COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Changi Airport Covid-19 cluster grows to 25; free testing for those who visited T3 since May 3

SINGAPORE - There were 16 cases of Covid-19 infection confirmed on Wednesday (May 12), 10 of which are community cases and the other six imported ones.

Of the community cases, seven are linked to the Changi Airport cluster. This brings the total number of patients in the cluster to 25, forming the second-largest active cluster after the one at Tan Tock Seng Hospital which has 44 cases.

Members of the public who had visited Changi Airport Terminal 3 since May 3 will be offered free Covid-19 testing, MOH said on Wednesday night.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/changi-airport-covid-19-cluster-grows-to-25-moh-to-offer-free-testing-for-people-who-had

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Seem like our health care group collapsing one after another.  😤

Maybe imh can be spare. They don't import infected indian with insane mind.

Good point, if IMH stays clean throughout then it may be a case study. Is it mainly because of fewer visitations, less interaction, more open air, etc compared to other hospitals.

It might be the demographics of the patients and/or families as well like you said.

Twincharged
18 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

They don't have CECA policy lah. Not so many CECAs imported and spreading their joy there.

But the changi cluster... many not ceca variant too leh..

Supersonic
9 hours ago, Vegas said:

my last biz trip was jan 23 2020 when i returned for cny. i have never been back to airport since

i hve no idea, why sg pple lov to go airport. shopping, makan etc.

Technically, the intl airport is one of the most dangerous places in every country

Maybe due to big space, many eatery and shops and also cold aircon, so people love to go airport jalan jalan. 😂 

Supersonic
10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

It’s me.

Got burnt liao lor, keep importing from high risk countries and this is what they get. Now create a lot of inconvenience for people working there and healthcare workers. In fact, the whole community.

Farking well done 4G!

Lawrence Wong speech at the task force meeting and parliament are BS.

Lol. Ya got burnt and they got us burnt lo.😓

7 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

I think our capabilities probably indeed good enough to handle the previous covid strains but we overestimated the infectiousness of the Indian variants. One thing I'm always curious, why some of the airport staff in the arrival halls don't have to be decked in full PPE as seen in videos. They have direct and close contact with so many arrival passengers everyday, just a surgical mask isn't sufficient. 

That the virus can mutate to become more infectious was a known unknown.  When you are faced with a known unknown hazard that has the possibility of upending your organization, it would be better to err on the side of caution.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

Meanwhile our dear Speaker buay song that Taxi/PHVs not supporting TTSH frontliners by rejecting their request while the government keeps advising people to monitor their own health if they have been to places visited by confirmed cases, isn't this contradicting?

Btw, who is supporting the drivers if they kena SHN or quarantined, they still have to pay for rental without any income.

May I suggest all our 4G leaders to pick up the TTSH frontliners for a day to show their support instead of just paying lip service since we have come to this stage all bcos of their 'excellent decision'!

Edited by Civic101
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Civic101 said:

Meanwhile our dear Speaker buay song that Taxi/PHVs not supporting TTSH frontliners by rejecting their request while the government keeps advising people to monitor their own health if they have been to places visited by confirmed cases, isn't this contradicting?

Btw, who is supporting the drivers if they kena SHN or quarantined, they still have to pay for rental without any income.

May I suggest all our 4G leaders to pick up the TTSH frontliners for a day to show their support instead of just paying lip service.

Or put their $$$ where their mouth is... if Grab uncle kena SHN they pay his lost earnings?

• Praise 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Civic101 said:

May I suggest all our 4G leaders to pick up the TTSH frontliners for a day to show their support instead of just paying lip service.

Might well ask all ministers (MP) to open their residence to bunk all TTSH frontline.

Now include sengkang?

Talk is cheap as long as not happening in our backyard.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Flying_genie said:

Changi Business Park may already have a large, undetected cluster. A large number of people working there originate from a particular country to the northwest of Singapore. Even if they are not new arrivals themselves, they will freely mingle with the new arrivals who are either their friends, relatives, or colleagues.

As seen before, many of the jobs there can be conducted remotely (WFH) and yet they come to our sunny island - to work from home. These workers then decide to return to their home country after a couple of weeks here. During their exit test, they are then detected to be COVID positive. A bit too late by then.

If mass swab testing is conducted there, I wonder how many cases will turn up? There's a reason why that area is fondly called Chennai Business Park.

For tax and salary perks and bragging rights, Singapore is still the place to be..

imagine this tweet were to happen, 

stuck in Singapore but hearth is with mother land.. 

rather than reeeting

omg 400000 n raising .. mammeeee

Turbocharged

My wife suggests only one of us take vaccine. Reason is in case got future side-effects, one parent would be unaffected. Dunno if she's wise, or she wants me to die.... 

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 11

14 minutes ago, Karoon said:

My wife suggests only one of us take vaccine. Reason is in case got future side-effects, one parent would be unaffected. Dunno if she's wise, or she wants me to die.... 

is this similar thinking to some families who decide to take separate flights for holidays? 😄

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

fine fine fine !!!

2021-05-13_095626.jpg

I don't quite get why airlines should be penalized. They are just the transporters of the goods what. If there was not a demand, nobody would be coming. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

you have a lot of insurance policies ? :XD:

on a serious note, I think both should get vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Might well ask all ministers (MP) to open their residence to bunk all TTSH frontline.

Now include sengkang?

Talk is cheap as long as not happening in our backyard.

i recall one minister got farmer friend who gives her eggs.

maybe can go her place for some sunny side ups ?  [:)]

• Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

9 Covid-19 cases in past 6 days did not see doctor when sick; experts say next few weeks crucial for S'pore
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/9-covid-19-cases-in-past-six-days-did-not-see-doctor-when-sick-experts-say-next-few

Asspert fat AM Dale Fisher...

I can't fathom why a sane person can seek Singaporean not to be complacent but on other hand keep importing indian virus into the country.

Beyond any human being comprehension.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1