Jump to content
Blueray

COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

 

Message added by BabyBlade

Recommended Posts

6th Gear
22 minutes ago, Raubern said:

Update on today's comm case

- 33 year old Filipino nurse at Sengkang General Hospital.  Tested preliminarily positive for the B1617 variant. He developed a runny nose on 9 May night, cough on 10 May night, and subsequently fever, sore throat, shortness of breath and loss of taste on 11 May. Unlinked case

- 36 year-old female Vietnam national who is a Short-Term Visit Pass holder. She is a household contact  of the Grab driver (Case 62969). A new cluster is formed, 3 cases linked to the Grab driver

- 24 year-old male Singaporean who is employed by Huawei Enterprise as an IT engineer and works at Changi Airport Terminal 4

- 39 year-old  ICA officer at T3.  Tested preliminarily positive for the B1617 variant

- 38 year-old ICA officer at T3.  tested preliminarily positive for the B1617 variant

- 62 year old cleaner and trolley handler at T3

- 65 year old cleaner at T3

- 28 year old aviation security officer at T3

- 42 year old sales associate at a retail store at T3

- 64 year-old female Singaporean who had been warded in Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) Ward 9D from 26 April, and was transferred to NCID on 28 April. She repeatedly tested negative, and was discharged and quarantined on 2 May. Tested positive on 11 May

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/10-new-cases-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection_12MayUpdate

Wah seems like the nurse at sengkang hospital developed all the symptoms. How many hospitals kana liao?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
8 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Not play with madness meh 😁

that is their mental state...[crazy]

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
13 hours ago, Blueray said:

some months back assperts say our quarantine measures very the goot wor ...

Rise in imported COVID-19 cases due to surge worldwide, but experts say Singapore has 'strong' quarantine measures

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-imported-cases-surge-worldwide-singapore-measures-14043816

 

the TTSH and Changi Airport strain seems quite virulent.

wonder import from where one ... [grin]

I think our capabilities probably indeed good enough to handle the previous covid strains but we underestimated the infectiousness of the Indian variants. One thing I'm always curious, why some of the airport staff in the arrival halls don't have to be decked in full PPE as seen in videos. They have direct and close contact with so many arrival passengers everyday, just a surgical mask isn't sufficient. 

  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

I wonder if the airport staff and the fact that there are staff at Changi business park mingling during lunch time will have a compound effect.

because CBP has a large population of workers who often take free shuttles to jewel for lunch . But less of them do that now as there is schedule A and B workforce in place.

but if there is a spread, CBP may also become a hub . hopefully I am just having a senior moment and no such thing will happen.
 

 

  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear (edited)

Changi Business Park may already have a large, undetected cluster. A large number of people working there originate from a particular country to the northwest of Singapore. Even if they are not new arrivals themselves, they will freely mingle with the new arrivals who are either their friends, relatives, or colleagues.


As seen before, many of the jobs there can be conducted remotely (WFH) and yet they come to our sunny island - to work from home. These workers then decide to return to their home country after a couple of weeks here. During their exit test, they are then detected to be COVID positive. A bit too late by then.


If mass swab testing is conducted there, I wonder how many cases will turn up? There's a reason why that area is fondly called Chennai Business Park.

Edited by Flying_genie
  • Praise 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
9 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

But we can discriminate hospital and airport ppl😬😆

Discrimination base on colour punishable by court of justice. 

Discrimination base on profession punishable by court of social media.

😄

 

  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged (edited)

Side note...

Isreal has finish vaccinating. And is supposedly open. 

I was talking to an Israeli asking him if they have experienced vaccinated ppl being infected again like we are... he said no.

Which is strange... 🤔

 

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Flying_genie said:

Changi Business Park may already have a large, undetected cluster. A large number of people working there originate from a particular country to the northwest of Singapore. Even if they are not new arrivals themselves, they will freely mingle with the new arrivals who are either their friends, relatives, or colleagues.


