COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Twincharged
31 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Some majors in Taiwan suggested to wear mask at home if more than 3 members [sweatdrop]

What if... sexually transmitted too....🤣

Then pp must wear "mask" too... some religions cannot wear mask at pp too 🤣🤣

↡ Advertisement

18 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

"23 were asymptomatic and were discovered through proactive testing"

I bet if they test US and Europe people, many will also be positive. 

Positive, yeah, so?

Provided asymptomatic and the majority of people around are vaccinated, we go about as normal as we used to. Travel between countries of the same "safety" should be freely possible.

(edited)

this is the future world 

stay home, jack in, get online, release the kraken

let your avatar or surrogate to go out 

it's a better, faster, safer version of you ... can work can anyhow piak no disease

until someone hack into your system ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

It’s true.

Those who have no symptoms but tested positive are not counted as the number of cases.

https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/china-officials-exclude-asymptomatic-covid-19-carriers-data

I've always wondered about them being Corona free... too huge a country to be so "clean".

It's also easy... or not impossible... to go from excluding asymptomatic to reclassification of illness and cause of death. 🤔... not saying they doing that,  but if any could or would.. ..

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, Playtime said:

I've always wondered about them being Corona free... too huge a country to be so "clean".

It's also easy... or not impossible... to go from excluding asymptomatic to reclassification of illness and cause of death. 🤔... not saying they doing that,  but if any could or would.. ..

It’s 中国 bro.

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
25 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I remember reading somewhere before China did not add those asymptomatic numbers into their daily count.

21 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

It’s true.

Those who have no symptoms but tested positive are not counted as the number of cases.

https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/china-officials-exclude-asymptomatic-covid-19-carriers-data

I asked this before, do we want to consider someone who is asymptomatic as being ill? Coz this person does not need treatment. 

All of us carries some kind bacteria and viruses, . Most of us still have lingering chicken pox virus ready to come back as shingles in later life when our immune system gets weaker. But we don't consider our being sick from chicken pox.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Ender said:

I asked this before, do we want to consider someone who is asymptomatic as being ill? Coz this person does not need treatment. 

All of us carries some kind bacteria and viruses, . Most of us still have lingering chicken pox virus ready to come back as shingles in later life when our immune system gets weaker. But we don't consider our being sick from chicken pox.

For those Influenza A & B jab, after the jab will still possible to get it. Just that it is so mute that you don't feel it.

I believe some form of test will review the person actually got it already and just asymptomatic.

This might be the same case for Covid. The issue is how often we need to repeat a Covid vaccination, currently there is no data.

10 minutes ago, Ender said:

That's a great question!

10 minutes ago, Ender said:

10% of the local population got the H1N1 swine flu back in 2009. I'm sure it's still circulating.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Ender said:

it's a good point

the critical issue is whether these asymptomatic persons are able to spread the virus to others, esp in populations that have low % vaccination.

• Praise 1

41 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

this is the future world 

stay home, jack in, get online, release the kraken

let your avatar or surrogate to go out 

it's a better, faster, safer version of you ... can work can anyhow piak no disease

until someone hack into your system ... lol

Maybe not for Covid-19 but some experts have been talking about a more serious virus to come that has very high R0 and fatality rate. Then we really need an avatar to go out.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Hypersonic
10 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

That's a great question!

10% of the local population got the H1N1 swine flu back in 2009. I'm sure it's still circulating.

I  read somewhere, that the end game of virus mutation is not to be deadlier, but to be less deadly and to coexist  with the host. 

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Maybe not for Covid-19 but some experts have been talking about a more serious virus to come that has very high R0 and fatality rate. Then we really need an avatar to go out.

Disease X.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, CremornePt said:

27 out of 91% of 255 = 12% infected = 88% "efficiency".

And 23 out of those 27 were asymptomatic.

That's actually pretty good, even though it doesn't sounds like it. But a lot better than +100 symptomatic cases.

The problem I see with asymptomatic is we will never know if that person gonna be asymptomatic forever or the healthcare folks happen to catch this person early before any symptoms are developed.

• Praise 3

30 minutes ago, Tohto said:

For those Influenza A & B jab, after the jab will still possible to get it. Just that it is so mute that you don't feel it.

I believe some form of test will review the person actually got it already and just asymptomatic.

This might be the same case for Covid. The issue is how often we need to repeat a Covid vaccination, currently there is no data.

Isn't the flu vaccine something like 45-50% effective only because WHO needs to predict, in advance, what variation of it/them we need to expect in the following year?

It was many years ago an doctor said on TV, that I always remember.......... "You NEVER catch the same flu twice" but i can't rightly remember whether he said cold or flu.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Isn't the flu vaccine something like 45-50% effective only because WHO needs to predict, in advance, what variation of it/them we need to expect in the following year?

It was many years ago an doctor said on TV, that I always remember.......... "You NEVER catch the same flu twice" but i can't rightly remember whether he said cold or flu.

should be flu, cos I always catch a cold  [laugh]

17 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Maybe not for Covid-19 but some experts have been talking about a more serious virus to come that has very high R0 and fatality rate.

That would kill everyone off. On the positive side, we wouldn't need to renew our TT tokens every 6 mths.

COVID is a particularly annoying virus due to its asymptomatic spread & long incubation period.

At the moment it costs S$3,500 per person & 3 wasted weeks to cross our border from JB.

Not a very convenient long term position for anyone.

15 minutes ago, Ender said:

I  read somewhere, that the end game of virus mutation is not to be deadlier, but to be less deadly and to coexist  with the host. 

It's true, it's not in the virus' interest to kill its host........ suicide.

It's true goal is to spread and live-on but we need to get through the self-learning phase. I think we're half way there, personally. The Delta variant (🤐) is getting close......spread like wildfire but still a bit too deadly though apparently fine for those vaccinated. We'll see what happens when it learns to break the vaccine but on that basis we'll need a shot every year and Moderna started a few months back to combine the COVID shot with the "normal" flu shot for trials but without Emergency Use Approval, this will likely take a few years and we'll need two shots per year instead.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4