Blueray

COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Message added by BabyBlade

Supercharged
8 hours ago, 13177 said:

Last week of phase 2, so community cases will have miracle to drop. 😅 If not next week how?

Thinking when will gahment announce what will happen from 14 Jun? 🤔 Thurs or Fri?

My guess is Wed or Thurs.

They need to give FnB businesses time to react for resuming eat-in. Includes increasing staffing levels, re-configuring table arrangement and also ordering more supplies. So a few working days will be needed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

5th Gear
2 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

They need to give FnB businesses time to react for resuming eat-in. Includes increasing staffing levels, re-configuring table arrangement and also ordering more supplies. So a few working days will be needed.

really hope it will ease up and we can have dine in by next week even in small numbers ..

also good for the smaller businesses ..

but the worry always is that we continue to still have all these illegal ktv gatherings and blatant disregard of distancing rules .. catch all of them and let them contribute to nation building! 

• Praise 4

Supersonic
1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

So when they announced no dine-in measure that time, how many days in advance before it kicks in ah?  So roughly we should know when they will announced the new measures from 14 Jun this time lo. Actually other than F&B business, companies also need to react and inform their staff on the wfh measure. My boss is waiting for the gahment announcement to decide on the wfh arrangement next week. [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Mooose said:

really hope it will ease up and we can have dine in by next week even in small numbers ..

also good for the smaller businesses ..

but the worry always is that we continue to still have all these illegal ktv gatherings and blatant disregard of distancing rules .. catch all of them and let them contribute to nation building! 

I would guess high chance they will allowed dine-in next week since they always say our community cases are very stable?! Lol.

4th Gear
10 hours ago, CremornePt said:

Coming right up:

watched it last year..Covid-23...ok movie to past time

5th Gear
11 minutes ago, Dankoo said:

watched it last year..Covid-23...ok movie to past time

Classic over the top Hollywood cheese, but rolling it out during the middle of the same actual pandemic is an interesting touch...

Some of the elements are a little too relatable.

Lockdown week number 213?

100% WFH in 2024?

TT app to have a temperature sensor in 2022?

Stay inside.

Stay safe, sane & sanitised.

Supercharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

So when they announced no dine-in measure that time, how many days in advance before it kicks in ah?  So roughly we should know when they will announced the new measures from 14 Jun this time lo. Actually other than F&B business, companies also need to react and inform their staff on the wfh measure. My boss is waiting for the gahment announcement to decide on the wfh arrangement next week. [rolleyes]

You think they will immediately allow Return-To-Office?

4th Gear

My take is 

Default - WFH

Dine-in: 4-5 pax

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
12 hours ago, Wt_know said:

1. jab jab jab 

2. test test test

3. quarantine quarantine quarantine

new normal ... :D 

Quarantine, declare victory and open gates

repeat :grin:

Supercharged
23 hours ago, bsswan said:

The problem so far has been reliance on one technology. Whilst it was good we eventually got the Moderna option to Pfizer, it's almost identical and doesn't actually provide that "Plan B" required.

Since the beginning, work should have been to approve two different technologies.

Some mistakes keep repeating themselves isn't it? 

the-big-read--singapore-has-been-buttres

Like the above :grin:

• Praise 2

Supercharged
21 hours ago, Spurman said:

Anyone in construction?

Construction supplies?

Heres some stupidity:

Dear Sir,

Recently, the full implementation of the RRT swab tests for all personnels including delivery personnels has taken effect. There was so hiccups earlier due to BCA not opening up applications for non construction trades to apply. It has since been resolved and all logistics companies are complying.

However, we received news of an absurd new pilot program where selected sites requires additional on-site testing of delivery persons. This is simply inhumane.

Already, time is wasted on the bi-weekly RRT, to queue and get one swabbed takes an average of 2 hours. Okay, fine, we follow as we understand its necessary and since all workers living in dormitories are going through this.

But its absurd to even suggest one to get a swab test done again before entering a construction site. The same delivery guy needs to deliver say 5 to 10 sites everyday. To do the same amount of swab test a day is simply insane, crazy.

All our drivers threaten to quit and perhaps become a Grab Food or Panda delivery person. Why be subjected to being treated so lowly, like beggars or worse an animal. Imagine being swab test everyday, or worse every 5 times, 10 times a day. I think by the 3rd or 4th time, the drivers would need a new nose job.

We will not adhere to such nonsense scheme and we suggest BCA to scrap this pilot trial. To adhere to this trial means all companies think this is a good idea, supporting this measures,  but its the worse idea ever.

Meanwhile for all such pilot sites, no deliveries of goods will be arranged to these sites.

Imagine, to go to every hawker center, every shopping malls, to have a swab test on everyone entering these places. What chaos will it causes.

Feedback to BCA.

Those who are in this trade should know.

I send this feedback thru bca feedback online.

See any replies.

5th Gear

SCMP - Coronavirus mutated 32 times inside South African HIV-positive woman over course of seven months

A while ago I read scientists speculated the UK variant "alpha" plausibly originated from a similar immunocomprised patient zero somewhere, as opposed through the "regular" self selection mutation mechanism in the population.

In other words, immunocompromised people can act as a sort of "mutation superspreader".

Most immunocompromised people would already be under some sort of care or surveillance, but looks like they deserve special attention in a viral pandemic.

• Shocked 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

That's my guess as well, if they going to extend, no grace period required, so if you don't hear anything by Fri, means extending..

• Praise 1

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

That's my guess as well, if they going to extend, no grace period required, so if you don't hear anything by Fri, means extending..

Something has to be announced soon.

In Sg, there is no such thing as extend without announcement.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1