COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

If you thought ah peks after vaccination and think they are invincible are jialat, those teenagers after vaccination will bring it to a whole new level.

Guess many people who vaccinated would think they are safe and sound, no need to follow the covid measures. Cause experts say liao even they kenna covid also would be in mild condition, would not die one, so no need scare at all. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
41 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Si gina  at the end will be paid by parents. 

No problem de since most parents now earn high salary, can afford one. Just treat it contributing to nation building. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Just leave the uncles and Aunties alone la, thy could be Pioneer / Merdeka generation group, in a way thy had done their part in the building up of earlier Singapore during LKY's era  . . . so to speak .

Besides, this period of uncertainty has had caused loads of free time for them not to mingle in coffee-shop, Toto kiosk or any back lane smoking activities, so long as they don the masks correctly and observe social distancing by 1/2 m apart, that is well and good.

Usually I respect senior citizens by nodding my head of acknowledgement and eyes contact when we crossed path, giving way to them ( respect ) thy will reciprocate in returns. Peace to all brothers and sisters [:p]

• Praise 4

Ion Orchard to close for 4 days from June 12 due to Covid-19 cases; visitors to mall to get free swab tests

On Friday, MOH reported that a 57-year-old woman who works as a promoter at Guardian in Ion Orchard had tested positive for Covid-19. Currently an unlinked case, she is the third worker at Ion Orchard to test positive for the virus, prompting MOH to close the mall until June 16.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ion-orchard-to-be-closed-for-four-days-for-cleaning-disinfecting-works

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Guess many people who vaccinated would think they are safe and sound, no need to follow the covid measures. Cause experts say liao even they kenna covid also would be in mild condition, would not die one, so no need scare at all. 🤣

haha they never think about their family they stay with or people they are in contact with who may not be vaccinated .. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If we should remain scared after vaccination, then no need to continue...... nuclear war the whole place and get it over with.

No point in living a scared life.

Vaccine, meet our percentage, move on.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, Mooose said:

haha they never think about their family they stay with or people they are in contact with who may not be vaccinated .. 

Sorry to say, humans as nature are selfish de. Where to find so many people always think of others first? 🙄

And looking at the current vaccination exercise, it seems like majority people are vaccinated?! Maybe only minority are not vaccinated due to not their turn yet?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, bsswan said:

If we should remain scared after vaccination, then no need to continue...... nuclear war the whole place and get it over with.

Maybe this is why you see many people after vaccination, they are really moving on with life, never remain scared, and also no need to bother so much on covid measures liao?! 😅

4 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Exactly. In singapore we already find it is less deadly than dengue. Only spread more easily. If we get vaccinated and it spread as slowly as dengue theres no reason to hide forever. But TT and contact tracing may be with us for long time

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Maybe this is why you see many people after vaccination, they are really moving on with life, never remain scared, and also no need to bother so much on covid measures liao?! 😅

Likely....... Myself and wife fully vaccinated, my son's first shot next week.

Our office all except one is fully vaccinated, and the final one got first shot just past Thursday.

I've basically been outside the apartment one day to the office since P2HA without including some food pick up and taxiing wife to work. Most would be the same, but finding it difficult not to just move on - problem is there is nowhere to go and nothing to do.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Exactly. In singapore we already find it is less deadly than dengue. Only spread more easily. If we get vaccinated and it spread as slowly as dengue theres no reason to hide forever. But TT and contact tracing may be with us for long time

Actually i find dengue more dangerous since we can prevent it but we cannot avoid from getting dengue, cause how we are able to control a mozzie to bite us and tell if a mozzie is infected with dengue?

Whereas covid chances is higher that we can prevent and avoid of getting infected, by following measures strictly, wash our hands and dont anyhow touch and then touch our face etc.

learn to live with the new normal, covid will be around for long long time. Get vaccination, self test kits for work and home, soon Pfizer bnt factory will be set up to make vaccine here. We are more or less prepare for long term coexist with covid. 

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Actually i find dengue more dangerous since we can prevent it but we cannot avoid from getting dengue, cause how we are able to control a mozzie to bite us and tell if a mozzie is infected with dengue?

Whereas covid chances is higher that we can prevent and avoid of getting infected, by following measures strictly, wash our hands and dont anyhow touch and then touch our face etc.

Same same lah... for dengue we have to constantly fumigate, attack breeding site of mosquito since we cant prevent the mosquito from biting where it wants once it is out. Covid we constantly sanitize, quarantine ppl, vaccinate. Effectively same basic idea: Attack breeding site of the virus and quarantine its carriers. If it is less deadly, if ppl self isolate, maintain hygiene, then urgency to shutdown whole blocks or whole island is not so high. So basically endemic phase is all down to people being responsible because we are the potential carriers. More responsible = more freedom. Less responsible = more lockdown needed

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, yishunite said:

So basically endemic phase is all down to people being responsible because we are the potential carriers. More responsible = more freedom. Less responsible = more lockdown needed

Endemic will not be a phase, it will be permanent, so we should only consist of three points.....

1. Vaccinate annually or, as required.

2. Stay home when feeling unwell and see a doctor.

3. Wear a mask if feeling unwell and when in public.

All normal stuff when spoken about a flu. We shouldn't need any more, remembering Zero-Case is a myth and we should not target a New Normal (a phrase I detest with every cell of my being), but instead target Normal. That's it, just Normal.

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Endemic will not be a phase, it will be permanent, so we should only consist of three points.....

1. Vaccinate annually or, as required.

2. Stay home when feeling unwell and see a doctor.

3. Wear a mask if feeling unwell and when in public.

All normal stuff when spoken about a flu. We shouldn't need any more, remembering Zero-Case is a myth and we should not target a New Normal (a phrase I detest with every cell of my being), but instead target Normal. That's it, just Normal.

However in our asian culture, flu is consider minor problem. Normally it is the norm to work thru a flu rather than take MC. In early phase of "new normal" I think we have to retrain our thinking that flu is take MC no ifs no buts

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

learn to live with the new normal, covid will be around for long long time. Get vaccination, self test kits for work and home, soon Pfizer bnt factory will be set up to make vaccine here. We are more or less prepare for long term coexist with covid. 

You are mostly right...provided we dun kena one super king pin boss variant that is majiam Doomsday from DC, can circumvent all our vaccines...we must have contingency plans for such a super variant..that super Category 5 Kaiju if ya know what i mean..

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

From phase 2 HA now we have phase 3 HA. Then when the next wave comes in future (for sure to come, regardless how many percentage vaccination, as long as we persist in opening doors ), what is it going to be called, I wonder?? [laugh]

And all the while what never change is Dorscon Orange.