COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

10 hours ago, Tohto said:

If they going to said in-sufficient, will  sure cause panic. A box of mask price is sky rocket to $100 by some greed seller.

Definitely we doesn't have enough mask during that time. That's why we trying to ship mask back from Taiwan produce by ST Engineering. 

You missed the point.

Mask isn't to prevent one from getting infected but on contrary minimise the chance of one infecting others. If a country don't even have an emergency stock pile of mask than somewhere somehow must be very wrong. As t that juncture; Hk, taiwan, japan even in china have already urging citizens to put on mask. 

Following order from the WHO which in itself already a mouth piece of china. Rename the wuhan as covid.👏 Slow in declaring a pandemic.

The profiteering of mask by unscrupulous vendor can be prevent by the relevant ministry just like how they do it with staple products. The government did stepped in eventually but only after panic were caused. Reactive imo.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Do you guys estimate how much $ you spent on masks alone?

Does it come foc anyway ? Bearing in mind "we raid our reserve" for the covid package which would includes mask, vaccine.

Ministers paid out from their own pocket? Nothing is free. Temasek mask free? Don't set me laughing.

8 hours ago, 13177 said:

Depends on the room, if the room has large windows or even a balcony that you can walk out. Maybe still can survive confine inside the room for 21 days?

But if dont have balcony and windows cannot be open, then staying inside the room with recirculating of aircon with no fresh air for 21 days quite torturous.

I doubt one can have a choice of hotel. 

The mental and physical aspects of a 21 days quarantine really not worth for 1 week Bkk holiday.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
8 hours ago, 13177 said:

Depends on the room, if the room has large windows or even a balcony that you can walk out. Maybe still can survive confine inside the room for 21 days?

But if dont have balcony and windows cannot be open, then staying inside the room with recirculating of aircon with no fresh air for 21 days quite torturous.

Most of the hotel room here are small and tiny. Not worth the 5 days holiday and need to quarantine 21 days. 

Wasting of leave, wasting of money and also affect mental health.

• Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Kopites said:

You missed the point.

Mask isn't to prevent one from getting infected but on contrary minimise the chance of one infecting others. If a country don't even have an emergency stock pile of mask than somewhere somehow must be very wrong. As t that juncture; Hk, taiwan, japan even in china have already urging citizens to put on mask. 

Following order from the WHO which in itself already a mouth piece of china. Rename the wuhan as covid.👏 Slow in declaring a pandemic.

The profiteering of mask by unscrupulous vendor can be prevent by the relevant ministry just like how they do it with staple products. The government did stepped in eventually but only after panic were caused. Reactive imo.

The emergency stockpile is for healthcare workers.

In Jan & Feb 2020, even private clinics has problems looking for mask then.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

But most of the non-vaccinated people are patients and old people with existing medical conditions. 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

But most of the non-vaccinated people are patients and old people with existing medical conditions. 

That’s why senior citizens are encouraged to vaccinate

Hypersonic
(edited)
11 hours ago, Tohto said:

At least we kick Lam Pin Min out of SK GRC...

He’s back at Eagle Eye Centre to be an eye doctor again, doing well.

The one that 死赖着不走 is Ng Chee Meng. Because he can go nowhere.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 6

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Kopites said:

I doubt one can have a choice of hotel. 

The mental and physical aspects of a 21 days quarantine really not worth for 1 week Bkk holiday.

If that is the case, then go longer Bkk holiday since still need to serve 21 days SHN. 😂

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Do you guys estimate how much $ you spent on masks alone?

No estimate but no choice have to spend. I everyday one mask if got go out, would not reuse the mask few days before discard to save on mask.

Hypersonic
(edited)
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No estimate but no choice have to spend. I everyday one mask if got go out, would not reuse the mask few days before discard to save on mask.

If you are using disposable mask, it cannot be used for 1 whole day. 4 hours need to change.

I only use surgical/medical  mask, I will carry extra when went out.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

He’s back at EEC to be a eye doctor again, doing well.

The one that 死赖着不走 is Ng Chee Meng. Because he can go nowhere.

This ng chee meng must continue to make his presence felt to people. So that he can come back in next GE. And hoping he can go back to parliament as minister again.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If that is the case, then go longer Bkk holiday since still need to serve 21 days SHN. 😂

A family of three will set you back about 10k!

I won't do it unless government reduce the mandatory 21 days.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Tohto said:

If you are using disposable mask, it cannot be used for 1 whole day. 4 hours need to change.

I only use surgical mask, I will carry extra when went out.

By right should change every 4 hours if out whole day. But by left usually i one mask one day. Unless the mask really get very moist or dirty due to talking too much.

Edited by 13177

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This ng chee meng must continue to make his presence felt to people. So that he can come back in next GE. And hoping he can go back to parliament as minister again.

Yep, am sure he will be back in 2025. Where can he go? Go back to SAF? 🤣

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

By right should change every 4 hours if out whole day. But by left usually i one mask one day. Unless the mask really get very moist or dirty due to talking too much.

It will lost some of it effectiveness,  why want to save penny and risk ownself.  Mask is so cheap and easily available. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Yep, am sure he will be back in 2025. Where can he go? Go back to SAF? 🤣

He can go back saf to be chief clerk lo. Anyway, i think those minister who got voted out in GE, no one make a comeback in next GE de. Except OYK and maybe this NCM i think.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

haha .. good plan except that bkk not in sandbox ..

go bkk now need 14 day quarantine in their hotel which from what i heard can be pretty crappy .. or can go to phuket stay 14 days without quarantine but remain on island the 14 days before going on to bkk then bkk no need quarantine .. 

will turn out to be a pretty long excursion then .. 2 weeks phuket, the say 1 week bkk then back 3 weeks spore shn .. 😄

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1