implement harsh measures 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Better take the boys to the Indian barber just in case.

Oh very sorry I mean the South Asian barber.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 4

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

I'm not too worried about another explosion within the dormitories this time, because of the fact that some had been vaccinated and RRT (Rostered Routine Testing) have been ongoing within the dormitories all this while. But, fingers crossed, I'm sincerely hoping things will turn out well. 

If there is explosion of dormitories this time round, it's will also a good time to conduct trial to see hows the effect of vaccinated fw and see the trend. If the result shows majority or all of time no need to be hospitalised. Then it would be a good news and can then plan ahead based on this piece of information to ensure safe overseas travel and also have more predictability in terms on less changes here and there on the covid-19 situation for businesses.

So, Sin will fly back PR. Then, India bring back their citizens (Sin PR). Then Sin bring back these PR. Back and forth? Can?

• Haha! 3

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

The only data I need is how many passengers arrived from India between Dec 2020 to May 2021. That is the duration of the world knowing about the B1617 variant.

The rest are just good quality smoke bombs.

Edited by Weez911
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 1