As seen before, many of the jobs there can be conducted remotely (WFH) and yet they come to our sunny island - to work from home. These workers then decide to return to their home country after a couple of weeks here. During their exit test, they are then detected to be COVID positive. A bit too late by then.


If mass swab testing is conducted there, I wonder how many cases will turn up? There's a reason why that area is fondly called Chennai Business Park.

Well the FW types basically don't go home... too expensive.. better and safer stay here send money back. 

The ceca type... being much better paid.. need to see how many and how often they go back and forth.. this includes PR and new citizens. But I suppose such data is classified. 

  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
9 hours ago, Tohto said:

Weekly unlinked per day less than 5. authority in charge on te release of infected data.

Credit to the authority in charge on the releasing of infected data.

Must be a tough job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
7 hours ago, Yamapi said:

Wah seems like the nurse at sengkang hospital developed all the symptoms. How many hospitals kana liao?

Seem like our health care group collapsing one after another.  😤

Maybe imh can be spare. They don't import infected indian with insane mind.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I wonder if the airport staff and the fact that there are staff at Changi business park mingling during lunch time will have a compound effect.

because CBP has a large population of workers who often take free shuttles to jewel for lunch . But less of them do that now as there is schedule A and B workforce in place.

but if there is a spread, CBP may also become a hub . hopefully I am just having a senior moment and no such thing will happen.
 

Very good point. They should carry out proactive testing at CBP, starting from the eateries and then office workers. I'm sure there are hidden cases there.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

Assperts keep on boasting how strong our quarantine is. But no matter how strong it is, leaks will happen if the handling of passengers  from arrival prior to their quarantine facilities is not taken care off properly.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
8 hours ago, Yamapi said:

Wah seems like the nurse at sengkang hospital developed all the symptoms. How many hospitals kana liao?

I read somewhere his serology test is positive. That means his has antibodies. Assuming his infection is new, that would mean the antibodies are from his vaccination, right? Vaccine not working in his case.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
5 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

I think our capabilities probably indeed good enough to handle the previous covid strains but we overestimated the infectiousness of the Indian variants. One thing I'm always curious, why some of the airport staff in the arrival halls don't have to be decked in full PPE as seen in videos. They have direct and close contact with so many arrival passengers everyday, just a surgical mask isn't sufficient. 

You meant under-estimated.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1 minute ago, Kopites said:

You meant under-estimated.

Yes underestimated! Thanks for the correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic (edited)
2 hours ago, Flying_genie said:

Changi Business Park may already have a large, undetected cluster. A large number of people working there originate from a particular country to the northwest of Singapore. Even if they are not new arrivals themselves, they will freely mingle with the new arrivals who are either their friends, relatives, or colleagues.


As seen before, many of the jobs there can be conducted remotely (WFH) and yet they come to our sunny island - to work from home. These workers then decide to return to their home country after a couple of weeks here. During their exit test, they are then detected to be COVID positive. A bit too late by then.


If mass swab testing is conducted there, I wonder how many cases will turn up? There's a reason why that area is fondly called Chennai Business Park.

Don’t forget MBFC too, not Marina Bay Financial Centre.

It’s MumBai Financial Centre.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear
1 hour ago, Playtime said:

Side note...

Isreal has finish vaccinating. And is supposedly open. 

I was talking to an Israeli asking him if they have experienced vaccinated ppl being infected again like we are... he said no.

Which is strange... 🤔

 

They don't have CECA policy lah. Not so many CECAs imported and spreading their joy there.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic (edited)
31 minutes ago, Ender said:

Assperts keep on boasting how strong our quarantine is. But no matter how strong it is, leaks will happen if the handling of passengers  from arrival prior to their quarantine facilities is not taken care off properly.

A fortress will also have cracks if it keep getting pounded. Nothing is impenetrable after months of pounding. 

The govt think their SHN is leakproof and the TT is almighty.

In this case, they over-estimated their capability. 😉

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×