COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Supercharged
21 hours ago, Spurman said:

Anyone in construction?

Construction supplies?

Heres some stupidity:

Dear Sir,

Recently, the full implementation of the RRT swab tests for all personnels including delivery personnels has taken effect. There was so hiccups earlier due to BCA not opening up applications for non construction trades to apply. It has since been resolved and all logistics companies are complying.

However, we received news of an absurd new pilot program where selected sites requires additional on-site testing of delivery persons. This is simply inhumane.

Already, time is wasted on the bi-weekly RRT, to queue and get one swabbed takes an average of 2 hours. Okay, fine, we follow as we understand its necessary and since all workers living in dormitories are going through this.

But its absurd to even suggest one to get a swab test done again before entering a construction site. The same delivery guy needs to deliver say 5 to 10 sites everyday. To do the same amount of swab test a day is simply insane, crazy.

All our drivers threaten to quit and perhaps become a Grab Food or Panda delivery person. Why be subjected to being treated so lowly, like beggars or worse an animal. Imagine being swab test everyday, or worse every 5 times, 10 times a day. I think by the 3rd or 4th time, the drivers would need a new nose job.

We will not adhere to such nonsense scheme and we suggest BCA to scrap this pilot trial. To adhere to this trial means all companies think this is a good idea, supporting this measures,  but its the worse idea ever.

Meanwhile for all such pilot sites, no deliveries of goods will be arranged to these sites.

Imagine, to go to every hawker center, every shopping malls, to have a swab test on everyone entering these places. What chaos will it causes.

Feedback to BCA.

Those who are in this trade should know.

I send this feedback thru bca feedback online.

See any replies.

↡ Advertisement

SCMP - Coronavirus mutated 32 times inside South African HIV-positive woman over course of seven months

A while ago I read scientists speculated the UK variant "alpha" plausibly originated from a similar immunocomprised patient zero somewhere, as opposed through the "regular" self selection mutation mechanism in the population.

In other words, immunocompromised people can act as a sort of "mutation superspreader".

Most immunocompromised people would already be under some sort of care or surveillance, but looks like they deserve special attention in a viral pandemic.

• Shocked 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

My guess is Wed or Thurs.

They need to give FnB businesses time to react for resuming eat-in. Includes increasing staffing levels, re-configuring table arrangement and also ordering more supplies. So a few working days will be needed.

That's my guess as well, if they going to extend, no grace period required, so if you don't hear anything by Fri, means extending..

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

That's my guess as well, if they going to extend, no grace period required, so if you don't hear anything by Fri, means extending..

Something has to be announced soon.

In Sg, there is no such thing as extend without announcement.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Yea announce extension on Fri onwards lo..

• Praise 1

Supercharged
53 minutes ago, Etnt said:

just keep harping on being ex-naval officer.

Naval officer jiak bui bui one ah?

Their rations too rich?

Or not enough space on ship to exercise?

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Naval officer jiak bui bui one ah?

Their rations too rich?

Or not enough space on ship to exercise?

Already said EX.

Of course bui bui now

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

By fri they have to announce. I guess today until thurs community cases should maintain single digit de?! Lol.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
21 minutes ago, 13177 said:

By fri they have to announce. I guess today until thurs community cases should maintain single digit de?! Lol.

Or zero